What Song Do You Think Highlilights Best Michael's Voice?

HOnestly it's Slave to the Rythym for me. I've had the song for over a year now. that is by far the best singing/screaming I've ever heard.

Well, i think the most powerful song is Dirty Diana...
But you could make them listen to Heaven Can Wait, Human Nature live, Earth Song, many others...
Or, you know, you could get a new friend who do understand about music... haha.

I'm going to say 'My Lovely One'.

That song is just incredible. The ad-libs late in that track blow my mind. Michael sounds like he's going to take off throughout the song. He has such energy and force to his voice.

If I were to throw pearls before swine (which I do once, after that I'll save myself the heartbreak) - I'd probably try "We've Had Enough".

Incredible song- magnificent melody, intense delivery- mature artist who knows how to get across what he's trying to say.
I actually appreciate the tempo of that song- my inner speed demon wants to go fasterfasterfaster because the melody builds so beautifully- but he know how to keep it steady enough to make an impact.

If I were to throw pearls before swine (which I do once, after that I'll save myself the heartbreak) - I'd probably try "We've Had Enough".

Incredible song- magnificent melody, intense delivery- mature artist who knows how to get across what he's trying to say.
I actually appreciate the tempo of that song- my inner speed demon wants to go fasterfasterfaster because the melody builds so beautifully- but he know how to keep it steady enough to make an impact.

Great choice. IMO one of the greatest songs he ever made. It is an actual crime that this wasn't included on Invincible. It's a bigger crime that this was merely released on a box-set and was not preserved for his 11th studio album.

Wow, I can't pick one.
Speechless for sure. Cannot deny the beauty, power, and emotion he brings to this song. It's gorgeous. Leaves me speechless every time I listen to it. The acapella at the beginning and end is just amazing and completes the song.

Human Nature - I prefer it live. The recording is beautiful but hearing him sing it live sends chills right through me. Only Michael can sing this song. Him singing it in This Is It was flawless.

Stranger In Moscow - I wish there were words to describe his voice in this song. Once again, very powerful and emotional. I think we kind of hear several different ranges of his voice in this song, we even get his beat-boxing throughout the song. His voice during his ad-libbing bits well.

Man In The Mirror - Gosh, so powerful. Even though he didn't write this song, you can tell he truly means the words he's singing. He really does believe in what the lyrics of this song are saying.

The Lost Children and Will You Be There - I might be the only one who'll say TLC but his voice in these two songs blow me away. He puts a lot into singing these songs. You really get a sense as to how he was really feeling when he was singing them. (I grouped them together because I found his styles in both songs to be a bit similar. I could be wrong though.)

I've got to nominate two songs from Michael's younger days

Two very underrated songs but Michael's vocals are just phenomenal;

-Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day

-When I Come Of Age

:dancin:

The "We are the World" demo. Otherwise I'd really love to hear the full "Groove of Midnight". Such a great vocal performance on the short snippet I heard.

When I want to listen to acapellas strictly to hear vocals I tend to go to.. (Not in a specific order)

Will You Be There
Stranger In Moscow
Give Into Me
Dirty Diana
Butterflies
Another Part Of Me

I like Will You Be There because we hear lower registers, soft vocals, and rough vocals.. a good variety.. I love Michaels rasoyness when he yells out in SIM.. I like lower regissters and agression in GITM.. Dirty Diana the agression, and vocal patterns.. Butterflies shows true control.. Another Part Of Me the 'MJ' styling to the voice is in full effect.

I think you could safely pick any of his songs, his vocals are always amazing, on all his tracks!
Every time I pick a song, I think of another that also has got fantastic vocals, and then another... and another...
You can start with his younger years with songs such as "Who's loving you" or "One Day in Your Life", or even "Ben", "I'll Be There", there are so many that show off his amazing vocals.
Could you imagine anyone singing "Dirty Diana"? Or even songs like "Beat It" or "Bad" where one would think they are not hard to sing? I don't know how anyone can say that MJ couldn't sing. His vocals on all his albums are spot on!

Back