What has happened?

I’m an ”after death” fan, but i like it here. I’ve learned a lot of things about Michael since i joined this community and i think it’s fascinating when here are people who really know about Michael and have been in his concerts. I really hope this community keeps going active for many decades at least. We gotta keep MJ’s legacy alive

Let’s treat each other with respect:)

I’m an ”after death” fan, but i like it here. I’ve learned a lot of things about Michael since i joined this community and i think it’s fascinating when here are people who really know about Michael and have been in his concerts. I really hope this community keeps going active for many decades at least. We gotta keep MJ’s legacy alive

Let’s treat each other with respect:)
AMEN

@michaelsson, there is no need to write your posts in bold.

You are not more important than the other members.

But a new release of an anniversary album is news in an online fan forum whose members/visitors are mostly die-hard fans who care about such releases.
I’ve written my post like this for over 20 years. Long before you got here so get over it. Has nothing to do with importance and more to do with how I choose to communicate and show my personality. Your insecurities are showing. Deal with it.

I’ve written my post like this for over 20 years. Long before you got here so get over it. Has nothing to do with importance and more to do with how I choose to communicate and show my personality. Your insecurities are showing. Deal with it.
Off topic but I have the best memories of seeing your signature as we all got excited for the shows.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.. good times

Off topic but I have the best memories of seeing your signature as we all got excited for the shows.

Thanks for that trip down memory lane.. good times
omg do you remember the hysteria? My god what a time We all had! I refuse to change it. 😭
Aww , no guys, dont go there, I dont know whether to smile with happy memories or cry, cos you know, it was a count down

Same! A while back I went through our archives and read our old posts and threads….i was smiling so hard then I was hit with reality like damn… it’s really all over 😞
A few years ago I found the June 25 page, where one minute everyone was talking concert prep and doing ticket swaps and then next, just , well you know. That was hard seeing the conversation change half way down the page.

What’s going on on this board? It’s so chaotic and extremely disrespectful. A lot of these new members and “fans”…like I can’t even. The amount of disrespect I see on here towards Michael is baffling. Where are the mods? Back in the day none of this would be happening. MJJC has never been one to silence opinions or shy away from criticism but lines have been crossed and no one is saying anything.

The number of random threads? Every single thought or idea or silly question you have doesn’t need to be a thread. This forum has been around for decades. Use the search function. Or the function that allows you to browse our old threads. Literally the information is at your fingertips. We don’t need a thread for everything.

This board is full of trolls and these new age fans running a muck and it has gotten out of hand. Where is Gaz, Soso, Mama Shannon? Somebody!? (Miss y’all)

I come and lurk and try not to post or engage because I know it’s not the same since Michael has left and I know a lot of us have moved on because things just arent the same. But sheesh this just can’t be the new normal. Something has got to give.

i truly miss our community. MJJC, MJNO, MJFC,MJNI, and all the other forums and fan communities back in the day it felt like…home. Now… idk what this has become.
I agree with your sentiment about the abundance of unnecessary threads. However, I personally have not really seen disrespect towards Michael on this forum, and any comments that are usually get removed. Do you have any specific examples?

Thanks to everyone who contributed constructively to this thread. I will addressed a few points raised, but in the end it's a forum for the fans and by the fans. So it's our shared duty to keep the place clean and alive. Reporting inappropriate posts and then waiting for the moderator to take action is the right thing to do. Reacting to inappropriate posts, engaging in further name calling and personal attacks creates even more mess that often is impossible to clean.

Few topics raised -
1. Disrespectful comments towards Michael are absolutely not allowed. Please report and they will be deleted. Though there is a line between disrespectful comment and not agreeing with something Michael did as explained by one of the posts above.

2. Disrespectful comments towards other forum members are also not allowed. Calling other fans moron or other names is not ok. Learn to disagree respectfully, if something makes you too mad to function, disengage.

3. New threads - as already pointed out, there are many new fans here, probably more than pre-2009 fans. Their topics and questions may seem trivial to old time fans, but not to them. It's ok to create new threads. If you think there is a similar thread, you can attach it to new one, report for merging. There should be no bullying of new fans because they don't know something. Both new and old-time fans are important for the forum and I hope we can find a way to co-exist.

Once again, it's a forum for the fans and by the fans. So it's our shared duty to keep the place clean and alive. If you are bothered by trolling or disrespect on the forum, please first look at your own posts and see if you are adding to it. I believe most people here are in good faith, and if we each check ourselves, then the moderator can easily handle the few actually malicious elements.

I am also going to move this thread because posts from News and Discussion part of forum go directly to Facebook.

Last edited:
Back