What are the songs MJ rehearsed for This Is It?

It would be nice if the Estate would just release this for the fans! Haha I would really love to see raw footage of the unreleased rehearsals

It could all be the same day.

two rehearsals of human nature in one day? you think Michael would do that? and their are pics of other Song's too! I believe.. Black Or White and TDCAU is one of them but it's hard to tell :p

I spoke to Mike Bearden on twitter and he confirmed that Dirty Diana was rehearsed. I have also seen photos of MJ rehearsing it on the 23rd (On the right of the TII poster you can see MJ with Oranthi with red lighting and smoke). I think Sony are saving a few rehearsals (e.g Dangerous , Dirty Diana, Heal The World) for an extended edition which will be released in the future.

You better believe every song they planned to perform was rehearsed.. They would never wait until a week or two before going to London to rehearse aomething. For the first time.. Just not everything got to make it to the staple center..

They first rehearsed at the forum on a stage similar size to get the moves out right.. Than staple center was the full stage with props, the huge screen, pyro, and new set design stuff.. The dangerous girl, the bed for dirty Diana etc.

I'd like to see more behind the scene things.
like the private choreography sessions, and creative brainstorming meetings.. and things like that. I wish one day we get a this is it box set.. maybe 10 hours of footage all together, spread out over a couple of DVD's. That would be awesome.

two rehearsals of human nature in one day? you think Michael would do that? and their are pics of other Song's too! I believe.. Black Or White and TDCAU is one of them but it's hard to tell :p

Why not?

They did run throughs of the Bad Tour 3 times a day. It's not crazy to think they'd do the same song more than once.

Why not?

They did run throughs of the Bad Tour 3 times a day. It's not crazy to think they'd do the same song more than once.

It was worn on two nights. The top pictures where he is wearing the jacket with shoulder pads is from the Forum, the below ones are from Staples.

TII was very different to the Bad tour. Michael missed many rehersals and never once ran the whole show.

You better believe every song they planned to perform was rehearsed.. They would never wait until a week or two before going to London to rehearse aomething. For the first time.. Just not everything got to make it to the staple center..

They first rehearsed at the forum on a stage similar size to get the moves out right.. Than staple center was the full stage with props, the huge screen, pyro, and new set design stuff.. The dangerous girl, the bed for dirty Diana etc.

Michael never rehearsed with pyros and he never rehearsed wth the bed. He was due to rehearse that on the 25th, hence why you can see it on the floor while he is on the cherry picker in Earth Song. The clips of the bed being practiced with are with the aerialist/pole performer only.

From the little footage there is of the early rehearsals(one or two short clips) on the blu ray edition (not sure about dvd, probably on DVD as well), MJ looks as if he is performing better, there is a part where he is doing TDCAU and he does a spin and jumps straight back into the dance, it would be nice to see those rehearsals, even though they weren't shot in HD.

I don't really mind what was and was not done in full, I don't care about props or thing's on a screen! I want raw footage of Michael on my tv, blasting out of my speakers! I'm ready to see the unseen rehearsals.. Dangerous, Dirty Diana, Will You Be There, Stranger In Moscow.. the rest :p meeting's, More footage of Michael's & Travis Brainstorming sessions, more footage of Michael on stage talking with the dancers, describing the architecture of the show, vocal warm ups, short clips of unfinished Song's, Michael's Meeting with the dancers, band & vocalists in full etc. so much they could do as an extended feature film and Bonus features!

At one point during rehearsals the band played Heartbreak Hotel. I think the story was that Michael said he would have loved to perform it but it didn't fit in with the flow of the setlist. That's a shame. I would have loved to see Heartbreak Hotel be performed

Seeing as how they would simply set up a camera just to film meetings and one-on-one dancing, there's probably hours and hours of footage we'll never see.

I would guess heart break hotel sound would be for the different opening of dangerous they were doing.. I could be wrong though!

Seeing as how they would simply set up a camera just to film meetings and one-on-one dancing, there's probably hours and hours of footage we'll never see.

This is why a collectors label would work so well. They could release things like that, things that only hardcore fans want, without having to spend a bunch of money on an "official" release. I hope to see that footage one day.

oh yeah, with allll the footage they have, they could make several documentaries with that.. Or even use some dance footage for future music videos/short films..

They could keep this going for a long time.. Hours of footage of them planning, footage of MJ behind the scene, rehearsal, and so much we don't even know of.. they have to have over 100 hours of footage like I think they said that fans would like to see.

think about it, they record 1 rehearsal that's over 6hrs of footage in one night.. they've been planning and rehearsing for months...

oh yeah, with allll the footage they have, they could make several documentaries with that.. Or even use some dance footage for future music videos/short films..

They could keep this going for a long time.. Hours of footage of them planning, footage of MJ behind the scene, rehearsal, and so much we don't even know of.. they have to have over 100 hours of footage like I think they said that fans would like to see.

think about it, they record 1 rehearsal that's over 6hrs of footage in one night.. they've been planning and rehearsing for months...

I agree with you! wouldn't it be fascinating to see the entire preparation process! from the first day at Centre Staging to the final day (we all know of) I think it would give us a feel of completion, seeing Michael in the zone for the final time! expressing his magic on stage, it needs to be witnessed by the fans. yes, Michael would have never released the rehearsals! but as the shows unfortunately never happened, we deserve to see Michael back on top.. for one final time :heart:

Back