Who is the best Joker ? Jack or heath

best joker

• Jack Nicholson

Votes: 32 47.1%
  • Heath Ledger

Votes: 36 52.9%

• Total voters
cant say both just as good for being different, Jack captured the whacky side that Ledger didnt and Ledger went into the dark side that Jack didnt

one things for sure though, Ledgers Joker is the most overrated thing of all time

cant say both just as good for being different, Jack captured the whacky side that Ledger didnt and Ledger went into the dark side that Jack didnt

one things for sure though, Ledgers Joker is the most overrated thing of all time

yea , i mean if Heath Ledger hadnt have died then the film wouldnt have made half the impact which it did

This post will contain spoilers from Batman (1989)

I actually think that Jack's Joker is much more creepier than Heath's Joker. The one scene that does it for me is when Jack looks in the mirror and see's himself as The Joker for the first time and he cracks up. That was really creppy. Now Heath Ledger did a great job as The Joker also but he didn't creep me out as much as Jack did

The easiest way to find an answer is to ask yourself which Joker you would be most frightened to be captured in an elevator with, and for me that is Jack.

And just like you guys said, Heath's joker really is overrated.
I wish they'd make him "more" - let him be more psycho, be more violent, be more of everything.

It's something very unpleasant with Jack's joker, you feel uncomfortable even looking at the TV screen.

I prefer Jack but it could be just childhood nostalgia.

yea , i mean if Heath Ledger hadnt have died then the film wouldnt have made half the impact which it did

That's not true. Ledger's performance was just THAT good. Now, because of his death, the MOVIE got more attention for sure, but that was one hell of an acting performance.

The easiest way to find an answer is to ask yourself which Joker you would be most frightened to be captured in an elevator with, and for me that is Jack.
well if you want to put it that way - considering the fact that Jack is an a$$ in real life, and a creepy old man too then I guess Jack would be the best choice :number_1:
Heath was too much of a sweetheart to scare anyone really, but that still doesn't diminish the fact that he was a darn good actor they should've given him the oscar for brokeback mountain

well if you want to put it that way - considering the fact that Jack is an a$$ in real life, and a creepy old man too then I guess Jack would be the best choice :number_1:

That is what I mean, in a weird way the Joker and real life Jack characters don't seem to far apart :D
I would be frightened to even get stuck in an elevator with "real life Jack", dude's halo is very crooked :D

That's not true. Ledger's performance was just THAT good. Now, because of his death, the MOVIE got more attention for sure, but that was one hell of an acting performance.
Its very true, when you have people comparing his performance to Brando in Godfather then your overrated in my book

JACK NICHOLSON.

No question.
not only the way the man played him, hes a great actor.
but the makeup up was superb, the way they made his face wow. Ledgers makeup was thrown on nothing creative. i thought Ledger was a good choice to play the joker, but his performance doesnt compare to Jack.

That is what I mean, in a weird way the Joker and real life Jack characters don't seem to far apart :D
I would be frightened to even get stuck in an elevator with "real life Jack", dude's halo is very crooked :D

lol..well then, he found his calling then, didn't he? lol :lol:

Its very true, when you have people comparing his performance to Brando in Godfather then your overrated in my book

That's a matter of opinion, I happen to think Brando was overrated in many ways. Let's just say it's personal taste then.

wow what a mean and rude thing to say. jack is one of the greatest actors ever, a true american legend and a wonderful amazing person. how can u be so mean ? :no: i would expect michaels fans to know better than that.

jack is the best joker. hands down.

maybe hes just too cool for u :D

Equal, I would say. Like Chaos said, they both interpreted aspects of the comic book charcater that the other did not. Maybe someday they'll be able to merge all these qualities together for the ultimate live action Joker, lol.

wow what a mean and rude thing to say. jack is one of the greatest actors ever, a true american legend and a wonderful amazing person. how can u be so mean ? :no: i would expect michaels fans to know better than that.

jack is the best joker. hands down.
I'm not trying to be mean or rude I know him well enough to say that about him and I don't think he would mind he would probably feel complimented lol....people on this board need to lighten up a little sense of humor won't harm anyone

didnt see heath's but i loved it when Jack did him.

I'm not trying to be mean or rude I know him well enough to say that about him and I don't think he would mind he would probably feel complimented lol....people on this board need to lighten up a little sense of humor won't harm anyone

im sorry but i really fail to see how putting someone down like this and insulting them by calling them "ass" and "creepy old man" is humorous. ur very much entitled to ur own opinion but cant u express it a little more politely ? is it really necessary to go as far as calling him names and such. i dont know u personally but seeing that u are a michaels fan i believe that ur a kind and sensitive person deep down and are totally capable of expressing ur views more civilly and respectfully. u can dislike him as much as u want (i guess u have ur own reasons for that) but coming on here and calling him names is totally uncalled for since hes a great decent man whos never hurt nobody and does not deserve that kind of treatment. ty :flowers:

Prince in the "Partyman" video, lol.
2790841.jpg

Last edited:
Its hard to say as the movies they were in were both so different. Nicholson played more of the kiddie, animated, old-school comic style Joker, and Ledger portrayed the more grown-up, dark graphic-novel type Joker character. I prefer Ledger's version, so I'm going with him, but it was a tough call.

Its hard to say as the movies they were in were both so different.

whs.gif

Exactly!

That is kind of what I wanted to say in both this and the Batman thread, that is kind of hard judging them based on "how well" they adapter to the joker part since it's two different movies.
It's like, the first Batman movie is almost this action comedy - and the 2 latest movies are this huge epic, and very very dark movies.

It's kind of like comparing Harry Potter to Frodo - like who was the best weird little kid?

Difference is Batman would kick both their asses.

Back