What happens to the other footage? (UNSEEN PEFORMANCES Discussion) Merged

Wav3Ryder

Proud Member
While This Is It is a great 2 hour film, what happens to the other 98 hours of rehearsal footage? Do you think some extra footage will be put on the DVD? Any other performances perhaps? I think everyone would agree that they should just release all the footage they have. Whether MJ is dancing, standing, sitting, talking or singing people would love to just see him as much as possible in preparation of this final concert. What do you all think?

Re: What happens to the other 98 hours of rehearsal footage?

Well, theory is that a lot of the footage is MJ not showing up for rehearsals and looking ill and not prepared,so Sony won't want to let us see that. Hopefully we'll still get some extras on the DVD. :)

They will probably have extras on the dvd.

We'll probably get about an hour's worth of extras, then the other 97 hours get packed away in Sony and AEG vaults never to be seen again.

Kenny had said that not all the footage had Michael in it and that they were lucky to have enough footage to put this movie together like they had.

There is also an article in the News section that said Kenny expects 2-3 hours of extra footage for the DVD. :)

yay! Then I'm waiting for the dvd to watch (I hope) Dirty Diana performance!

I can count at least 6 different outfits (and these are not dress rehearsals, just MJ's own clothes), so therefore approx 6 rehearsal days, equals 2-3 hours per day. So there must be enough footage for at least 3-4 dvd's.

I'm hoping that Dangerous makes it into DVD, I know he rehearsed it, because fans were taking videos outside, with their cameras pressed up against the walls. I really really hope they got footage of him doing Dangerous...... I love that dance routine so much!

I can count at least 6 different outfits (and these are not dress rehearsals, just MJ's own clothes), so therefore approx 6 rehearsal days, equals 2-3 hours per day. So there must be enough footage for at least 3-4 dvd's.

Thats if each day he did full rehersals maybe some days he only done 1 or 2 songs and then worked with the muscians trying to add "a little more booty" to the music :yes:

This is it - so which other songs were actually rehearsed and filmed?

I do wonder which songs from the rehearsal there are that are not in the movie, but might be released in future.

I would so love to see "Another part of me"... anybody know if THAT song was rehearsed?

Re: This is it - so which other songs were actually rehearsed and filmed?

Dirty Diana, Who Is It. and we may get to see the whole of Speechless. I am hoping with all my heart.

but these are not all, are they?? "Dangerous" and maybe others are missing from your list.

Was APOM performed or not?

He never rehearsed Dirty Diana. He was supposed to the day he died. Speechless probably wasn't actually on the setlist. I don't think WII was ever rehearsed either.

yeah, but what about ANOTHER PART OF ME? :D

This is so depressing.

He never rehearsed Dirty Diana. He was supposed to the day he died. Speechless probably wasn't actually on the setlist. I don't think WII was ever rehearsed either.

I actually think he was thinking of including Speechless. Seems like it would have been a point in the show where he would tell the fans he loves them. Thats the impression I got anyway. Maybe he was just singing it because he felt like it haha

I dont think he rehearsed anything else did he? Just the songs included but on different days.

Heal the world :cry: that was rehearsed and filmed I guess

Heal The World (Not a full rehearsal, a children's choir from London was gonna join him on stage so they would rehearse that at the O2), We Are The World, Dangerous were rehearsed. There are amateur fan recordings of those songs from outside of the Forum.

Will You Be There was rehearsed and I think so was Dangerous. Another Part Of Me was not rehearsed as far as I know.

Dangerous is one the best live performances ever. I hope with all my heart it's on the DVD/Blu-ray

WYBT, Dangerous, HTW, WATW. That's it.

The band rehearsed Dirty Diana because people who were there have said so but whether Michael or not sang it at any point in rehearsals I'm not sure. I know Kenny said they didn't rehearse the song with the illusions etc and that they were waiting for Michael to step into it.

how about She's Out of My Life / Will You Be There? ~

What? They really didn't rehearse Dirty Diana with all those flames, beds, women and all the great things???????????
*drops dead*
That was the only one thing I've been living and waiting for to see!!!!!!!!!!!

An answer to the above two posts -

- Only Will You Be There was rehearsed, no SOOML.
- The flaming bed was ready for the 25th, as was Light Man.

I think that as 50 dates were booked, Michael probably planned to change it up a few nights.

I've heard Dirty Diana and Heal The World would've been in the main set.

I have been wondering if Shes out of my Life or some other girly song would've been included so he could've had a fan on stage like he's had in previous tours. Also I thought I heard about a possible Off the Wall medley too?

oh my gosh I would have loved to see Michael perform Who Is It..

Now I hate Dr Murder!! I wanted to see dirty diana looked awesome

Wasn't Working Day And Night also rehearsed?

Back