What do you think of the full version of the Bad short film?

Imagine if some dude "imagined" himself dancing with a bunch of random dancers when he's about to fight with three of his former friends. He'd get rocked.

Imagine if some dude "imagined" himself dancing with a bunch of random dancers when he's about to fight with three of his former friends. He'd get rocked.
west-side-story-3-with-natalie-wood-1961-stars-on-art.jpg

"A forum about something he dislikes" bruh I like Michael Jackson's music lol

The number of posters complaining that Michael was 28 portraying a teenager. Have you ever heard of Grease?
Also Michael Jackson's music videos redefined the genre. Everything that came after Beat it, Billie Jean, and Thriller would not have happened without Michael doing it first. Let's not try and diminish this man's legacy. People do that enough in the media without his own "fans" doing the same.

The number of posters complaining that Michael was 28 portraying a teenager. Have you ever heard of Grease?
Also Michael Jackson's music videos redefined the genre. Everything that came after Beat it, Billie Jean, and Thriller would not have happened without Michael doing it first. Let's not try and diminish this man's legacy. People do that enough in the media without his own "fans" doing the same.
Yeah, lots of this going on around here as of late. I'm not a stranger to expressing things I dislike or don't agree with when it comes to MJ but it really does seem like some are just going out of their way to diminish literally everything for the sake of it sometimes.

"A forum about something he dislikes" bruh I like Michael Jackson's music lol
You're not allowed to have any negative opinions about anything related to MJ on this forum or you're a hater.

You have to be delusional and pretend everything MJ ever did was gold and has no room for critique. It's disappointing considering MJ himself was a perfectionist and on more than one occasion went back and changed things in his older work that he must have not been happy with himself.

You're not allowed to have any negative opinions about anything related to MJ on this forum or you're a hater.

You have to be delusional and pretend everything MJ ever did was gold and has no room for critique. It's disappointing considering MJ himself was a perfectionist and on more than one occasion went back and changed things in his older work that he must have not been happy with himself.
You know that's not true. There have been plenty of posts on this forum where people are critical of things Michael did. HIStory Tour is a perfect example.

This is one of the more ballanced forums when it comes to Michael Jackson. It's mostly positive here but people will speak up and talk about certain things they dislike.

Not at all. Plenty of negative opinions about MJ abound in this forum.
There's a difference however in critiquing something with a valid point and saying deluded things like the Thriller video was always dumb and his music videos are overrated :rolleyes:

I prefer the shortened version. The full length does nothing for me

The dancing is only happening in Darryl's imagination. That's why the film shifts back to black and white in the end, and you see Darryl is still wearing a hoodie. To me, that made it deeper. I used to be a kid who could flee in his imagination. Who could flee in something imaginary that was completely unrealistic... but it helped me get through something. Especially when I felt lonely.

May be the BAD video is weird for people who never experienced that. I can imagine. But for me, this was a long sought confirmation that I wasn't crazy... that more people had this, and that it was – may be – a normal way of dealing with things. I love the BAD video for this reason. I think most people interpret the story as a fight with dance and music. But I think it is a story about conquering something within yourself with imagination. That's what Darryl does: he doesn't fight by dancing... he uses his imagination to get stronger and being able to say 'No.'
Interesting take, I'd not considered that before. I like it though.

You know what I wish had made it into the Bad music video?
Wesley Snipes' "So what you gonna do? Dance us to death?" line.

Back