What happens to the other footage? (UNSEEN PEFORMANCES Discussion) Merged

Re: This is it - so which other songs were actually rehearsed and filmed?

have been wondering if Shes out of my Life or some other girly song would've been included so he could've had a fan on stage like he's had in previous tours. Also I thought I heard about a possible Off the Wall medley too?
during one of the rehearsal clips kenny mentions about a fan being brought up cant remember which song it was though.anyone?

^i thought he meant the other type of fan... (for TWYMMF so his shirt would fly back, and look cool)

lol maybe it was lol

If Will You Be There is on the DVD I would be so happy, and then problay loose it :cry:

Dangerous is one the best live performances ever. I hope with all my heart it's on the DVD/Blu-ray

Oath!!!! It's what got me into MJ in 1993 and it's always been my favorite every time I saw footage of him dancing to it. I took hope hope hope it's on the DVD. I'll be gutted if it's not.

Come ooooooooon Ortega don't forget about Dangerouuuuuuus! :clapping:

Dirty Diana, Who Is It. and we may get to see the whole of Speechless. I am hoping with all my heart.

Part of me is wondering whether the snippet of Speechless that we same in the film is all that there was supposed to be. I mean, WBSS stopped, no music at all, he could have sang that bit of Speechless to the crowd, tapped his foot, pointed to the band, and got back to WBSS.

Definitely not two songs I would EVER have pictured together, but can you imagine the fans reaction just to hear that one part live in concert? Everyone here went nuts over that one part and we knew it was in there... just imagine the real show!

He never rehearsed Dirty Diana. He was supposed to the day he died. Speechless probably wasn't actually on the setlist. I don't think WII was ever rehearsed either.

I'm quite sure that Dirty Diana was REHEARSED, just not as a full number that included the aerialists/flames/bed prop. I'm sure there is at least footage of them doing a music rehearsal of the song (like the part of TWYMMF in the film). BTW, I read in an interview today that Dirty Diana was the song that came before Beat It... Thriller --> Dirty Diana --> Beat It = AWESOME! I played them in order on my iPod today and it's a great progression song to song.

Dangerous was also rehearsed... if they include that alone on the extras, I will be satisfied as that ranks as one of my Top 5 MJ songs (can't choose a favorite, there's too many great ones to choose from). I remember reading on forums that the routine would be different that before though.

Heal the World/We Are the World were going to be rehearsed as full numbers once they arrived in London, as there were children's choirs involved in those numbers.

I also remember reading rumors about Who Is It (which you could hear the instrumental of during the scene of TII where they showed the aerialists that were to perform in Dirty Diana) and Stranger in Moscow also... not sure whether or not they would have made the final setlist.

^i thought he meant the other type of fan... (for TWYMMF so his shirt would fly back, and look cool)

Yep, you're right. :yes: But how cool would it have been if he had fans ( and by fans I mean me of course, lol) as TWYMMF girls?? :wild:

I have a feeling would have been different songs on different nights so that he could mix it up a bit?! Am still not sure completley what the songs where that he was going to do, read there was 19??

what was that kid, fogot his name, the britans got talent kid gonna do?> he was part of the tour. Stranger in moscow was that going to be rehearsed?

and Stranger in Moscow also... not sure whether or not they would have made the final setlist.

Kenny Ortega said Michael wanted to alternate between performing Human Nature or Stranger In Moscow every other show.

what was that kid, fogot his name, the britans got talent kid gonna do?> he was part of the tour.

No he was not. Tabloid rumour.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough Was Rehearsed 100%

Was Speechless rehearsed and recorded in full?
If that's on the DVD I would be soo happy.

Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough Was Rehearsed 100%

No it wasn't. It's just in the trailer and film as backing music, just like Who Is It. No Off The Wall tracks were rehearsed whatsoever with the exception of the title track.

Was Speechless rehearsed and recorded in full?
If that's on the DVD I would be soo happy.

I don't think so, sorry. The only Invincible tracks rehearsed were Threatened (a small instrumental after Thriller) and the short Speechless acapella.

this is it , you only know from what was in the movie, but you dont know what else was rehearsed, only kenny and those who has seen the rest of the remaining footage know, right?

this is it , you only know from what was in the movie, but you dont know what else was rehearsed, only kenny and those who has seen the rest of the remaining footage know, right?

It's inside information. ;) They've been confirmed from the likes of Leslie Hu and were heard by fans outside The Forum.

Every song MJ rehearsed for TII -

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Jam
They Don't Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Black or White
Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back/The Love You Save/I'll Be There/Shake Your Body)
Off The Wall
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Thriller/Threatened/Ghosts
Beat It
We Are The World
Earth Song
Billie Jean
Will You Be There
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror

Last edited:

It's inside information. ;) They've been confirmed from the likes of Leslie Hu and were heard by fans outside The Forum.

Every song MJ rehearsed for TII -

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Jam
They Don't Care About Us
Human Nature
Smooth Criminal
The Way You Make Me Feel
Dirty Diana
Black or White
Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back/The Love You Save/I'll Be There/Shake Your Body)
Off The Wall
I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous
Thriller/Threatened/Ghosts
Beat It
We Are The World
Earth Song
Billie Jean
Will You Be There
Heal The World
Man In The Mirror

Was this the correct order for the setlist? I read in an article that Dirty Diana was going to slot between Thriller/Beat It, because when the illusion of DD was revealed and its the aerialist on the bed instead of MJ, he would be rising from the cherry picker to start Beat It.

Which would be awesome to see.... alas

I dont think he did rehearse Dirty Diana. The band probably rehearsed it, but we have heard that he didnt rehearse it himself.

I dont think he did rehearse Dirty Diana. The band probably rehearsed it, but we have heard that he didnt rehearse it himself.

Right - I was just referring to in terms of the planned setlist for the show. There was an interview with Kenny and he spoke about the concept for the number and how it would transition into Beat It.

Such a shame... Dirty Diana is one of my favorites and the performance sounds like it would definitely have been a highlight of the show. I love magic tricks/illusions, etc.

Was this the correct order for the setlist? I read in an article that Dirty Diana was going to slot between Thriller/Beat It, because when the illusion of DD was revealed and its the aerialist on the bed instead of MJ, he would be rising from the cherry picker to start Beat It.

Which would be awesome to see.... alas

No, it's not the correct order - just the all songs he rehearsed in a rough setlist-type manner - WBSS, Jam etc. Some were going to be alternated on different nights like Stranger In Moscow when they reached London, according to Kenny Ortega.

so was jam gonna open the show and transition into the bad/drill and then they don't care about us?
i really wanna know the true setlist.

Kenny Ortega said Michael wanted to alternate between performing Human Nature or Stranger In Moscow every other show.

No he was not. Tabloid rumour.

Thanks. I could swear that at the memorial service, kenny ortega said that the kid was chosen by michael personally to join him on the tour, just before he performed. i think it was at the memorial, i cant remember? anyone else see it?

This thread is fast depressing me. It makes my heart ache so much to read about what he was going to do and never got to realise! Damn..:doh:
I'm so touched that Speechless and WYBT were on the setlist...I voted for them and hoped with all my heart he would perform them..Thanks Michael.. :cry: If WYBT is on the DVD, I'm going to cry so much. It's my favourite song ever. I hope it's there as a gift from Michael. :cry:

All I can say is 'why why why why???!!'

Love you and miss you Mike :wub::cry:

I'm so touched that Speechless and WYBT were on the setlist...I voted for them and hoped with all my heart he would perform them..Thanks Michael.. :cry: If WYBT is on the DVD, I'm going to cry so much. It's my favourite song ever. I hope it's there as a gift from Michael. :cry:

my favorite too, I hope it's on the dvd, but idk if I could handle it :cry:

What Song Would You Have Liked To Have Seen In The Movie

Michael Has Sang Some GreatSongs In His Time So How Come Alot Of The Goods Ones Where Not There In My Eyes Ok The Movie Was Great But It Looked Like I Was Watching An Old Michael Jackson Concert Like A Mix Of Dangerous And HIStory Tours.

The Songs I Would Have Liked To See

1 Dirty Diana
2 PYT
3 One More Chance
4 You Rock My World
5 Rock With You
6 Remember The Time
7 Leave Me Alone
8 Off The Wall

What Would You Have :Liked

Re: What Song Would You Have Liked To Have Seen In The Movie

Heartbreak Hotel , Will you be there.

Dirty Diana, Who Is It, Will You Be There.

Long shot:
Give into me, Leave me alone, Rock with you, Get on the floor, Off the wall

Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, Heal the World

In the movie, he sang only a bit of Speechless... I would like to hear more songs from Invincible.

I love Speechless and You are My Life. Remember the time, Rock With You, Bad and You Rock My World. I think he was going to see a little bit of everything just not the whole thing. I think when they showed the dancers in those cage things that who is it was playing.

Off The Wall and For All Time

Back