Which Stevie Wonder classic would MJ do justice to?

Props BOGANI for this thread! And thanks DuranDuran for the bump.

Hell, I would love to hear all the songs mentioned previously covered by our man.

I'd choose...

All Day Sucker
Moon Blue
Spiritual Walker
Too Shy To Say
Jesus Children of America

i'd love to hear MJ do 'Lately' and 'Overjoyed'
soooo agree i love those two songs. also for once im my life id like to hear as that is a favourite of mine

i can hear michael singing 'Lately' omgosh, that song is really beautiful, but sad at the same time.

stevie is a genius. musical legend.

Any of em'. I'd love to hear Michael's voice on any Stevie song.
I don't picture Mike (or anyone else) singing something like "I Wanna Talk To You" or "Venus Flytrap & The Bug", lol. Or the 'Eivets Rednow' & 'Jazz Soul Of Little Stevie' albums, since they're all instumental songs. :p

Gotta Have You
Maybe Your Baby (the "hee-hee-hee's" are perfect for him)

I'd love to hear him cover just about any of the well-known material.

But my first choice would definetly be They Won't Go When I Go. Then Lately. Or maybe That Girl.

Last edited:
All the ones I was gonna say have been listed LOL.

If anyone is still interested to here Michael sing "Superstion" from the J5 1973 Japan concert, here it is:

Michael's voice is very rich here in it's state of change. I LOVE it. I also agree with those who said they could imagine MJ singing "Do I Do". Just imagine young 20 year old Michael doin his thang to that joint right there!

I don't picture Mike (or anyone else) singing something like "I Wanna Talk To You" or "Venus Flytrap & The Bug", lol. Or the 'Eivets Rednow' & 'Jazz Soul Of Little Stevie' albums, since they're all instumental songs. :p

Argumentative as usual I see, haha.

Props BOGANI for this thread!
Ey you gotta spell my name right (real name,no gimicks) Anyway thanx much, If there waz no Michael Jackson Stevie would be my number 1 artists of all time. Well I still go with "All I do (Is think about you)" Michael would murder that track. Stevies melodies always remind me of MJ for some reason. While listening to Stevie tracks like "I wish" or "Do I do" I always sing along with my mj voice accompanied with those inaudbale mutterings. Imagine MJ singing the those ad-libs on "Do I do" "Do you want some candy/ do you want some honey suckle!"

As for Stevie singing MJ songs i've always thought that Stevie would do a great job on the song Cheater.

Ey you gotta spell my name right (real name,no gimicks) Anyway thanx much, If there waz no Michael Jackson Stevie would be my number 1 artists of all time. Well I still go with "All I do (Is think about you)" Michael would murder that track. Stevies melodies always remind me of MJ for some reason. While listening to Stevie tracks like "I wish" or "Do I do" I always sing along with my mj voice accompanied with those inaudbale mutterings. Imagine MJ singing the those ad-libs on "Do I do" "Do you want some candy/ do you want some honey suckle!"
Oops my bad. BONGANI. I think I can remember your name more easily from now on. "Do I Do" is a good pick. Both have this terrific sense of rhythm and songs like "Do I Do" needs that quality to do justice.

"I Was Made To Love Her"

Michael actually sang that song too when he was a kid :)
I love that song, both Stevie's and Michael's version :)
>> Michael's version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogyPEGugDP8&feature=PlayList&p=9BB31284C060F457&index=5
Michael also did 'I don't know why'
>>Michael: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogyPEGugDP8&feature=PlayList&p=9BB31284C060F457&index=5
>> Stevie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogyPEGugDP8&feature=PlayList&p=9BB31284C060F457&index=5

and he did some others too, when he was little.
But I'd still like to hear him sing some songs NOW LOL. I really like These three words, overjoyed and as :yes:

Besides "Maybe Your Baby":

"Keep On Running"
"Don't Worry 'Bout a Thang"
"Jesus Children of America"
"Bird of Beauty"
"Too Shy to Say"
"They Won't Go When I Go"
"All Day Sucka"
"I Ain't Gonna Stand for It"
"Rocket Love"
"Did I Hear You Say You Love Me"
"Do I Do"
"You Will Know"

...basically mostly the ones that are "not as known", lol.

"I Ain't Gonna Stand for It"
Eric Clapton beat Mike to it. :p Charlie & Ronnie Wilson from the Gap Band sing the backgrounds on Stevie's version. I think 'Ordinary Pain' would be interesting with maybe Jill Scott or Erykah Badu doing the "tell off" at the end, lol.

Eric Clapton beat Mike to it. :p Charlie & Ronnie Wilson from the Gap Band sing the backgrounds on Stevie's version. I think 'Ordinary Pain' would be interesting with maybe Jill Scott or Erykah Badu doing the "tell off" at the end, lol.

LOL! That would be interesting but I wanna see him attack "Summer Soft" or "Village Ghetto Land". ^_^

Michael already did " I was made to Love her"

I would actually like to hear him sing Lately. He would just kill it!

and remember Sho be do be do dah dae from BEN. That was an original stevie song.

and remember Sho be do be do dah dae from BEN. That was an original stevie song.
That doesn't really count, because Berry Gordy always had many of his 1960s-early 70s acts record the same songs or popular songs from other labels.

You And I, but with the O'Bryan arrangement.
Crying Through The Night
Lighting Up The Candles

I Blame It on the Sun
I Believe When I Fall in Love (It Will Be Forever)
You've Got It Bad, Girl
Feeding Off the Love of the Land
Love's Light in Flight

Back