What book are you reading?..

Re: What new book are you reading?..

Equinox by Michael White, Thirteen steps down by Ruth Rendell.

nothing non-academic at the moment, but i'm waiting on Bruce Swedien's new book to (possibly ) come out this year.

Currently "Golf Monster" by Alice Cooper, almost through... after that it will be the Slash Biography... then I'm planning to read "Darkly dreaming Dexter".... the last book I completed was Richard Mathison's "I am legend"!

*gathers books*
Alright well I decided to give a few other authors a try.
yet here are some classicas I am reading as well.

0743211375.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

n47718.jpg

c598.jpg

The Rape of Nanking: The Forgotten Holocaust World War II by Iris Chang

Difficult to read and grasp due to its graphic and brutal content. But it's a must read book.

Hiroshima by John Hersey

It compiles true stories of six survivors of Hiroshima's atomic bomb.

Hiroshima by John Hersey

It compiles true stories of six survivors of Hiroshima's atomic bomb.

I've been wanting to get that one too :) I'm not sure though what to make of a non-Japanese approach :scratch: Hope it's accurate^^

Right now, "The art of dying", by Mircea Eliade :) The man who's dedicated his life to spiritual and religios (especially Oriental religions) studies :heart:

Well I've love to read something about J.D Robb novles since it got stared the popuarl chareters is Eve Dalls & her sidekick is Peaboy. So you can tell this is set in the mid 2000's in 2060 or somethingg like that.

Sweet hearts by Melanie Rae Thon.
And I'm supposed to give a speech about this :doh: It's ok book but I can't make a speech out of it.. :no:

I've been wanting to get that one too I'm not sure though what to make of a non-Japanese approach Hope it's accurate^^

Right now, "The art of dying", by Mircea Eliade The man who's dedicated his life to spiritual and religios (especially Oriental religions) studies

Well Hiroshima is not a novel. It was originally published in New Yorker magazine, one year after the Hiroshima's explosion. It was a 30, 000 essay report telling the true stories of the atomic survivors in straightforward way. So from what I've read, I can say Hiroshima does not choose any side. The author only wrote what he was told by the survivors. This book will let you decide whether the atomic bomb was necessary or not. It would give people a lot of room for thought as well.

Note that Hiroshima can be extremely graphic just like Nanking's.

WARNING the scenes are graphic but supposed to be historically accurate as it was written and lived by a Hiroshima survivor, Keiji Nakazawa.

http://www.youtube.com/v/BfJZ6nwxD38&hl=en&fs=1

Last edited:
neautfill immjunity you re having the same book favs as i do lol i love poe and king as well as cook and other mysterie writeers
but now i m finally finishing the last harry potter

Well Hiroshima is not a novel. It was originally published in New Yorker magazine, one year after the Hiroshima's explosion. It was a 30, 000 essay report telling the true stories of the atomic survivors in straightforward way. So from what I've read, I can say Hiroshima does not choose any side. The author only wrote what he was told by the survivors. This book will let you decide whether the atomic bomb was necessary or not. It would give people a lot of room for thought as well.

I never said it was a novel, lol. I thought it was some sort of analysis of what happened, like a written documentary, that's why I was doubting its objectiveness.
So it's based on interviews with the survivors? In that case, I assume it's genuine.

I'll see if I can get it somewhere :)

Thanks^^ [will watch the video tomorrow]

I never said it was a novel, lol. I thought it was some sort of analysis of what happened, like a written documentary, that's why I was doubting its objectiveness.
So it's based on interviews with the survivors? In that case, I assume it's genuine.

I'll see if I can get it somewhere :)

Thanks^^ [will watch the video tomorrow]

Oh right, right. Sorry. lol I posted that around 2 am something.

^^Yeah, and he's also funny... he's telling some tales from his life, there is a hillarious episode of when he first met Elvis and intervines it with how much golf means to him (or better how he substituted his alcohol addicition with a golf addiction)... the golf parts are kinda boring though, but the rest is quite interesting... if you're a fan!

^^Yeah, and he's also funny... he's telling some tales from his life, there is a hillarious episode of when he first met Elvis and intervines it with how much golf means to him (or better how he substituted his alcohol addicition with a golf addiction)... the golf parts are kinda boring though, but the rest is quite interesting... if you're a fan!

Oh neat I'll have to check it out then cause I love my golf and I think he's neat thanks for the response :D

At the moment I'm reading "Wyrms" by Orson Scott Card

Your MJJ Community Book Club - Read

"Vital Friends" The People You Can't Afford To Live Without"
by Tom Rath

Naruto's Official Fanbook by Shonen Jump.

Back