which era did u become a fan ?

when did u become a fan ?

• Total voters
During the late 90s.
I became entranced after the Moonwalker vid and intrigued ( albeit terrified ) after running out of the room whilst watching Ghosts.

1987 or 1988.

That's the first time I have heard the album "Bad". It was left in my father's car by the son of his friend and my father played it in the car. I got immediately hooked. It was nothing like I have ever heard before: it was an album that was interesting and exciting from start to end. So I immediately asked my dad to ask for a copy (sorry, I know copyright and stuff, but oh well).

When Don't Stop Til You Get Enough came out! 1979! =)

I was too young to remember the actual age, but Dangerous came out in '91... and so did I? Haha.. Corny.
But my mom has always been a fan, so I was probably listening to him in her womb! =P

around bad era, I was about 8 years old.
I remember begging my mum to buy me the Michael Jackson bad tape.. I would listen to him every night as a child :)

around bad era, I was about 8 years old.
I remember begging my mum to buy me the Michael Jackson bad tape.. I would listen to him every night as a child :)

Me too. I was 10. My dad had Off The Wall and Thriller on record and bought the E.T record for me but I bought Bad on tape with my own money. It was my first MJ purchase and that's when I got hooked.

1983 when I walked up to the TV screen when MJ was performing:yes: or at least that's what my family told me.

To me he has just always been there..I don't remember not knowing him..lol.:wub:

I became a MJ fan in April 1992. I remember I went to Euro Disney, in France, and they were showing Captain EO. I didn't want to go, because what I really wanted was to take a ride at the caroussel and stuff like that. I was 9. My father insisted to go to see MJ' movie, and so we went to see it. It was love at first sight. It really was. :)

2002 the day I realised me being ignorant was getting me no where. I watched Motown 25 and fell in love with him.

Being ignorant for 11 years of your life is not something to be proud of lol.

Michael is just amazing! wonderful human being and just everything I strive to be xxx

In 2001 i think. I mean a little before the remastered version of his albums were released. I took advantage of this opportunity and bought off the wall, bad, dangerous, the 2 cds history album and the album called history in the mix. Not long after that i also bought the single "you rock my world" and the album "Invincible" when it came out. I dunno if i liked him or was a fan before 2001.

Last edited:
In 1993 when I happened to see a video of the Dangerous concert. He was my first love.

in the 90's i think, i was 4 or 5 years old and madly in love with him, i saw his concert on tv and begged my parents to get me a michael poster which i tresured for long long times:D til it got lost:(

We really need to make a new poll with more options, like in between bad and dangerous, and after his death...

HIStory era... I saw the video for Earth Song when I was a youngin and I was fascinated lol

memories :weeping:

My era is not listed in the poll above, so I'll write it here.

I was 5 yrs old in 1976 and we were having a family get-together then my older cousin put on a Jackson 5/Jacksons set of songs, and I will never forget the feeling I got when I heard Michael sing, Dancing Machine/Enjoy Yourself/Body Language -

I instantly became a fan since then.

I became a fan in 2001 (when he was photographed just before the MSG concert with Liz and with his fly unzipped)

Back