What has happened?

I’ve got no idea who you are.

But coming to an MJ forum and calling MJ really weird is where I have a problem. And yes that makes you a moron.

We are saying the same thing. The problem comes from the blatant disrespect and personal attacks towards MJ. There’s a way to convey a dislike for MJs work without it being a personal attack.

I thought you were attacking me because I criticized History a lot. To me it's unacceptable to call someone as adorable as Michael "weird." I get triggered when I see this!

But the kind of person you're describing is a moron. There yes, I agree with you.

Ah, so that's the other "lack of respect"...

So, as much as the lack of respect towards Michael Jackson is unacceptable and I am the first to say it, we also have the right to not like an album or a song. This is not disrespectful.

The difference ? Small example:

Lack of respect for Michael Jackson:

- Michael does sh*t.
- Michael's songs are sh*t !
- Michael is ugly, stupid, pathetic and rotten ! (sorry Mike-sensei, it's for the exemple)
- Michael is a moldy p*do who stinks his feet
- Michael sings like a little girl of 2 yo

Respectful notice:

- Michael sings out of tune on this song. He could have applied himself more.
- I don't like her dancing style.
- For me, Michael had no taste in clothes.
- Michael has aged badly I think. He's not ugly, but he looks tired in 1998.
- Michael doesn't play very well in The Wiz.

The difference ? Saying amen to everything Michael does versus gently and kindly qualifying certain points that we appreciate less, whether about him or his career.

On the other hand, people have the right to give their opinion. A moron confuses respect with negative personal opinion. You can give your opinion with respect. The line is crossed from the moment one insults Michael, spits on his work or on his person without reason and with malice (haters = morons). People who don't like Invincible, History, Bad, Off The Wall, Dangerous or Thriller have every right to not like it while not disrespecting Michael.

Ps: If you refer to me in your message because I criticized History, I don't see how I insulted or blasphemed Michael. I have the right to criticize this album, to stupidly not like it just out of complacency.

Ps 2: It's all well and good to talk about respect when you yourself call people "moron". Sweep outside your door before sweeping other people's houses. THANKS.

Sorry for being so bitter, but I can't stand it when people compare certain fans to haters, themselves. The haters really hurt Michael not the fans who criticize. It's like those who spend their time insulting Greg Gorman or Karen Faye. Insult Reed, Robson, Chandler (the father), Sneddon, Sia, Safechuck instead.
….

It appears that you’re definitely one of those pple who are closer to the moron line.

So I just reported you because you disrespect me. It's funny because you are the first to shout that Michael is being disrespected here, blah blah blah. It is the hospital that does not care about charity. As a result, your post loses all credibility.

You are pathetic.

Ah, so that's the other "lack of respect"...

So, as much as the lack of respect towards Michael Jackson is unacceptable and I am the first to say it, we also have the right to not like an album or a song. This is not disrespectful.

The difference ? Small example:

Lack of respect for Michael Jackson:

- Michael does sh*t.
- Michael's songs are sh*t !
- Michael is ugly, stupid, pathetic and rotten ! (sorry Mike-sensei, it's for the exemple)
- Michael is a moldy p*do who stinks his feet
- Michael sings like a little girl of 2 yo

Respectful notice:

- Michael sings out of tune on this song. He could have applied himself more.
- I don't like her dancing style.
- For me, Michael had no taste in clothes.
- Michael has aged badly I think. He's not ugly, but he looks tired in 1998.
- Michael doesn't play very well in The Wiz.

The difference ? Saying amen to everything Michael does versus gently and kindly qualifying certain points that we appreciate less, whether about him or his career.

On the other hand, people have the right to give their opinion. A moron confuses respect with negative personal opinion. You can give your opinion with respect. The line is crossed from the moment one insults Michael, spits on his work or on his person without reason and with malice (haters = morons). People who don't like Invincible, History, Bad, Off The Wall, Dangerous or Thriller have every right to not like it while not disrespecting Michael.

Ps: If you refer to me in your message because I criticized History, I don't see how I insulted or blasphemed Michael. I have the right to criticize this album, to stupidly not like it just out of complacency.

Ps 2: It's all well and good to talk about respect when you yourself call people "moron". Sweep outside your door before sweeping other people's houses. THANKS.

Sorry for being so bitter, but I can't stand it when people compare certain fans to haters, themselves. The haters really hurt Michael not the fans who criticize. It's like those who spend their time insulting Greg Gorman or Karen Faye. Insult Reed, Robson, Chandler (the father), Sneddon, Sia, Safechuck instead.
Ur the problem

So I just reported you because you disrespect me. It's funny because you are the first to shout that Michael is being disrespected here, blah blah blah. It is the hospital that does not care about charity. As a result, your post loses all credibility.

You are pathetic.
Don’t report me cause I was just joking

The issues on here run far deeper than childish name calling, "your a moron", "Michael is weird"

Feels like 2 different conversations going on here, the surface level from the newbies who have no clue about anything and the deeper more concise from the OG people who were here before June 2009.

Maybe we need an adults table and kids table.......

The issues on here run far deeper than childish name calling, "your a moron", "Michael is weird"

Feels like 2 different conversations going on here, the surface level from the newbies who have no clue about anything and the deeper more concise from the OG people who were here before June 2009.

Im 16 years old, I came to this forum to learn and grow as a fan of MJ, certainly didn’t come here to get controversial

Following MJ's lead is not condescension. Explain to me what's wrong.

Im 16 years old, I came to this forum to learn and grow as a fan of MJ, certainly didn’t come here to get controversial
Thats great, but as you can see by my join date and others in this thread , some of us have been part of this website for over 20 years. And we are talking about issues on this website before you were born.

Thats great, but as you can see by my join date and others in this thread , some of us have been part of this website for over 20 years. And we are talking about issues on this website before you were born.
I understand, I didn’t know this forum was around this long

Did u actually report me?

You're causing controversy because you're telling me I'm a "problem." Be a fan of MJ, respond intelligently or change the conversation thread but don't spit your venom without reason. This is actually not appropriate behavior.

And to answer your question brotha, yes I reported you. I'm on another MJ forum and on social networks (which I'm increasingly neglecting).
Yeah, you're causing controversy because you're telling me I'm a "problem". Be a fan of MJ, respond intelligently or change the conversation thread but don't spit your venom without reason. This is actually not appropriate behavior cause it's troll.

And to answer your question, yes I reported you. I'm on another MJ forum and on social networks (which I'm increasingly neglecting) and it's cooler than here.

I recently published a novel to clearly explain how giving one's opinion, even bitter ones, can be respectful. The proof is that I love Michael even if I don't like one of his albums. This is what I wanted to say to the person. I got angry a little too quickly, of course.

I understand, I didn’t know this forum was around this long
Maybe you should spend some time in the archives and learn the history of the website, the members who made this community and Michael before you were born instead of derailing a very constructive and important thread with unnecessary and stupid name calling.

You're causing controversy because you're telling me I'm a "problem." Be a fan of MJ, respond intelligently or change the conversation thread but don't spit your venom without reason. This is actually not appropriate behavior.

And to answer your question brotha, yes I reported you. I'm on another MJ forum and on social networks (which I'm increasingly neglecting).
Yeah, you're causing controversy because you're telling me I'm a "problem". Be a fan of MJ, respond intelligently or change the conversation thread but don't spit your venom without reason. This is actually not appropriate behavior cause it's troll.

And to answer your question, yes I reported you. I'm on another MJ forum and on social networks (which I'm increasingly neglecting) and it's cooler than here.
OH MY GOODNESS U HAVE GOT TO BE THE ONE TROLLING FOR BEING SO UNHINGED, U CANT REPORT ME FOR THAT.

Maybe you should spend some time in the archives and learn the history of the website, the members who made this community and Michael before you were born instead of derailing a very constructive and important thread with unnecessary and stupid name calling.
Wait r u mad at me???

Ok.

Être déséquilibré, exemple :

- ze zui nouvo issi dézolé zezper ke vou me trouvé zenty ooooo meuf t une troleuze t debyl omondyeu

Tu mérites même pas que je te le traduise en anglais. Pour quoi ? Toi ? Un troll. Démerdes-toi.

Allez, je te bloque. Je vais retourner troller ailleurs <3 Continue de défouler ta haine, fais-toi plaiz' !

I'm gonna leave the thread. I'm going to watch Come Together far from this unhealthy atmosphere that the hypocritical and disrespectful author himself has given here.

edit for Moonstreet :

At first I was calm (see my very first message) but then I got angry, I can't stand being disrespected especially when someone comes to lecture me behind. Tell this to the author that he begins to treating me like "moron". Damn.

Sorry for defending myself when people insult me.

Bye.

Last edited:
Good gravy, the THIS is why this website is seen as a joke now. Back and forth name calling , derailing a topic and the who point of the original conversation lost.

I’m new, I’ve only been in this forum for a month. I think I’m a genuine fan and I’m not trying to troll or anything like that. If I did anything that ever came off that way I deeply apologize.
I’m genuinely not trying to troll, I was just reading this thread and also didn’t like the name calling, I apologize for the name calling I’ve done but I didnt mean to derail any conversation. I understand some of u have been in this forum longer than I’ve been alive and that’s great. I just don’t see why there was trash talk about ppl my age saying we were just trolling.

You are pathetic.
Your post makes no sense. having an opinion doesnt make your comment less rude or disrespectful. There’s a way to say say something without disrespect or being offensive and wht you view as appropriate…isn’t. And that’s whats pathetic or maybe it’s a language/culture difference. Regardless work on that.

@michaelsson, there is no need to write your posts in bold.

You are not more important than the other members.
A new version of the Thriller album or something? That isn't news. The general public doesn't care about anniversary albums. New release albums by current artists don't sell much in physical product, other than maybe Taylor Swift, Adele, & Bruno Mars. So a reissue of some old album is going to have a harder time to sell. People stream today, that's how Drake has over 300 hits on the Hot 100. Most people didn't buy Drake's CDs. Some songs became hits because they went viral on TikTok, including an old song from the 1970s by Fleetwood Mac.

It's not like Mike recorded a lot of unreleased material that's in a vault like Stevie Wonder or Prince. It's been rumored that Stevie has in his will that his unreleased music is to be destroyed after his death. The majority of Mike's albums (with the brothers) came out before Thriller, which is what most people here now either don't know about or have little interest in. Jermaine has released more solo albums than Mike and that's including the 2 that came out after his passing & also Farewell My Summer Love & E.T. Storybook. Basically people here just talk about 6 albums, and Off The Wall probably the least. Maybe because that came out during the time he was still a member of The Jacksons and is sort of the same kind of sound. Other popular acts have more than 6 albums.
But a new release of an anniversary album is news in an online fan forum whose members/visitors are mostly die-hard fans who care about such releases.

I was a member of a different forum for a long time before I came here in 2011 and then I left forums for a while. I agree that coming back, I am a little shocked at how people are treating others. I remember having incredible conversations with all different types of fans (OG and newer) back in 2009/2010 when I was just 13/14 years old. I would spend hours upon hours on the other MJ forum. Now everything is just different, and it’s not just because I’m on a different forum. It’s just the atmosphere.

Where is the love that Michael inspired? Where is the patience, the kindness, the respect? In fact, I have one member that’s private messaging me telling me I’m weird because I’m not responding back to their messages 24/7. We have a 5 hour time zone difference and I tried explaining that I’m not on here all the time because adult life gets in the way. They still call me weird. What is that even all about?

It just makes me so sad. I’m so thankful this forum is still alive, but in some capacities I’m sad it is because of some of the commentary I’m seeing.

Please remember Michael’s message. It’s all about the love. L. O. V. E. Let’s celebrate his life, not tear each other (and him) down.

Most forums that have existed for 20 years are gone or inactive. One changing 15 years after the artists death is not weird at all.

Back