What do you think about Michael possibly being on Akon's label?

Boy, oh Boy. I don't think that Akon is saying that Michael is signing with his label. I doubt very seriously if Michael will release his album with any other label except Sony.

I think that what Akon is saying is that HMH will be released under his Konvict Music label and appear on his new album.

Boy, oh Boy. I don't think that Akon is saying that Michael is signing with his label. I doubt very seriously if Michael will release his album with any other label except Sony.

I think that what Akon is saying is that HMH will be released under his Konvict Music label and appear on his new album.

That's what I got from it too. I didn't see anything that said that Michael will be connected with Konvict Music in any shape or fashion. So to even wonder what happens if is kinda absurd at this moment (sorry but to me it is). ;)

^ that's like most of us.. I don't think many people think he will sign under Akons label, or even that Akon ment that..

It was pretty clear that he was talking about his OWN single and album etc..

But it doesn't explain why this thread was created. :lol:

I guess some people took from it that Mike would sign with his label and that's not the case at all.

I guess it's a nice discussion but I couldn't fathom wonder about it tho. MJ in Akon's label? Huh? :lol:

I thought he is under Legacy already.. So has it been only a deal album-by-album..?

Thriller 25 has been selling well so I don't understand why would he go to somewhere else.

yea successful in the sense that people are buying shyt music these days with looped recycled beats and barely any creativity or instruments.... doesnt mean the guy is a Real artist, most of these clowns are full of themselves

And?
Who cares if YOU think todays music is full of "shyt" that have "looped recycled beats and barely creativity or instruments". T-Pain is a success.
I personally don't like his style, but I ain't knockin' his hustle either. Way too much of that crap goes on in these fan sites.

Hollaback.

i am def a tpain fan. because he answers the question..everybody has a positive attribute/what are you gunna do with your life?

Michael Jackson is already signed to Sony BMG.

Clive Davis (who is the Chief Creative Officer Sony BMG Worldwide) was recently asked "Do you think Michael Jackson can be a relivant recording artist ever again?" and he responded with something like "Yes, I believe he can and WILL be very relivant and have a successful career once again"

So the the people that matter have faith in Michael. Mike obviously has faith in them, and shows that by continuing to sign with Sony BMG, where he remains signed to this very day. I would expect Michael's new album to be a Sony BMG album.

Exactly what I thought (and said before) :lol: I agree completely.

no i'd rather him be at the sony of yesteryear w/ matolla at the helm and allred and dimond as his advisors....

who gives a rats behind so long as he's promoted well and the 'short films' are reigned in

I just want Michael to do his music like he wants to. If he is on his Label than i guess Michael wants to. I just want to wait and see if its even true before i say to much about it. I don,t get why michael needs to be on any other label he can do it himself in my opinion , of course thats Michael,s call isn,t it. I wish him well what ever he does.

What I honestly think is "Hold my Hand" is the favor being returned to Akon for the "Wanna Be Startin Somethin" single. When someone duets with Michael for a Jackson cd, Mike usually does the same for the other person. For example, when Paul McCartney did "The Girl is Mine" for Thriller, Mike turned around and did "Say Say Say" and "The Man" for Paul's cd. When Stevie Wonder did "Just Good Friends" for the Bad cd, Jackson did "Get It" for Wonder's cd. Mike did "WuzUpWitU" for his good friend Eddie Murphy. He did an uncredited background vocal for Berry Gordy's son Rockwell on the hit "Somebody's Watching Me". He helped Tito's sons "3T" by singing on their hit "Why". He placed his good friends MacCauley Culken, Chris Tucker & Marlon Brando in his short films. When Mike worked with Rodney Jerkins, Brandy sang background on "Unbreakable" and a Jackson vocal appeared on Brandy's last cd, produced by Jerkins. And since Fergie and Will.I.Am worked on Thriller 25, I'm almost certain we'll hear Jackson on a Black Eyed Peas next record. That's how Jackson does it.

Yep. That's pretty much how I see it too. The record label isn't all that important. I'd be more concerned about the actual album than the label that releases it.
I agree. If it gets his stuff out there and the label is committed to promoting it, then I say move forth and do well my lad.

Of course, this is ASSuming that Akon's reference was to that.

Somehow I don't believe it though...

I'll just say, I think Michael in the very least deserves the backing of a major. I know Akon's label is under Universal, which I can see Michael signing with. But why would he sign with a subsidary of Universal? That makes no sense. Artist labels are generally for up and coming artist's who are trying to break in. I don't think it's a good idea. Michael needs to be able to have not only the breathing room, but also the resources to make his vision a reality. I would say he either signs with the main branch of a major or he simply releases the album on his own label with distribution backing from a major.

I'll just say, I think Michael in the very least deserves the backing of a major. I know Akon's label is under Universal, which I can see Michael signing with. But why would he sign with a subsidary of Universal? That makes no sense. Artist labels are generally for up and coming artist's who are trying to break in. I don't think it's a good idea. Michael needs to be able to have not only the breathing room, but also the resources to make his vision a reality. I would say he either signs with the main branch of a major or he simply releases the album on his own label with distribution backing from a major.

And that's why I don't believe it. Come on, have you ever seen an artist 40 years into their career sign with a vanity label by an artist who's only been out for five years unless it was family-related?

Major Labels: Who Owns Who

whoownswho_big.gif

http://www.arancidamoeba.com/mrr/whoownswho2.html

AKON, AKON , AKON.. are you sure you are really really fans of Michael Jackson that appreciate HIS own works and his own songs? I think that Michael wanted to works with AKON or William, because HE knows that fans (especially americans) would not appreciate him anymore if he would not do something with them... infact... he was not wrong: the results is so clear .... you ADORE this AKON e company!

He's everywhere in Michael's forums...

non sotry cause of a quiet news day. not even worth discussing imo. kinda like what if mj ran down the street naked covered in wipped cream. sadly it aint ever gonna happen so no point talking about ifs and buts lol

AKON, AKON , AKON.. are you sure you are really really fans of Michael Jackson that appreciate HIS own works and his own songs? I think that Michael wanted to works with AKON or William, because HE knows that fans (especially americans) would not appreciate him anymore if he would not do something with them... infact... he was not wrong: the results is so clear .... you ADORE this AKON e company!

He's everywhere in Michael's forums...

:lol: I think you need to calm yourself down. I'm not a fan of Akon either but apparently he and MJ dig each other's music enough to work together, lol.

Back