Whitney Vs Michael: Who Will Have More Successful Comeback?

For now I too think that Whitney has a better chance to be a bigger comeback. 'Cause with MIchael you never know. I know it's negative, but it's common sense. I love Michael and I hope he makes the biggest comeback in music history, but Whitney is more reliable right now. However, if Mike DOES the o2 concerts (and not for 15 minutes;)), it will definately be the biggest comeback for at least the last 10 years and no Whitneys have a fighting chance.

I love me some Whitney and I wish her all the best and hope her new album does well. I really think Michael will have a much bigger comeback because he has all the buzz around him and the fact that he was able to sell out 50 concerts at just one venue shows that there is an extremely high demand and anticipation for him.

Just came across this earlier today, thought i would post it and possibly get your thoughts on Whitney VS Michael..

ay this show is a joke..its the worst tabloid show ever. but either way i hope for both.

Everyone expects Whitney to release a huge ballad, Michael to have a club banger. Everyone expects Michael to create new and exciting dance moves, Whitney to realease a huge ballad. Everyone expects Michael to move heaven and earth (or totaly fail), Whitney to release a huge ballad. Everyone expects Michael to not top Thriller, Whitney to release a good ballad.

:lol:

Can someone tell my where that footage of michael is from that they are showing the one with really long hair and cute suit and tie??

cheers

:)

Can someone tell my where that footage of michael is from that they are showing the one with really long hair and cute suit and tie??

cheers

:)

I think its from a B-day for somebody maybe larry king,but am not sure. and that style was during James brown funeral also....

that john levy is an idiot!! he makes a rumor to be fact!! i hate this guy..who does he thinks MJ is?? an ordinary superstar...lol

and about that 15 - 20 minutes...looool Omg who would believe that crap!!! fans should not.

Originally Posted by Laura_MJX

cheers

It's from James Brown funeral. Here is a little longer footage.

In order for MJ to have a complete comeback, he should release a new album like Whitney is doing. I mean the concerts are great but, they are not accessible. A new album is what MJ needs to make happen.

i want them both to have huge combacks!...Michael takes the edge though if his tour goes to plan :)

I can’t understand why they compared a man to a woman from the way they both look! One is 45 and the other is 50, we’ll see her when she turns 50. I also sense that most comments favoring MJ so Michael wins hands down and he didn’t even announce a new album!

I can't believe they called him "King of Pop" not "former King of Pop"....heh.. makes me happy

I thought it was a good report over all. And I also hope that Whitney does come back. I've always liked her music. I hope she does great! I actually think this would be a perfect time for them both to do a duet if they wanted to... I think it would be nice! :) Thank you for posting. I didn't even know about the divorce of bobby brown lol I'm glad for whitney.

:doh:Again idiots comparing Mike to others..He is totally uncomparable no matter how great other artists are..When Mike is doing something for others it's like a free time cuz no matter wat they do its nothing in front of MJ.Whitney is great artist but comparing her to MJ is stupid:doh:..:no:No good at all

I'm sorry, I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

i agree, u can oly compare her in one catagory, Just vocally,............ But to comepare success, Michael vs whitney, u just can do that, thats silly.

i agree, u can oly compare her in one catagory, Just vocally,............ But to comepare success, Michael vs whitney, u just can do that, thats silly.

How is that silly? Whitney's sales have been nothing short of phenomenal for the most part. She is one of the biggest selling female artists ever. Her debut album is or was for a time at least the biggest selling debut album by a female artist ever. I don't even have to say anything about "The Bodyguard". That album and her remake of "I Will Always Love You" was a gigantic success and is the biggest selling soundtrack ever. Michael has had more successs, but the Whitney comparison is not silly. They both had great success in the 80's and beyond & are considered icons. Whitney is also one of the few black stars besides Michael who has really and truly crossed over and has had major worldwide success. I definitely see the connection. Also both are coming from hardships and tarnish public image. Whitney's image is not as damaged as much as Michael's, but they have a lot in common. It's a fair comparison.

Hopefully MJ will have the greatest comeback EVER.

Do you honestly expect us to say whitney! I mean really!:doh:

(no offense but offense)

I love Whitney and I sincerely hope she comes back stronger than ever. But, with that said, my vote goes for Michael, you know why? 'cause too many damn people are just praying that he falls flat right on his face so that they can gloat some more! and I want the one and only King of Pop to show all the naysayers once and for all that his talent and artistry is damn joke!

For now i'll say whitney, because she has PROOF A NEW ALBUM IS COMING OUT. As far as the concerts go that's good in all but we can't be sure he'll make it through them all.

I love Whitney and I sincerely hope she comes back stronger than ever. But, with that said, my vote goes for Michael, you know why? 'cause too many damn people are just praying that he falls flat right on his face so that they can gloat some more! and I want the one and only King of Pop to show all the naysayers once and for all that his talent and artistry is damn joke!

i soooooo agree with you.

and i'm getting sooooo tired from the negativity.

I've always thought it would be great it Whitney and Michael did a duet together. I really think they could do a killer track with the two of them together.

That clip was so pathetic those people clearly have something against michael and since aj hammer or rather on that show in general do nothing but slander him and put him down and joe levy who has no business speaking his name and then that woman making a backhanded compliment calling him the KOP and master of moonwalk and then calling him "freakshow extraordinaire".

I hope they're both a success. I love both Whitney & Michael, but you can't really compare. Whitney is to release an album, & michael is doing a tour. I mean, you can't really compete with album sales to a concerts audience :)

In order for MJ to have a complete comeback, he should release a new album like Whitney is doing. I mean the concerts are great but, they are not accessible. A new album is what MJ needs to make happen.
I agree. A new album is what people want more than just seeing him in concert for now. And it's a concert that won't be seen by a lot of his fans through out the world. Maybe that will change later.

Back