Hot topic What unreleased demos and remixes do you think will be on Thriller 40 Disc 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy with the inclusion of Starlight. I have only heard the leaked version once and it was extremely low quality. I am excited to hear a better quality version of Starlight.

Since we won’t be getting both nite line and hot street anymore I’d rather see the demos of the girls is mine and baby be mine included at this point. Both are excellent demos in their own right and sound different enough than the album versions.

This means nite line and hot street can be used for thriller 50 or even better a final “new” album.

I hope one day a complete package with literally all the demos, extended versions and leftover tracks of thriller will be released. The definitive edition!

The Toy is the demo for Best of Joy. Basically the same song.
… with different production and a vocal that was recorded 27 years earlier. Same song? Sure. But that’s like saying, “The demo of ‘Billie Jean’ doesn’t count as a new track on Thriller (Special Edition) because we’ve heard another version.”

Interesting that you’ve lashed out when people criticize your negative opinions towards the project, yet you won’t allow anybody to be excited for it.

… with different production and a vocal that was recorded 27 years earlier. Same song? Sure. But that’s like saying, “The demo of ‘Billie Jean’ doesn’t count as a new track on Thriller (Special Edition) because we’ve heard another version.”
There is also 2008 version with 3rd verse we never heard

Interesting that you’ve lashed out when people criticize your negative opinions towards the project, yet you won’t allow anybody to be excited for it.
I definitely consider The Toy and Best Of Joy as separate things.

Hopefully one more unheard demo will be released. Starlight not one of my favorite but many have not heard it yet (cheesy song) thankfully it turned into something much better.

Just received via email a Halloween playlist from the Mj.com site. Good idea. Terrible execution (horrible selection of songs)

Just received via email a Halloween playlist from the Mj.com site. Good idea. Terrible execution (horrible selection of songs)
I got that also. It seems like the Scream album is forgotten about and they promote the same theme of the album as a Halloween playlist.

If that leaked tracklist is indeed true, and we get a new song with Spice of Life then, well, maybe as a hardcore fan this may not be so bad.

Yea they may not include Hot Street or Nightline, maybe saving it for a new album…who knows, but if Michael recorded full vocals for Spice of Life we may be in for a treat. I just heard the one by The Manhattan Transfer and it is pretty cool and I could hear Michael singing it in my head. I guess I’m adding the other two to this to make it 12 tracks on iTunes.

Yeah spice of life would be an awesome and unexpected surprise. It’s is not a super track but it is good nonetheless. It has the sound I love so much. But the experts here think there are no vocals of Michael and I choose to believe them.

Why Starlight, instead of Hot Street and Niteline.. well, we knew it before. but it just does not fit into the concept of outtakes.

Anyway nice extra release, i like CD2 so far. next CGOTR :D

If can’t get outta the rain is next to be revealed, then next week is gonna be a let down. That said, what could they reveal last to make everyone happy?

What is the one that gets us all excited?
Usually you save the best to last, right

Last edited:
If can’t get outta the rain is next to be revealed, then next week is gonna be a let down. That said, what could they reveal last to make everyone happy?

What is the one that gets us all excited?
Usually you save the best to last, right
Usually you also release halloween albums and videos before Halloween, not weeks after :)

Why Starlight, instead of Hot Street and Niteline.. well, we knew it before. but it just does not fit into the concept of outtakes.

Anyway nice extra release, i like CD2 so far. next CGOTR :D
Because it's the demo to the title track............🤦🏿‍♂️

I have never heard Spice of Life - that would be a great song/demo to get.
can someone link me actual proof to Spice of Life being recorded by mj??? im under the impression Rod took the instrumental to Baby be mine, spiced it up (no pun intended) and released it in 1984 with the mannhattan transfer.

I have never heard Spice of Life - that would be a great song/demo to get.
Listen to the Manhattan Transfer version. It's pretty similar to Baby Be Mine and you can really imagine MJ singing it.

Also, not sure if anyone has pointed this out before, but the chorus really reminds me of 'Treasure' by Bruno Mars.

It is not any different than how smooth criminal and Al Capone sound the same. You couldn't have both those tracks on bad for that reason. If spice of life was recorded they probably concluded it sounded too similar to Baby be mine. But it is a different song that is very clear, it only sampled baby be mine a bit.

The more I get into Thriller the more I want to know about the 700/800 songs they went through to make Thriller. I think it would be logical that there are a couple of tracks left from this era that have MJ vocals. You don't go through hundreds of songs without trying some of them out.
I base this on the very complete sounding demos of the girls is mine, PYT, human nature and baby be mine. I'm sure other tracks got that far into the process to get an already very good treatment of MJ and Q. Those demos right there are imo almost as good as the stuff that ended up on the album lol.

BTW has there ever leaked a demo of the lady in my life? It seems to be the only one missing in my head

Last edited:
"Nite Line" or "Hot Street"? I wonder which of the two songs is the stronger one. What would you pick?
"Hot Street" reminds me of Donna Summer. It's less R&B than "Nite Line" but it has great Pop hit potential.
(The Pointer Sisters didn't exactly do the song "Nite Line" justice when they recorded their version IMHO.)

Last edited:
Do you think there is a Somebody's Watching Me version, with only the voice Michael???

Do you think there is a Somebody's Watching Me version, with only the voice Michael???
Michael Jackson did not record a solo version of it.

Rockwell spoke about that, and this is clear from his words.

"I performed it [in Michael Jackson's home] about eight or nine times ... Afterwards, Michael pulled me to the side and says, '[Rockwell], I gotta talk to you for a second. Who are you going to get to sing background vocals?' ... I said, 'Why don't you do it?'" (Rockwell)

So, Rockwell performed the song in front of Michael Jackson hoping that he would like it so as to vocally contribute to it.

Michael Jackson liked it and he later decided to sing parts of it as a guest vocalist.

"Nite Line" or "Hot Street"? I wonder which of the two songs is the stronger one. What would you pick?
"Hot Street" reminds me of Donna Summer. It's less R&B than "Nite Line" but it has great Pop hit potential.
(The Pointer Sisters didn't exactly do the song "Nite Line" justice when they recorded their version IMHO.)

Well Quincy and Rod both worked on Donna Summer's album right before Thriller, so good thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back