What do you think about Michael possibly being on Akon's label?

I think he won't be on Akon's label for sure, maybe he can create his own label

IT would be a bad move... Yes Akons record label is under interscope which is under Universal Music Group...

NOW If Michael wants a big budget to support his album etc.. He should forget Sony and go STRAIGHT to Universal Music Group.. It's even BIGGER than SONY MUSIC.

Akon is a Universal Music Group artist.. Being UNDER Akon would be a really dumb move.. Michael being a 4th party in his project would be rediculous..

Michael would have to go to Akon, which would have to go to interscope, interscope would have to go to Universal Music Group for financial backing and promotion...

FORGETT that.. Michael is MUCH bigger than Akons label, and his share of Sony Music is much bigger than 'Konvict Muzik' record label... LOL! A 3 year old label...

Here are the other artists under Konvict Muzik....
Now you want Michael with THAT??? HELL NO!!! They are a bunch of newbies trying to BREAK INTO the music industry.. T-Pain being the most sucessfull under Akons label, and Colby O' Donis probably being 2nd.

Colby with NO song entering the Top U.S. 10 and not reaching in the top five ANYWHERE but Canada...

FORGET that bull crap...

Last edited:
IT would be a bad move... Yes Akons record label is under interscope which is under Universal Music Group...

NOW If Michael wants a big budget to support his album etc.. He should forget Sony and go STRAIGHT to Universal Music Group.. It's even BIGGER than SONY MUSIC.

Akon is a Universal Music Group artist.. Being UNDER Akon would be a really dumb move.. Michael being a 4th party in his project would be rediculous..

Michael would have to go to Akon, which would have to go to interscope, interscope would have to go to Universal Music Group for financial backing and promotion...

FORGETT that.. Michael is MUCH bigger than Akons label, and his share of Sony Music is much bigger than 'Konvict Muzik' record label... LOL! A 3 year old label...

Here are the other artists under Konvict Muzik....
Now you want Michael with THAT??? HELL NO!!! They are a bunch of newbies trying to BREAK INTO the music industry.. T-Pain being the most sucessfull under Akons label, and Colby O' Donis probably being 2nd.

Colby with NO song entering the Top U.S. 10 and not reaching in the top five ANYWHERE but Canada...

FORGET that bull crap...
Wow, some good points. :bugeyed
Thanks for kinna explaining it lol. :lol: Wouldn't want Michael as a 4th party.. and all that other things you listed. :bugeyed

Last edited:
This is if you believe Akon!! His made a few comments pertaining to MJ, most of which wasnt true. Akon loves to blow his own trumpet. Akon also said about 6 months ago that he could release his album within weeks and months later his saying he still has 2 tracks to do.And being that MJ has all these other projects happening through Sony, Im still inclined to believe that MJ has dealings with Sony and thats that

^ I don't think Akon has lied thus far... He gives vague comments though that could easily be translated into another meaning.. Even with the Superbowl, all he said is there will be a commercial relating to MJ.. Then he says his 'presence' will be felt... Some fans at first thought MJ would be on the commercial, and translated what he said to be about Thriller25..

All he said is.. "when you get the album, read the label." That could mean anything.. The label as in the TITLE of the album?? That it will have Akons name as producer?? We all think he means 'read what label he's with." But that's not neccessarely what it means..

It looks like he just says vague information that does not give anything away.. And it is as of what he knows at the moment.. For example when he said his album was finished... Well maybe that was before he was recording with Michael jackson and Mike agreed to be on an Akon track.. So he may have recorded a track or so since then..

Last edited:
Hey if Hold my Hand is released as a single, obviosly it would say "KOnvict Music" Akon just seems to be saying Michael would be on a record that reads "Konvict Music" I don't see why what Akon could be seen as meaning that he singed him. AND yeah if he did infact sign him, it would be veeeery bad step for the reasons already stated by KOPV.

Technically Mj has already recorded for Konvict music right? ;) (Hold My Hand that is) so Akon's wouldn't be actually lying. Akon said "When the record comes out, read the label". The word record could refer to Akon's album, the Hold My Hand single, or MJ's album. I am willing to bet he is talking about the single. :yes:

I am pretty confident MJ will be with Sony, as he has always been. :)

This is if you believe Akon!! His made a few comments pertaining to MJ, most of which wasnt true. Akon loves to blow his own trumpet. Akon also said about 6 months ago that he could release his album within weeks and months later his saying he still has 2 tracks to do.And being that MJ has all these other projects happening through Sony, Im still inclined to believe that MJ has dealings with Sony and thats that

Seems to me like you're the only one blowing your trumpet, lol.
You don't have to like Akon (which you obviously don't), but stop trying to make the guy look like he's a compulsive liar. He's the ONLY star in the entertainment biz who bragged about working with Michael Jackson, which turned out to be true.
That almost never happens.
So his album was delayed. Big deal.
Whenever Michael works on an album it get's delayed like, 10 times.
Oh yeah, MJ won't be signing to Akon's label He's smarter than that.

Hollaback.

T-Pain... is the most successful... the most successful?! :blink:

Now I think Akon just had a ' slip of the tounge... Mike under Konvict Muzic... especially after learning the above :busted: is like the last thing on my mind.

T-Pain... is the most successful... the most successful?! :blink:

Now I think Akon just had a ' slip of the tounge... Mike under Konvict Muzic... especially after learning the above :busted: is like the last thing on my mind.

Yes, T-Pain is very successful.
Whether you like him or not.

Hollaback.

Yes, T-Pain is very successful.
Whether you like him or not.

Hollaback.

yea successful in the sense that people are buying shyt music these days with looped recycled beats and barely any creativity or instruments.... doesnt mean the guy is a Real artist, most of these clowns are full of themselves

T-Pain is a popular collaboration artist in the western world...thats bout it. The majority of his success is within the US with global awareness very little. He is by no means at the level of Justin Timberlake, Usher, Rihanna, Akon, Kanye West, or any of those guys. In my opinion, T-Pain still has to prove himself by releasing more solo music. All T-Pain has proven is that he is a good collaboration artist and still hasn't broken into the global mainstream music like the artists I just listed. That time maybe coming soon, Im not sure.

In regards to Michael signing to Konvict music....I would say that will NEVER happen. Here's why:

1) Promotion issues: Michael Jackson loves to promote his new projects heavily. Each album is backed up with a 20 million dollar+ advertising and marketing agenda. Akon's label is still relatively new and would not be likely to fork over the amount of cash Michael would be demanding.

2) Issues With Sony: Even though Mike has no legal bindings to Sony...I would think he feels obligated to sign with them again for the new album because of the long business relationship they have had and currently have. I would think Mike doesn't wanna stir the boat in regards to the Sony/ATV catalogue and by releasing his new record with Sony...he knows they will do their best for him since he is also a co-owner of one of their biggest assets.

3) Michael Has Too Much Pride: Michael does have alot of pride and I just cant see him being happy signing under Akon's label. Michael needs to be considered top priority before he will sign anything (like he should) and being under Akon would not give him that important feeling he wants. I would seriously see him signing with Universal directly before Akon's label.

It should be very interesting to see what label Michael decides to go with. There is Sony, Universal, Wal-Mart, Starbucks, and that other one U2 and Madonna signed with. My guess...Sony lol

I think this is actually being misinterpreted as usual by Michael Jackson fans. Either way it doesn't make any difference to me. Music is music. I don't see why it even matters.

It's not a label.

?

---

What a nightmare that would be. I think fans are just so eager for music, they don't care if Michael sings the ABC's under Disney's label. Good lord, if at the beginning of every Michael Jackson song, there was the clank of a jail cell and Akon yelling "Konvict"... I'd have to probably punch somebody.

.... Not to mention how awkward and wrong that would be knowing Michael just went through a trial years prior. :doh:

?

---

What a nightmare that would be. I think fans are just so eager for music, they don't care if Michael sings the ABC's under Disney's label. Good lord, if at the beginning of every Michael Jackson song, there was the clank of a jail cell and Akon yelling "Konvict"... I'd have to probably punch somebody.

.... Not to mention how awkward and wrong that would be knowing Michael just went through a trial years prior. :doh:

Konvict Music is actually just a production company, lol. I don't know how it turned into a label, lol.

Konvict Music is actually just a production company, lol. I don't know how it turned into a label, lol.
Oh, I see. As in a production company usually has a smaller number of artists which signs an agreement with the label? It kind of just hit me now, makes sense. ;D

Last edited:
Well I think Promotion is the key here, as long as the album is successfully promoted, I dont care who its released by, Michael Jackson will sell the music, not the label.

If, what Akon has hinted and Michael has signed for Konvict Muzik, then as stated, if promotion is great, then Im more than happy with that label.

READ THIS.. I MIGHT BE ON TO SOMETHING. MAYBE TOWARDS THE END

'Konvict Muzik' IS a record label and has been once since 2005..

Kovict Musik is a record label that is under 'Distribution labels'.. Konvict Musik is under bigger labels that have distribution rights.. So IF Michael were to go under Akons record label.. (I hate even saying that) lol! It would be distributed by higher labels..

The thing is, it would not make ANY sence for Michael to sign with Akon because one of Konvict Muziks distribution labels is Jive records, which there parent company is SONY BMG..

Labels are built like a pyramid.. There are PARENT COMPAIES like SONY BMG, and UNIVERSAL RECORD LABEL..

Now each of them have LABELS under them, like Columbia Records, Zomba Music Group, Epic Records, etc..

NOW those labels have labels under them.. Like Jive records, RCA records etc...

SEE, one of Kovict Muzics distributers are Jive, which is under SONY..

So WHY with MJ the ties and ownership Michael has WITH SONY MUSIC why would he sign under AKON??? lol!!!

The ONLY positive thing I could see with it IS.. Think of this..

Akon is under JIVE RECORDS and INTERSCOPE..

JIVE is under SONY BMG..

INTERSCOPE is under UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP..

Michael will have distributers from all over, from the top 2 distributers, instead of just SONY BMG..

But the BEST thing (in my opinion) to do, is sign a major deal directly with UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP creating his own label under Interscope.. Most of the artist owned labels are sucessful through Interscope.. You name it, it's usually under them.. This way, with his OWN LABEL under interscope, he could get much backing from the LEADING company, while keeping ties with Sony, so Michael can benifit.. YOU KNOW if Michael just ups and takes off on Sony HE WILL GO THROUGH HELL.. They will try to take any right to his big hits as possible, they will do anything and everything to KEEP what they can of MICHAEL..

SO... His own label udner Interscope/Universal Music Group would benifit him in SO MANY WAYS..

COME TO THINK OF IT.. (just a thought) HE MIGHT be planning this.. think of who are the people he is working with??

Will.i.am, Neyo, and Akon... THEY ALL HAVE LABELS under Universal Music Group.. Ne-yo's record label being under Def Jam, while Will.i.ams and Akons under Interscope.. ALL 3 are under UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP..

Michael could have his own label under the LARGEST record company UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP, while distributing the album through both Sony and Universal Music group.. That way Michael has MORE distributers, more BACKING, while Sony stays involved and off Michaels back..

I wonder if this is a HINT to anything from Michael in the future???

Last edited:
It ain't no label, lol... if it is, it's a very vanity company. MJ could still be aligned with Sony for all we know and just have Konvict Music on the first half (Konvict/Sony). I mean, really, is it that big of a deal? And we don't even know if he was even referring to him signing Michael to the company, lol. He says a lot of stuff. Lucky for him, he can follow it just a bit. But let's not push it until we know for sure, lol.

^ the thread asks what we would think IF he did.. Nothing about IF he really did..

Konvict Muzik is a record label.. There are labels on all levels.. There are even local record labels in every city.. Independent labels.. Some people start a label when they are in highschool, it's not a hard thing to do..

No matter how small. You know Steeltown Records was a record label.. And there distribution company was Brunswick which had the smallest groups from 'wripples and waves' aka. The Jackson 5, to Jackie Wilson, and Buddy Holiday.. And Brunswick is under Koch Entertainment..

http://konvictmuzik.com/

LOL, I'm just saying. :lol:

OK, think it's a label all you want. You just don't want him back at Phony, er, Sony. I can understand. :)

:lol:

You know I'm just f***in' around, I ain't about to get into some discussion.

Sony as a distributer would be great.. But he would have more benifits under Universal Music Group...

Back