What Song Do You Think Highlilights Best Michael's Voice?

I'd say Human Nature as well. For a non-ballad, I'd go with Rock With You.

Strangely enough: This Is It (yes, the song).

I agree with you! When I first head This Is It I actually thought that Michael sounds brilliant and is the perfect song to showcase his vocals.

I actually think HIStory encompasses everything brilliant about Michael's voice; it's got the harsh, gravelly sound in the verses and then soft and more smooth sound in the bridge and chorus.

I agree with Butterflies and probably Heaven can wait.

But if you want to show someone that never really heard anything properly, I would also show them something from his younger years like Who's Loving You or I Wanna Be Where You Are, live it's better.
And My lovely One from Yokohama, well, the whole concert is good :D
I also love the concert from 1979 in London, Destiny Tour.
and a lot more...

You're so right about his younger years, after all the listenings I've made and I still don't comprehend how he could sing like this Give Me Half A Chance, I Wanna Be Where You Are, What Goes Around Comes Around, Mama's Pearl and a LOT MORE or if you ask me ALL THE SONGS

thrillerchild - I was just coming back here to post that same vid! To me that performance was so simple yet so powerful.

I've always thought Man In The Mirror and Dirty Diana really showcase his vocals. He uses a lot of range in both songs

To me he sounds unbelievable in these two songs...Especially a lot of the ad-libbing...

[YouTube]ELHOOkc2N1w[/YouTube]

Oh My God Arklove, thank you so much! I had never seen this before, this is soooo awesome, he is soooo sexy and incredible, and his voice, wow!!!! I have the Dangerous DVD Bucharest but unfortunately he didn't perform this song in that one. Oh, now I wish we could get a Dangerous concert performing this..... I wow do I miss him

Oh My God Arklove, thank you so much! I had never seen this before, this is soooo awesome, he is soooo sexy and incredible, and his voice, wow!!!! I have the Dangerous DVD Bucharest but unfortunately he didn't perform this song in that one. Oh, now I wish we could get a Dangerous concert performing this..... I wow do I miss him

Just so you know. You can find the links to download the complete Dangerous Tour Rehearsal in 2000 Watts section.

This is pretty damn impressive, too :wild: ;)

[YouTube]TK_rX4MjvA4[/YouTube]

Thanks for the vids on this page ... always good to hear that voice !!

You are not alone, Human Nature, Dirty Diana, Dont Stop Till You Get Enough, Man In The Mirror
His voice is always amazing)))

We are the world demo. That's otherwordly.

Also the small snippet from "Groove of Midnight" - I wish we had a full recording of that song:

http://youtu.be/-FwgMOpnZbA

Last edited:
BTW, I have seen other people (and great singers at that!) sining Michael's songs but none of that ever sounded as good as Michael. It just shows how underrated he is as a vocalist. It's incredible how many things he is not being given proper credit for. (They never give him proper credit for his songwriting either.)

Man In The Mirror
You Are Not Alone
Stranger In Moscow
Earth Song
Give In To Me
Human Nature
Remember The Time
Gone Too Soon
I'll Be There
Rock With You
You Are My Life
She's Out Of My Life
Will You Be There

...just few of them... but these are what I like the most :)

BUTTERFLIES...OH MAN..that little improvisation falsetto bit towards the end! wow, wow wow. also that delicate fragile quiver of she's out of my life and blue gangsta..the line in blue gangsta where he goes " look what you done to me" has so much grit and filth.
album wise i think invincible has the best vocals

Definitely his vocals in Can You Feel It. Absolutely at the top of his game with those notes and delivery. In fact, just all the Triumph album is amazing as far as his vocals go!

I think as a whole the Invincible album shows the extent of the versatility of Michael's voice. You have the AMAZING vocals on Butterflies, with the beautiful falsetto, to the silky smooth vocals on You Are My Life, then there's 2000 Watts, Heartbreaker and Unbreakable, which show his voice in a completely different way. Michael's harmonies are also probably better than any other artist out there, they are mesmerizing!

Oh and The Way You Make Me Feel, I think his vocals on that are often overlooked, they are simply breathtaking!

Last edited:
Earth Song
The Way You Make Me Feel
Beautiful Girl (Demo)
Scared of the Moon
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Pretty Young Thing (Demo)

Dirty Diana. just cause im listening to it right now lol i loooove the vocals in this song but i would probably pick
Who Is It
Human Nature

There must be more to life
For all time
Smile
Blue gangster
Keep the faith

I know people who say he had just a good voice for a pop singer. After listening to one of the above they gained a much better appreciation for his talent.

Strangely enough: This Is It (yes, the song).

Funny for me its the opposite, this is it proves for that group that he cant sing..

I think its a difficult question, and a good one!
For me its earth song, little susie
Or the live version from i just cant stop loving you in This is it rehearsals.. Such a great perfomance

WATW demo and Speechless. Oh, and his performance of Human Nature from TII.

Actually that performance of Human Nature is the end all be all for me. We got a more matured vocal performance, then he went and did something that he's never done to the song and incorporated that growl into it, something you'd hear from the likes of David Ruffin, or an Al Green. But never heard from Michael Jackson, and like the two I just mentioned he did it in his own unique way. Then you got that lovely falsetto. Man, that performance just reeks of awesomeness.

Last edited:
Back