Whats next for Michael in 2009?

- Off The Wall (30 Year Anniversary Edition with unreleased bonus tracks)
- A new single or two
- Hopefully a new album by the end of the year
- Maybe a world tour?

He should at least do the first two; I wouldn't care so much if the new album came out in 2010, if he released some new or unreleased tracks to the public.

- Off The Wall (30 Year Anniversary Edition with unreleased bonus tracks)
- A new single or two
- Hopefully a new album by the end of the year
- Maybe a world tour?

He should at least do the first two; I wouldn't care so much if the new album came out in 2010, if he released some new or unreleased tracks to the public.

don't get your hopes up I thought for sure something was going to happen this year (besides T25), and it never did .

I think most of us literally were 100% certain that Michael was going to release an album each year since 2006 lol. I've been through it all and its hilariously sad :D:(! So who knows what 2009 has in store..I mean 08 definitely looked like it was going to an end with new material. I also hope that Michael balances his lack of work for the past 7 years by giving us atleast one more album before the turn of the decade, only having Invincible in 2001 for this decade of the 00's doesn't really look nice next to his accomplishments of the late 70s, 80s, and 90s. It would indeed be a huge gap that wouldn't be overlooked the way the gaps are between..thriller and bad..5 years..or his various other albums 4 years. I think 8 years would be more than enough of a gap considering the trial. If more than that, it would really leave a mark in his career and any album after that would look like a comeback (which i dont like) rather than the next album after Invincible. So I hope 2009, we'll go from "Where is he...to...there he is again!"

I think most of us literally were 100% certain that Michael was going to release an album each year since 2006 lol.

i wouldnt say most

I think most of us literally were 100% certain that Michael was going to release an album each year since 2006 lol. I've been through it all and its hilariously sad :D:(! So who knows what 2009 has in store..I mean 08 definitely looked like it was going to an end with new material. I also hope that Michael balances his lack of work for the past 7 years by giving us atleast one more album before the turn of the decade, only having Invincible in 2001 for this decade of the 00's doesn't really look nice next to his accomplishments of the late 70s, 80s, and 90s. It would indeed be a huge gap that wouldn't be overlooked the way the gaps are between..thriller and bad..5 years..or his various other albums 4 years. I think 8 years would be more than enough of a gap considering the trial. If more than that, it would really leave a mark in his career and any album after that would look like a comeback (which i dont like) rather than the next album after Invincible. So I hope 2009, we'll go from "Where is he...to...there he is again!"

Well, it took Invincible 3 extra years to record before it was finally released. By that standard, we should be getting a new album around next year if Michael started working on the new album in late 2005.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, though. When it happens, it happens; only Michael knows when he's finished and ready to release it.

Well, it took Invincible 3 extra years to record before it was finally released. By that standard, we should be getting a new album around next year if Michael started working on the new album in late 2005.

I'm not getting my hopes up for anything, though. When it happens, it happens; only Michael knows when he's finished and ready to release it.

But I mean, his last album before that, BOTDF, as well as his History tour ended in 1997, and Invincible came out in 2001, four years later, which is no different from the gap bettween bad and dangerous, or dangerous and history. I mean was it really expected to be released in like 1998 or 1999?? What worries me the most is that before, Michael always had a timeline, he was under pressure by either the producer, quincy, or sony, or whatever, to meet a cetain deadline. Now he practically has no time line and he's free to do whatever he wants, considering MJ the perfectionist, it wout seem that he would keep working on it until he feels it's alright..which may take forever, and he would stll never reach that point, as he mentioned a couple of times interviews, he never completely finishes an album, the release date just approaches andn that's when he has to release it...

But I mean, his last album before that, BOTDF, as well as his History tour ended in 1997, and Invincible came out in 2001, four years later, which is no different from the gap bettween bad and dangerous, or dangerous and history. I mean was it really expected to be released in like 1998 or 1999?? What worries me the most is that before, Michael always had a timeline, he was under pressure by either the producer, quincy, or sony, or whatever, to meet a cetain deadline. Now he practically has no time line and he's free to do whatever he wants, considering MJ the perfectionist, it wout seem that he would keep working on it until he feels it's alright..which may take forever, and he would stll never reach that point, as he mentioned a couple of times interviews, he never completely finishes an album, the release date just approaches andn that's when he has to release it...

0_0 scaaary thought...when he finally lets go of it itll probably bug him..b/c things are still bothering him(as im sure it was with every album..)

i never thought of that...haha. forget 09. it may take him 10 more years...:ermm: then again...i still hope this tak of a tour is true..:pray:

Interesting thought. I never thought of that, I hope it isn't true and that Michael is able to release things on his own terms. On the other hand, none of us really know what's going on behind the scenes; maybe he has some sort of advisor who's dealing with all this, and we just don't know about him/her?

It's sort of a Guns 'N Roses element, and that's what's scary. It took Axl 14 years to put out a new album because he felt it wasn't right. I don't want to wait for 14 years for the followup to Invincible (plus, Michael will be 60 then, and probably won't feel like touring it.)

Interesting thought. I never thought of that, I hope it isn't true and that Michael is able to release things on his own terms. On the other hand, none of us really know what's going on behind the scenes; maybe he has some sort of advisor who's dealing with all this, and we just don't know about him/her?

It's sort of a Guns 'N Roses element, and that's what's scary. It took Axl 14 years to put out a new album because he felt it wasn't right. I don't want to wait for 14 years for the followup to Invincible (plus, Michael will be 60 then, and probably won't feel like touring it.)

I hope so too. He may indeed have some kind of musical entourage around him that we just don't know about, hopefuly!!

we want him to come back finally with brand new music and tour.if he is not doing it in 2009 i dont think he will ever do it..

Hmm, I want to knoe so bad what hes goin to do, I doubt that his album will out in 09, but I hope will be doin something to entertain us...I heard that hes goin to be performinng somewhere, I forgot, anyways...So what's next 4 mj?

I see nothing. We've been asking this question and fooling ourselfs for three years about Michael's "big comeback."

If it happens,fine. If it doesn't, I can always play my Ray Coniff albums. his career is more alive than Michael's.

I just hope that he will follow his heart as always, exciting new projects has he promised us as well. I hope he will live out his dreams, and show the world that he is still kicking ass!

I would love if he finally did his new album done so he could release it, and if he went on tour, it would be fantastic.

I think he has to release something new next year, don't kill me for saying this :lol: , but in this industry you have to deliver, otherwise you'll be forgotten, not that MJ ever will, BUT it would be nice to get focus back where it belongs --> ON THE MUSIC !!

He has to release something, a single that becomes a smash hit for an example, otherwise his personal life will be the only thing the press and puplic will talk about, and that's not what I want. I want people to talk about the great music whenever they think about MJ, not which PJ he wore last time he was spottet! :lol:

I hope very very much that he releases at least 1 single next year! A brand new album seems like a dream that wont be fullfilled in 2009, unfortunately!

I think he has to release something new next year, don't kill me for saying this :lol: , but in this industry you have to deliver, otherwise you'll be forgotten, not that MJ ever will, BUT it would be nice to get focus back where it belongs --> ON THE MUSIC !!

He has to release something, a single that becomes a smash hit for an example, otherwise his personal life will be the only thing the press and puplic will talk about, and that's not what I want. I want people to talk about the great music whenever they think about MJ, not which PJ he wore last time he was spottet! :lol:

eeeexactly! ^_^

Back