What happens to the other footage? (UNSEEN PEFORMANCES Discussion) Merged

Re: What Song Would You Have Liked To Have Seen In The Movie

I love Speechless and You are My Life. Remember the time, Rock With You, Bad and You Rock My World. I think he was going to see a little bit of everything just not the whole thing. I think when they showed the dancers in those cage things that who is it was playing.

Who Is It would have been an awesome choice... nice that it was playing in the background though. The dancers in the cage were actually for Dirty Diana, though.

Who Is It would have been an awesome choice... nice that it was playing in the background though. The dancers in the cage were actually for Dirty Diana, though.

Oh I thought they were moving to that song. Dirty Diana would have been good too.

remember the time. in the closet. off the wall. lady in my life. pyt. and anything from invincible

I was actually really surprised that there was nothing from Invincible :(
According to the Kenny Ortega interview, they were going to rehearse Dirty Diana the day that he passed away...:(

WHATEVER HAPPENES, Dirty diana, Give in to me, The lady of my life, Superfily sister, Little sussie, Smile, Ghosts, It is scary, Fall again, We've had get enough, cheater, Heaven can i wait....various songs...:p.

Stranger in Moscow because its my favorite song..

Music and Me and Dirty Diana

remember the time. in the closet. off the wall. lady in my life. pyt. and anything from invincible

god yes :mello:

& Who Is It, Dirty Diana, Will You Be There... :mello:

Rock With u should be a must. How can that not be in the concert? It was 1# back in 1979/1980. I don't undertand how a song like "they dont care about us" is in the concert when Rock with u was much more popular then and now.

Id prefer MJ's Rock With u performance SOLO over the drill for they dont care about us. Especially his 1987 Bad concert performance of Rock with u. That destroys any performance of they dont care about us

MJ Rock with u LIVE destroys "they dont care about us". Its not even close

Re: What happens to the other 98 hours of rehearsal footage?

Thats if each day he did full rehersals maybe some days he only done 1 or 2 songs and then worked with the muscians trying to add "a little more booty" to the music :yes:

"little more booty.. That´s funny.." :)

Wasn't there a rumour doing rounds that there's a second movie "This Is Also It" planned...?

i heard dirty diana was rehearsed but just not with the illusion that was supposed to lead into beat it.

He also worked on Rock With You

Michael Bearden talked about it during a BET special in August

i would love to hear the off the wall medley from the history tour on the this is it tour sung live!

rock with you
off the wall
don't stop til you get enough

amazing!

i would also love to hear...
heal the world
will you be there
dirty diana

i think he would switch the setlist up sumwhere during the tour because he wouldn't perform all these songs for 50 shows.

i wish he would tho!

Re: This is it - so which other songs were actually rehearsed and filmed?

so was jam gonna open the show and transition into the bad/drill and then they don't care about us?
i really wanna know the true setlist.

It seemed to me that the background for Wanna be Startin Something indicated that it would start the show. The Big This is it logo I mean.

o ok thanx l.t.d.
i like the fact that wbss would open the show.
like it did during the victory and bad tours.

the name says it all.

he should have done remember the time, i know he didnt, but it would have been so awesome, with the great dance routine from the video. a nice live arrangement, and it would have been awesome

he should have done remember the time, i know he didnt, but it would have been so awesome, with the great dance routine from the video. a nice live arrangement, and it would have been awesome

Wehn it was rehearsed for the Dangerous Tour, to me it just didnt seem right as part of a concert. It would have been fine performed at the soul train awards in 1993. But just seeing it unfold on the rehearsals. I didnt really see it fitting into the Dangerous Tour.

Perhaps Michael thought the same, as they decided not to use it.

Well, theory is that a lot of the footage is MJ not showing up for rehearsals and looking ill and not prepared,so Sony won't want to let us see that. Hopefully we'll still get some extras on the DVD. :)

do we know that for a fact? because I wouldn't be too surprised if he was doing pretty good the whole time. I bet on a couple ocasions he was tired or perhaps even really soar. Like a former athlete trying to get back in shape. His muscles would be soar on a couple ocasions during the beginning, but nothing like sickly or frail. I mean he really did not look frail in that movie.

Wehn it was rehearsed for the Dangerous Tour, to me it just didnt seem right as part of a concert. It would have been fine performed at the soul train awards in 1993. But just seeing it unfold on the rehearsals. I didnt really see it fitting into the Dangerous Tour.

Perhaps Michael thought the same, as they decided not to use it.

I think the choreography in the video was more suited for all the camera shots they used in the video. The angles and editing close ups going back and forth while he screams in that video wouldn't come out the same on a stage in front of an audience.

I expected You Rock My World. It's popular and the only big single from Invincible. More people know YRMW than SYB I bet.

I would have thought he would have already rehearsed every song that close to opening night. Maybe the footage wasn't of good enough quality to make the final film. Besides, it would have run too long (not for us but as far as the studio was concerned)

Back