What Song Do You Think Highlilights Best Michael's Voice?

claudiadoina

Proud Member
I was often in a position arguing with people claiming that Michael is a very good dancer but he doesn't sing very well and he doesn't have much of a voice :shock::shock:, I know, I know :mad::ranting:

I tried as much as I could to prove that they are SO WRONG and to choose a song wich after they would have listened they would have changed their minds completely.

The song wich I force them to listen is always SPEECHLESS.

If you MUST choose ONE SONG to prove Michael's vocal and performance artistry wich one it would be?

Sorry for misspelling the title ....

There are so many, but I choose Butterflies...his range and versatility are showcased incredibly in that one...

From 6:29 and on....That's power and emotion right there!

[YouTube]2VsyLeN19a4[/YouTube]

I would properbly play them some ballad like Human Nature, she's out of my life or you are not alone - though i am in favour of song like who is it and give in to me

Human Nature, Will You Be There, Gone Too Soon, We've Had Enough :wub:

and especially

His voice in TII is great.

The This is it HUMAN NATURE was fantastic, much better than the album. Speechless and Butterflies are great for vocal range and emotion as is Will you be there and YANA.
But i do think im terms of raspy vocals Tabloid Junkie, TDCAU, and i think for giggles i think Girlfriend, or Get on the floor

I agree with Human Nature. That song is pure amazingness
But wait, how can people think that he can't sing.... Um hello? If he can sing this as a boy:

Imagine the talent he had as a man

To me he sounds unbelievable in these two songs...Especially a lot of the ad-libbing...

[YouTube]ELHOOkc2N1w[/YouTube]

I agree with Butterflies and probably Heaven can wait.

But if you want to show someone that never really heard anything properly, I would also show them something from his younger years like Who's Loving You or I Wanna Be Where You Are, live it's better.
And My lovely One from Yokohama, well, the whole concert is good :D
I also love the concert from 1979 in London, Destiny Tour.
and a lot more...

Wow that would be hard to just choose one song. I would sample like 8-10 different songs.

If I don't love you this way.
Give me half a chance.
Who's loving you.
Got to be there
PUSH ME AWAY. I'm stuck on that song right now.
Human nature.
The lady in my life.
Fly away.

Let me stop. My list would go on for forever.

I agree with Butterflies and probably Heaven can wait.

But if you want to show someone that never really heard anything properly, I would also show them something from his younger years like Who's Loving You or I Wanna Be Where You Are, live it's better.
And My lovely One from Yokohama, well, the whole concert is good :D
I also love the concert from 1979 in London, Destiny Tour.
and a lot more...

Exactly. You can't play just one song. In the past I've made friends CD's of song or put songs on there iPods and turned them into hardcore fans. That's the kind of power Michael has in his voice.

If I could play one it would have to Scared Of The Moon.

If I could get a bonus it would be One Day In Your Life.

^^i'm about to say the same thing. :boohoo:

what a powerful and beautiful performance.

there are too many songs that showcase michael's beautiful voice. his voice is one of the most beautiful ever heard by humankind. i can't pick just one song.

Got To Be There (In Japan)
Who's Lovin' You (Live)
Push Me Away
You Are Not Alone
The Lady In My Life
I Can't Help It
Butterflies
Earth Song
Rock With You

My favourite songs for vocals/range are (in no particular order) Human Nature, I Can't Help It, Earth Song, WYBT, YANA, Best Of Joy, Whatever Happens, Butterflies, Fall Again demo, Beautiful Girl demo, MITM, One More Chance, Rock With You...I could go on and on you know! Haha!

But if I had to pic out a stand out performance I'd have to choose You Were There:

[YOUTUBE]yPZWuhMIc_o[/YOUTUBE]

IMHO...any live song that moves Sammy Davis Jnr almost to tears deserves a big shout out!

Back