Who got time magazine!!!!

smoothcriminal12

Proud Member
:punk: I picked mine up yesterday. The memories of Michael Jackson, all filled in one almost-accurate magazine (they said that Thriller was the second best selling album ever).

Who else picked it up? I found it a pretty good issue, actually....:yes:

Maybe they meant in the US, where the Eagles actually slightly surpassed Thriller (according to Wikipedia at least), but wordwide yes Thriller is waaaay ahead of anyone else.

lol ok and i havents seen it in uk, been to 3 newsagents and 2 superstores. Going to Borders/WHSmith tomorrow I reckon itll ahve arrived by tomorrow at least

Time is an American newspaper. There is a Time Europe that covers the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa. Time Asia is for Hong Kong. So I guess you can only get it in the US and Canada.

********************does the uk edition have michael as a young boy on the cover?

I got mine yesterday :)
I also got the Newsweek magazine. They talked about his music and had good pics but the writer said some rude things about his looks.

Yeah, they said that Thriller was "on its way to becoming the best-selling album ever (until it was eclipsed in 2000 by The Eagles Greatest Hits, 1971-1975)"

Is that right or a typo? They had a greatest hits collection that only spanned 4 years? How useless :lol: I guess you meant 1985?

I called 4 borders locations and they were sold out. I mean SOLD OUT OF EVERY MICHAEL JACKSON Stuff they had. CD's DvD's Books you name it. So now I called Borders @ Tysons corner and they said they had it. and ama go and get it in bout an hour. hopefully they dont get sold out!

I went to my nearst Borders Location and only got NewsWeek Magazine. NinaB. said, the writer was kinda rude.

any chance you could get me a copy too? i beg......

i'll post you over the cash for it, im in ireland. would anyoine be so kind to get me one and ill arrange payment by paypal even

I got mine today in london. some really lovely pictures and good articles (with some inaccuracies as mentioned)
The picture on the front cover is one of my fav pics of him

I called 4 borders locations and they were sold out. I mean SOLD OUT OF EVERY MICHAEL JACKSON Stuff they had. CD's DvD's Books you name it. So now I called Borders @ Tysons corner and they said they had it. and ama go and get it in bout an hour. hopefully they dont get sold out!

I went to my nearst Borders Location and only got NewsWeek Magazine. NinaB. said, the writer was kinda rude.

Hey you live in Virginia?

I can't find it her either. I'm gonna go check kroger's but I kinda doubt they have it if Borders doesn't. Livin in a small town sucks!
If not can anyone buy 2 extra copies for me, please, I'll send you the money...

Is that right or a typo? They had a greatest hits collection that only spanned 4 years? How useless :lol: I guess you meant 1985?
It only covers a 4 year period, there was a 2nd one released in the early 80s. You've got to remember that during that period, there was only records & 8-tracks which didn't hold much material. The "1971-1975" compilation was released without the Eagles knowledge by their record label, because they took too long to record as they were perfectionists, lol. Back in the 70s, acts released an album every year and they were way past that. The group was very upset about the album, until it started selling, lol.

Last edited:
is there anywhere we can buy it online?

thanks

now available in eBay

Time is an American newspaper. There is a Time Europe that covers the Middle East, Latin America, and Africa. Time Asia is for Hong Kong. So I guess you can only get it in the US and Canada.

Time Asia not only for Hong Kong, you can buy time in these country >
Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia,
Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar,
Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.

I bought 2 of Time today together with Newsweek July6/July 13> the meaning of Michael (Young Michael on the cover) :)

Got mine yesterday...time and newsweek (with young mj on the cover)....

It only covers a 4 year period, there was a 2nd one released in the early 80s. You've got to remember that during that period, there was only records & 8-tracks which didn't hold much material. The "1971-1975" compilation was released without the Eagles knowledge by their record label, because they took too long to record as they were perfectionists, lol. Back in the 70s, acts released an album every year and they were way past that. The group was very upset about the album, until it started selling, lol.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

My house phone isn't working and I have no credit on my mobile, so I can't phone the damn store to reserve a copy. Guess I'm gonna have to head into the city tomorrow and try and find this magazine. :/ I'll be pissed if it's not in stock yet, 'cause I'll have to pay to catch the bus multiple times to find it and I'm broke enough as it is. :lol:

hunting one down here. got "hello" magazine yesterday, a very nice tribute.

I instructed my mom to go check for it today as the store i checked yesterday didn't have it yet and said it might be there today. And i was so glad when my mom called she got it this morning:D I will keep it safe unfortunately there is allready a lil strain on some article.. Geez why can't other people be carefull when they read a mag they don't gonna buy anyway.

Back