Who got time magazine!!!!

lol it amuses me that they call him a "troubling" idol - what exactly about Michael was "troubling"? you know what I find more "troubling"? I find the sick, twisted media's power over people troubling. At least Michael proved that people can think independantly of the media.

going to have a scoot around the shops this evening to see if i can get a copy

Got these three today:
orl8io.jpg

Can't promise anything, but if a few of you can't get them were you live, I might be able to buy a few and send them to you?
If anyone wants inside pictures I'll take them too. I also got the NME one..

I don't know what would be considered trashing by different people. I haven't read the articles in their entirety, but in leafing through it for you I did see mention of drug use and demerol in the article about his death, there are pictures of his children (absolutely adorable, but it might bother some although accompanied by sidebar and quotes about what a great father he was), there is a small picture of the incident with Blanket but with no negative commentary, there is a spread about plastic surgery mostly just showing pictures of his face throughout the years (I like seeing all the pictures but the some might find the topic itself undesirable), and there is a page about the allegations which is the most negative part of the magazine.

I don't think it trashes him. That might seem like a lot of lot of negative stuff, but I tried to identify every possible thing that might offend various fans. I think there is much more positive than negative, and I don't think it is worse than Time. There is also a nice article about his rise to superstardom, but on the whole it is not as article-heavy as Time. It is mostly comprised of pictures including a spread of pictures with him and many different celebrities. The best part of the magazine in my opinion, and why I bought it, was the back section. It has a bunch of full-page and full-spread pictures with nothing but a quote by him on each page.

Thanks so much!

Natashaaa, where did you get those? where do you live?

Thanks so much!

Natashaaa, where did you get those? where do you live?

I live in Northern Ireland, I got them in my local newsagents but I'm pretty sure I seen the first one I posted in sainsbury's.

The first one, 'Michael Jackson, a tribute to a legend' has a load of beautiful pictures and has different pages titled 'A star is born', 'The Music', 'The Man', 'His work' and 'Farewell, Michael' with different information and sub categories. 129 pages

The second, 'Michael Jackson, King of pop 1958-2009' has loads of pictures with quotes from people who knew him and pages titled 'Memories of Michael', 'Early years', 'Thrilling times', 'Good and bad', 'Dangerous', and 'You are not alone'. It has pages for facts and all of his chart positions etc in the back of it. 83 pages.

If you want any pictures of the inside, let me know :)

I live in Northern Ireland, I got them in my local newsagents but I'm pretty sure I seen the first one I posted in sainsbury's.

The first one, 'Michael Jackson, a tribute to a legend' has a load of beautiful pictures and has different pages titled 'A star is born', 'The Music', 'The Man', 'His work' and 'Farewell, Michael' with different information and sub categories. 129 pages

The second, 'Michael Jackson, King of pop 1958-2009' has loads of pictures with quotes from people who knew him and pages titled 'Memories of Michael', 'Early years', 'Thrilling times', 'Good and bad', 'Dangerous', and 'You are not alone'. It has pages for facts and all of his chart positions etc in the back of it. 83 pages.

If you want any pictures of the inside, let me know :)

Thanks for the info, can you post some pics please? :flowers:

Got these three today:
orl8io.jpg

Can't promise anything, but if a few of you can't get them were you live, I might be able to buy a few and send them to you?

What are the first two? What do they say about him?

Btw, i dont live in the US but my brother does and he bought me Time, Entertainment Weekly (all 4 covers) and Rolling Stones :) ... What other do you guys think i should i get?

Got these three today:
orl8io.jpg

I was going to get the NME one too, because the cover was GREAT, but there seemed to be very little inside there about him.

Those ones look great though. I'm going to go to town at the weekend and try and have a mooch around WH Smith.

I was going to get the NME one too, because the cover was GREAT, but there seemed to be very little inside there about him.

Those ones look great though. I'm going to go to town at the weekend and try and have a mooch around WH Smith.

Except for the cover, the NME one isn't that great. I buy the NME everyweek anyway but if you're just looking for Michael stuff it's probably not worth the money. The other three are class, some pictures I've not seen in a long time and loads I've not seen before. There's a poster in one of them too, I don't want to pull it out though but it's really lovely :)

Wow! those are great! thanks so much for taking the time to do this, i really apreciate it! :flowers:

:O I hope I'm not too late! :-(.

Does anyone know if these magazines (People, Time, NME... etc.) and ones you can buy in the UK are weekly issues?? If so, have I missed them all? I hope not...

Time magazine was...ok at least until later...then it got kinda offensive..
people..ok i guess.. i liked the back, not really much in the magazine
Entertainment...not much in there either
USA today LIFE commemorative edition was decent

the best by far though was Historical magazine extremely nice and respectful, didn't even mention his trial at all, did not even reference the nick-name.

:O I hope I'm not too late! :-(.

Does anyone know if these magazines (People, Time, NME... etc.) and ones you can buy in the UK are weekly issues?? If so, have I missed them all? I hope not...

I'm not sure about the others, but the NME is out on a Tuesday and London and Wednesday everywhere else so there's still time to get that one :)

I just got it today. And earlier I got the Newsweek issue. Wow, it's just not feeling like this is real and happening. This, all of this hurts like hell.

I'm not sure about here in Canada... I haven't checked in a while and I'm afraid they stopped printing them... does anybody know when they stop printing them?

Here in Canada we have Hello Canada magazine's tribute to MJ but it has a bunch of other celebrity stuff inside other than MJ -_-

I bought a really good tribute issue today from whsmiths for a fiver..
its filled with amazing pictures about 50 pages or so
and nice words and stuff
no tabloid junk...
edit: i got the middle one in natashas pic!

I love it but was shocked to discover its actually published by the daily mirror!

Go this two today. My Gosh, I can't believe I am looking at magazine covers that say MJ 58-09 :(

magazines.jpg

Also seen Newsweek, but desided not to buy it since I herd it's bad... But that Time is somehow bad too...

Back