Who do you prefer: Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears?

I'm a fan of both, but Christina is my favorite. She's such an amazing singer (not that Britney is bad, but she's an average singer), and I connect better with her songs. I'm not really a fan of the first two Britney albums, but I love everything that Christina has put out.

How about you?

Well considering Christina actually can sing, I'd have to go with her. She should be bigger then Britney. I like Britney as a person but she's sorely lacking in the talent department.

Well considering Christina actually can sing, I'd have to go with her. She should be bigger then Britney. I like Britney as a person but she's sorely lacking in the talent department.

I think Britney can sing. I've heard demos and outtakes where it's just her singing (with no studio trickery, just her and a piano), and she sounds good. Not great like Christina, but it's hard to measure up to that voice that Christina has. Kind of like Prince and Michael Jackson; both are talented, but Prince is an average singer, while Michael has the voice.

Well you'll just have to excuse me, I'm an elitist when it comes to these types of things. I hate all of the Ameican Idols, for example, because none of them have a voice good enough to be paid to hear it, in my view.

I've never listened to a lot of Christina, but she has a great voice. But I'm definitely a Britney guy. She's awesome.

Christina by a miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile !

Britney may be successful , even more than Christina, but Christina is going to be what Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner and Whitney Houston are today. She is huge already, her voice is out of this world... :)

Well you'll just have to excuse me, I'm an elitist when it comes to these types of things. I hate all of the Ameican Idols, for example, because none of them have a voice good enough to be paid to hear it, in my view.

Sorry, come again? What's Michael if he isn't an american idol? ;) (a worldwide idol, for that matter!)

I'm a fan of both, but Christina is my favorite. She's such an amazing singer (not that Britney is bad, but she's an average singer), and I connect better with her songs. I'm not really a fan of the first two Britney albums, but I love everything that Christina has put out.

How about you?

Not a huge fan of either but Christina; her voice is better in my opinion, and I find more of her songs catchier. I'm a big fan of 'beautiful'! . . . By the way, nice signature w/ the head-shot of Bowie!

I think Britney can sing. I've heard demos and outtakes where it's just her singing (with no studio trickery, just her and a piano), and she sounds good. Not great like Christina, but it's hard to measure up to that voice that Christina has. Kind of like Prince and Michael Jackson; both are talented, but Prince is an average singer, while Michael has the voice.

lol..that's the first time i've ever heard prince's voice described as average..lol

oh..sry..wrong thread. lol

Christina. I love Britney, especially back in the day- her songs were so catchy and fun etc. but Christina is far better in my opinion. the Stripped album is one of my favourite albums of all time. Every song on there is amazing.

lol..that's the first time i've ever heard prince's voice described as average..lol

oh..sry..wrong thread. lol

Well, average compared to Michael Jackson. He still has a great voice, though.

I was just making the comparison because I think Michael and Christina are on the same level vocally, and Britney and Prince are on the same level vocally. I know not everyone likes Britney's voice, but I do; I just don't think it compares to Christina's.

Christina is obviously a much better singer and I dig a lot of her music, but overall I like Britney more.

Well, average compared to Michael Jackson. He still has a great voice, though.

I was just making the comparison because I think Michael and Christina are on the same level vocally, and Britney and Prince are on the same level vocally. I know not everyone likes Britney's voice, but I do; I just don't think it compares to Christina's.

AGREED.. yeah i think Christina and MJ are on the same level vocally.

I prefer Christina over britney. I LOVE Christina's voice, she is a good singer. Ive been a fan of hers for a very long time!! she is great.

Christina has far more talent imo although Britney's songs are often catchier. I'll still go with the talent (Christina) though. I have absolutely nothing against Britney personally and I often enjoy her fun pop songs, but I think the talent she has doesn't warrant the attention she gets - not by a long shot.

Christina by a mile, as she's far more talented. Don't get me wrong, I like some of Britney's stuff but it's mostly cuz it's pretty catchy, while Christina's music is simply brilliant for the most part.

Talent = Christina.

Entertainer, catchier music, the one with the "wow" factor = Britney.

So i prefer Britney.

We're talking about Apple and Orange in here.

But since you have asked.

I prefer Britney.

I admit Christina has the vocal power but it's empty. I can't get her feeling. Sorry to say but her vocal is soulless. I tried really hard to get into 'Beautiful' but failed.

For me, Christina is trying too hard to show off her vocal ability by adding too much growls with high pitch here and there. Too much that it becomes a distraction in her delivery to send the message inside her song.

There is only one song that I can really 'feel' from Christina. A song called So Emotional. It contains perfect amount of vocal without overly done. Yes, I have Christina's debut album. So Emotional is one of my all time favorite songs to listen to.

As for Britney, no she is not in the same league as Christina when it comes to vocal department. When she sings, she can be a hit or a miss.

A hit when she actually uses her own natural voice. A miss when she adds that boyband/girlband/bubblegum twang (like a spring being disconnected from something) and overly done robotic vocal.

Britney is capable of bleeding my ears. But she also can deliver a soulful voice when she actually sing. Ergo, Born to Make You Happy and particularly Everytime are both inside my Ipod. Everytime is one of my favorite songs to listen to while resting on my bed in complete darkness.

Sometimes you don't need a power house to be soulful and to deliver a soulful song. You just need to be truly sincere in delivering it.

Each to their own.

Last edited:
AGREED.. yeah i think Christina and MJ are on the same level vocally.

I prefer Christina over britney. I LOVE Christina's voice, she is a good singer. Ive been a fan of hers for a very long time!! she is great.

It's good to see fans saying stuff like this, because it shows me that you have an understanding of how good a vocalist Michael is. A lot of people wouldn't even think of Michael on the same level, vocally, as Christina because he doesn't sing in this huge, powerhouse style, or belt, and he doesn't go all fancy with his delivery, but keeps it simple. A lot of people are under the wrong impression that good singers incorporate nine million syllibals in to one words and sing loud, and that's total BS. Power is one factor in determining a good voice, and Michael has it, he just doesn't sing in that style, and he could show off his control by doing crazy, over the top riffs with all these vocal acrobatics, he just knows better then to clutter a song that way, and there are more important factors such as quality, range, control, and timing, which are underappreciated to an incredible extent, but which Michael has in spades.

Back