Weekend News Bytes for May 2-4 (Update on post #52 for May 4, 2008)

Re: May 2nd, 2008 MJ News and Mentionings

AKON MJ MENTIONINGS (2 VIds)

1) small mentionings
2) Was asked if he was really in the studio last week

VIEW AND SHARE THOUGHTS IN THE THREAD :)
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1435178#post1435178

don't let the thread die you guys.. It's been around for SO long.. Now that we cannot edit thread titles over time.. I can never just type what conversations are going on..

Thanks for keeping that thread alive. I enjoyed both of those Akon clips.

I suggest that everybody go over there and check those clips out. I'll just give you guy's one little tidbit - in one of the clips, Akon said that he speaks to Mike at least 8 times a day. LOL! I don't know what's going on, but SOMETHING is definitely going on.

Thanks for keeping that thread alive. I enjoyed both of those Akon clips.

I suggest that everybody go over there and check those clips out. I'll just give you guy's one little tidbit - in one of the clips, Akon said that he speaks to Mike at least 8 times a day. LOL! I don't know what's going on, but SOMETHING is definitely going on.

Yeah I listened to them too and woah 8 times a day is a lot, so for all those people out there who think Michael isn't working on anything then perhaps Akon saying they talk to each other a lot everyday about the new music and that they were in the studio together last week will probably make them reconsider.

^ If you guys wanna help keep it alive.. comment in there about the vids.. lol!

It used to be so damn popular..

The whole purpose of that thread was to keep focus on the present and future of MJ.. What's going on, sharing ideas, facts, opinions..

Now we have so many MINI MJ: Present Future Threads.. lol!

So many of the same thing.. I was asked by many mjjfers to keep it alive when we turn to MJJC.. well I feel like it's failing..

IDK why, some great stuff has been in there.. Then what happens, is people read whats in there and make a seperate thread for it.. It's like NO!! talk about IN the thread.. don't make other threads of the same thing..

watch in a couple days, these Akon vids will be talked about much more in a different thread..

hopefully not.. but it happens often..

Last edited:

sara berellis(sp) song, 'love song' is the theme for a new movie coming out today, called 'made of honor'....that song is in the atv catalogue, and has just spent this week at number one on the top forty

I see the media is still desperate to take Michael's title from him :lol:. Yet, Elvis will forever be crowned the "King of Rock 'n Roll" and James Brown will always be known as the godfather of soul, only Michael apparently deserves to lose his well-grounded title as the King of Pop :lol:.

And LMAO at Blender naming Eminem the 4th top rock genius of all time! :rofl: :no:

I know, what a load of crap that list was.
I won't even bother on e-mailing them. They're not even worth it.

Thank you Reeta for doing the weekend thread. :cheeky:

http://www.tribecatrib.com/news/newsmay08/Thriller050826.html

Thriller Of A Night

By Daniel P. Bader
POSTED MAY 2, 2008
ThrillerMovie.jpg

ThrillerMovieCaption.gif
ThrillerDance.jpg

ThrillerDanceCaption.gif

Zombies roamed Battery Park City one night last month, and the police paid no attention. Some even smiled. Luckily, the undead were not looking for human flesh, but instead, a good time.
ThrillerFacePaint.jpg

ThrillerFacePaintCaption.gif
It’s been 25 years since singer Michael Jackson and director John Landis released “Thriller,” the album and accompanying short horror film and music video. The Tribeca Film Festival honored the anniversary of the video and best-selling album in history with an outdoor “Drive In” screening of the video along with “Michael Jackson: Making Michael Jackson’s Thriller,” a behind the scenes documentary about the short film.
Besides the screening itself, held in the North Cove, the most popular event of the night were the contestants from Bravo’s television series “Stand Up and Dance,” who were “zombified” by members of the group NYC Zombie Crawl. In costume, the performers re-created the famous dancing from the video.
One of the zombie crawl makeup artists, Autumn Eget, a 20-year old with a squirt bottle of blood and a homemade “I Heart Zombies” t-shirt, traveled from Philadelphia for the event. With a realistic scar on her neck, sickly green skin and dark sunken eyes, she offered passersby a squirt of blood.
ThrillerLandis.jpg

ThrillerLandisCaption.gif
“My makeup took maybe 40 minutes to do,” she explained. “To do the dancers, it took about half an hour.”
She had no takers on the blood though.
“All our blood is edible,” she explained, holding up the red maple syrup-flavored concoction. “Zombies love blood.”
The dancers were introduced by “Step Up and Dance” judge and original “Thriller” zombie Vince Patterson. The crowd roared as that famous beat pounded the outdoor theater and the dancers lurched and jerked to the music.
Patterson led the crew through a couple of steps, explaining each move so the crowd could follow along.
The audience also got into the act with free face painting and make-your-own glittery gloves.
ThrillerStretch.jpg

ThrillerStretchCaption.gif
Freshly painted ghouls Loren Grandelli, 9, and her brother, Christian, 5, had never heard of Michael Jackson, but Loren thought the zombies were “so cool.”
Their mother, Nicole, said of course she knew the “king of pop.”
“It was my generation,” she said. “I dragged them here. They’re having a great time.”
Sporting a freshly glittered cotton glove, Chicagoan Patti Scheibel and her friend Leah Morgan, a Tribeca resident, posed for a picture with Scheibel’s iPhone.
“As soon as we found out [about the screening] we came down,” Scheibel said.
“I love the drive-in,” Morgan agreed.
Also mugging for the cameras were two Michael Jackson impersonators who travel (separately) to events celebrating the singer.
Jose Martinez wore a white hat and white suit reminiscent of the clothes Jackson wore in the “Smooth Criminal” video. It was a 2001 performance that convinced Martinez to impersonate the singer.
“After that show, that was it,” he explained. He learned to dress and dance like the singer. What dance move was the hardest to learn? “I’d say definitely the moonwalk,” Martinez said.
A few feet away, Pete Carter, from New Jersey, said he has met Jackson six times.
“He’s one of the nicest, most generous guys ever,” Carter said.
ThrillerZombie.jpg

ThrillerZombieCaption.gif
Dressed in a black fedora, tight black pants, white v-neck t-shirt and open button-down short sleeved shirt, Carter was a spitting image of Jackson from the “Dangerous” album.
“I’ve been doing this since I was 8 years old,” he explained. “It takes a lot of time and dedication.”
Once the sun set, people started filling the seats, ready for “Thriller.”
Landis, with his signature beard and glasses, was on hand to introduce the films.
What is it like for him seeing his work after 25 years?
“Showing the making of “Thriller” is like my Dorian Gray,” he said, alluding to the fictional character whose painting ages as the character it depicts stays young.
Just then, a younger, thinner, darker headed man with the same smile and explosive energy appeared on the screen, and Landis, one of the masters of horror, managed to spook himself.
“It’s creepy,” he said.

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/05/02/DD4T10FS4C.DTL

That's just her luck. When Lynne was 17, she and her sister Allison Moorer watched as their estranged father shot and killed their mother, then himself. The next year, Lynne got hitched and spent a decade trying to conform to life as a Nashville new-country drone. After five permed and primped albums, she found starched white shirts, tight blue jeans and Southern matrimony too constricting and retreated to her native Alabama, where she teamed up with producer Bill Bottrell (Sheryl Crow, Michael Jackson) and purged her soul on the country-soul classic "I Am Shelby Lynne." The disc belatedly won her a best new artist Grammy in 2001, but the albums that followed failed to cash in on the buzz.

http://www.nbc6.net/health/16138760/detail.html

Nineteen-year-old Lisa Senecharles is graduating in May, and said she plans on attending Miami-Dade College.

"It's wonderful," she said. "I love dancing with the kids."

There were "Thriller" moments, when some students broke out in a choreographed dance of Michael Jackson's hit song.

Students posed for prom pictures, courtesy of Fox Mar Photography. The guys were decked out in formal wear from Men's Wearhouse.

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/sports/story/0,4136,163803,00.html

Oh Lordy, just the act of typing that line has made my lower lip wobble again.
I always thought that Liverpool had a monopoly on sentimentality, but with Lampard's composure and Avram Grant's version of Michael Jackson's 'Earth Song' on the touchline, there couldn't have been a dry eye in the house.

http://www.mediaweek.com/mw/news/recent_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003798141

Simpson, American Idol winner Jordin Sparks, Rihanna and Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz. Aside from listening to stars' favorite songs (among them, Michael Jackson's "Scream," a recommendation of Simpson's), fans can grab their favorite jukeboxes and post them on their MySpace.com and Facebook.com pages, as well as on RSS readers like iGoogle.

http://blogs-losangeles.metromix.co.../post/2443/When_Doves_Cry_vs_Billie_Jean.html

When Doves Cry vs. Billie Jean

In terms of DJs, few are as deep as New York’s DJ Spinna. The guy’s CV is longer than your iTunes playlist, and his musical knowledge (not to mention record collection) is vast and kind of overwhelming.

Which is why it’s such a treat whenever he brings his celebrated “Soul Slam” party to L.A. Starting the events in 1999 (zing!), Spinna pits Prince and Michael Jackson in a heated dance war, going between the two on the turntables. With all of that funk and energy pouring out of the speakers, most party people within earshot are crammed onto floor and working up a serious sweat. Just to keep it interesting, he'll toss in bizarre cover versions and rare remixes that leave the hardcore music nerds happy.

Tonight is the first time the bash has been held at the Echoplex, and I couldn’t think of a better host. There should be enough room for Prince and MJ fans to peacefully coexist. Although given Prince’s recent brain-melting set at Coachella, the Purple One might have something of an unfair advantage. Party on, y’all.

http://www.dailylocal.com/WebApp/ap...Life/Entertainment/ContentTab_Feature_1991923

Jules Sitruk is a scene-stealer as an ultrachic French exchange student, with his Stray Cats hair and Michael Jackson "Beat It" jacket. And speaking of music, children of the '80s will enjoy the soundtrack, which includes songs from Duran Duran, Siouxsie and the Banshees and The Cure. PG-13 for some violence and reckless behavior. 96 min. Three stars out of four.

Thank you Reeta for doing the weekend thread. :cheeky:

*checks the calendar* Is it weekend already? :mello:

Sorry... :laugh:

Edit. Now it's officially weekend! :punk: :lol:

Last edited:
Re: Weekend News Bytes for May 2-4

^Thanks Dorothy for that Thriller of a Night article. Michael is still a THRILLER after 25 yrs. @ the Tribeca Film Festival. Great venue!

Last edited:

http://www.lsionline.co.uk/news/?-4P8SYG

LC Series for Michael Jackson ballet

00EF0E7268.jpg

Denmark - The Peter Schaufuss Ballet, based in Holstebro, is one of Scandinavia's premiere ballet companies, a top-class touring troupe that was established in 1997 by renowned ballet dancer, choreographer and director Peter Schaufuss. The company tours nationally and internationally with new productions staged every year.
For their latest production, Michael - I'm Bad, a dance biography set to the original music of Michael Jackson that highlights notable moments in the singer's life, lighting and video designer Bo Kudsk Kristensen had the opportunity to incorporate a video element into the show and chose a back wall of Martin LC Series LED panels.
"For 'Bad' we were looking for more of a living set and thought about projectors," Kristensen explains, "but then Martin came out with these great LED panels, which are very bright and easy to work with."
For Bad, 24 LC 1140 panels (1m x 1m) are positioned along a back wall and run custom graphics from a Martin Maxedia PRO media server, including graphical elements the Ballet made themselves.
(Jim Evans)

I know! The whole list is a joke.I posted this at another site too and they thought it was crap too :lol:. If any of you want to e-mail these idiots at Blender lol, here is the address:

your2cents@blender.com.

I just e-mailed them a few mins ago and let them know how awful I thought their list was. I wonder if i'll actually get a reply lol.

I like blender's lists and Michael Jackson has a mention on quite a lot of them. But I wouldn't take them too seriously:

How We Did It
The Genius List was compiled by the Blender staff after much intellectual debate, comparing of respective SAT scores, waving of degree certificates and drunken shouting.
LOL!

Last edited:

Michael is #13 on Blender's Top 50 Rock Geniuses Of All Time

13 Michael Jackson
No longer the king, but back when . . .
Genius credentials: On the landmarks Off the Wall (1979) and Thriller (1982), Michael Jackson transformed dance music into an album genre and busted the color barrier on MTV. His self-disfigurement now overshadows his talent, but today’s pop stars still mimic his every hiccup and twirl — and 2002’s Invincible still showed sparks of greatness.
His peers agree! “What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson — that’s all.” — Elizabeth Taylor
Genius zenith: Thriller (Epic, 1982)

http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=120
Nice that Slander I MEAN BLENDER magazine put him on the geniuses list but could have put him higher and they forgot to add "Who is still a king even if we continue to discredit him as much as possible because of our personal resentment towards this pop icon? Michael Jackson that's all." Btw you guys are off by a year Invincible came out in 2001. And your magazine rude remarks overshadow you even being fair.

Thanks for the news, people.

13 Michael Jackson
No longer the king, but back when . . .
Genius credentials: On the landmarks Off the Wall (1979) and Thriller (1982), Michael Jackson transformed dance music into an album genre and busted the color barrier on MTV. His self-disfigurement now overshadows his talent, but today’s pop stars still mimic his every hiccup and twirl — and 2002’s Invincible still showed sparks of greatness.
His peers agree! “What is a genius? What is a living legend? What is a megastar? Michael Jackson — that’s all.” — Elizabeth Taylor
Genius zenith: Thriller (Epic, 1982)

Are these people crazy?! So who is number one? Do geniuses even exists in music anymore? This is LAUGHABLE!! I was yelling in complete anger just a second ago when I read this trash! Blender can kiss my ass with this ish and who is the King now? Justin? Give me an effing break. And since when did Liz Taylor became MJ's peer? Why can they take a quote from a Will.i.am or Kanye or Ne-Yo?

Anyway, I watched TMZ the tv show and they did something on Jermaine. I do not know if Jermaine was in Vegas or Cali when this video of him was shot. Jermaine did not seem happy when the photogs were bothering him. He wanted them to turn off their cameras. The cameraman put his camera down all the way to a certain area of Jermaine that I felt was inapporiate. Then the paps caught Jermaine leaving some place, getting two cardboards and entering a Rolls Royce that some woman (maybe his girlfriend/wife) was driving and drove away. I thought the whole thing was uncalled for. Even before the cameraman was going to ask Jermaine questions, Jerm told them to go away.

norm isn't bouncing....he's stating what he's been told. he has multiple sources at every major hotel in las vegas along w/ those at radio stations and big wigs all in the city.

it's highly likely that those at the luxor wouldn't dare dream of having mike while those at caesar's would revel in his amazement....to each their own and he's reporting every side of it...it's just that he can't say who's telling him what.

Michael Jackson Mentionings for May 3, 2008:

http://www.411mania.com/music/columns/74404/411-Music-Interview:-Chris-Ball.htm

TONY: Who would you like to collaborate with in the future?

Chris Ball: Andre 3000. I believe, for one, that he's the best rapper in the game. That's just my personal opinion. And he's an entertainer. He makes really good music, for one, which is something that I really look up to, and his swag and demeanor and his artistry is just so left field and it's so him. He's not conforming to what the industry thinks he's suppose to do. It's who he is. And that's what I look up to and those are the type of artists I wanna work with. Michael Jackson is my inspiration. Nobody knows what Michael Jackson was doing, wearing some tight pants with a jacket with 2,000 zippers on it. What was he doing? When you look at his videos and you look at his socks with glitter on them, what was he doing? Nobody was doing that, and it's innovative, it's different, and you're putting yourself out there. What those guys are doing, people are either gonna love it or hate, but they're doing them.

http://www.pennlive.com/lehighvalley-music/index.ssf/2008/05/meet_the_band_not_quite_sure.html

Set list: The band sticks to a mostly original set, including the cuts "My Inner Voice," "Big Bad Dudes," "Total Protonic Reversal" and "Don't Waste My Time."
The band is also known to mix in the occasional Michael Jackson or Mighty Mighty Bosstones cover.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/NEWS01/805030313/1026/news12

The Eagles, whose greatest hits collection eclipsed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the best-selling album of all time and is currently one of the top touring acts in the country, distinguished themselves from nostalgia bands by opening with songs from their new album, "Long Road Out of Eden," beginning with "How Long," which won a Grammy this year for best country song.

http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080503/NEWS01/805030310/1002

Most students at the convention said they enjoyed the performances the most, pointing out Maltrait Memorial School's performance of Michael Jackson's Thriller, and dance performances from the group competition.

http://www.aspentimes.com/article/20080503/COLUMN/236132515

There was one shade of blue under consideration called Walden Pond. While it’s actually a lovely hue, I feared having it cover my bedroom walls would make me feel a little pretentious. After all, I’ve never read any Thoreau. It seemed akin to wearing a Grateful Dead T-shirt if I had never been to one of their shows. Or donning a hat from a race I hadn’t run. Just considering the color reminded me of how I felt when I sported a single Michael Jackson-esque jeweled glove in 1985. Needless to say, Walden Pond didn’t even make it into the Round of 16.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topsto...hing-guru-andrew-lloyd-webber-89520-20403331/

He obviously has a sense of humour - he wants me to sing Michael Jackson's Man In The Mirror. A swift change in the lyrics and I rename it Girl From The Mirror. Ah, that's more like it!
Given that I was only six when Jackson's hit was released, it's not a regular on my iPod. So I frantically download the song and stay up all night learning the lyrics.

http://www.tvscoop.tv/2008/05/tv_review_danci_32.html

Kristi followed that drama with the Cha Cha Cha. The first half I thought was boring, but then the second half (about the time the Michael Jackson sample - "mamasay mamasa mamakusa" - kicked in) was fabulous. Len complained about the choreography, causing Bruno to suggest he move with the times. Len proved Bruno right by saying he's not a big fan of the "boogaloo hip hop dancing". Those kids and their new boogaloo.

http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Geeks-Making-the-World-Better-62846.html?welcome=1209849506

Osaze Riddick, 11, beat the record Wednesday morning with more than 2 million points dancing on an electronic dance pad to Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean," the fifth-grader's favorite song.

Michael Jackson HIStory for May 3, 2008:

1997 - Michael Jackson's single "Blood On The Dance Floor" hit #1 in the U.K.

1997 - Michael Jackson visited Marcel Avram in Munich's Stadelheim prison. Avram was being held on suspicion of tax evasion.

Re: Weekend News Bytes for May 2-4 (Update on post #45 for May 3, 2008)

The Eagles, whose greatest hits collection eclipsed Michael Jackson's "Thriller" as the best-selling album of all time

If that was the case, how come the CD is not in my house? LOL. Whatever.

dont u love it how the media like to change the facts in order to suit their agenda when it comes to mj. gotta love it how the USA sales suddenly become world wide sales to suit their dreams.

There is a one whole page article of Michael Jackson inside a local newspaper.

I will scan it when I am not feeling sleazy.

Last edited:

will scan it when I am not feeling sleazy.

sorry but i had to LOL when i read that. sounds better than sleepy lol presume thats what u ment

Michael Jackson Mentionings for May 4, 2008:

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/186/story/149581.html

Numar the lion may be dead, but there's a 57-acre African Savannah exhibit to help the public remember him. A new children's carousel is coming that will be named after the lion buried right here on zoo grounds. There also is a brand new bald eagle exhibit, a reptile house, a bird aviary, 13 flamingos from pop singer Michael Jackson's Neverland Valley Ranch and many other animals.
These days, the zoo entertains as many as a half-million visitors per year. There is a regular stream of buses with school children coming to see the animals.

http://blog.al.com/scene/2008/05/fergie_looks_great_at_birmingh.html

medium_fergie6.jpg

AP Fergie (born Stacy Ann Ferguson) isn't afraid to evoke Michael Jackson with one glittery glove. She wore it on TV's "Idol Gives Back" special and in Birmingham this weekend.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080504/NEWS01/805040316/-1/newsfront2

Parks couldn't wait to see friends in their dresses at the prom and to dance.
"I want to hear a Bow Wow song," she said.
Jerald "Radio Rasheed" Skinner, a 96 Kix disc jockey, planned to play music from Bow Wow and Michael Jackson. He volunteered to be the prom's DJ.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...g?articleid=1091617&srvc=sports&position=also

Or, the “Janitor Halftime Show” he became famous for at North Dakota State, where he took the floor in janitor garb, broom and all, then morphed into Michael Jackson, dancing all around the basketball court.

http://www.latimes.com/features/printedition/image/la-ig-music4may04,0,5022481.story

Mainstream songsters have always set the trends, but suddenly they're following them: dressing in what sails down the runways -- the same as actresses, reality TV stars and no-talent celebutantes. Long gone are the days when we took style cues from pop stars, donning Madonna's lace gloves or Michael Jackson's white socks and black loafers.

Aaron Walton, co-founder of marketing company Walton-Isaacson, was one of the first to tap into the wider appeal of musicians through sponsorships; he teamed Michael Jackson with Pepsi and Whitney Houston with AT&T in the '80s when most musicians worried that selling out to corporations would end their careers. "Music artists were the last hold-outs," Walton said. "They weren't going to associate their music with brands. Now corporate sponsorships have turned into corporate partnerships. It's gone from artists wearing costumes, to doing more with fashion designers to set the tone and the image."

http://www.parisbeacon.com/articles/2008/05/03/news/doc481c7057dcfe1531955972.txt

The Maypole was danced to a variety of music, inspired by Michael Jackson. The popular flashlight dance included blacklight effects and was set to "Give Me More." "Shut Up and Drive" was the music provided for the traditional tumbling routine. Teachers told the senior girls what they "Wanna Be" and dressed the part of the Spice Girls.

Michael Jackson HIStory for May 4, 2008:

2005 - In Santa Maria, CA, the prosecution rested in the child molestation trial of Michael Jackson. The prosecution's segment took nearly 10 weeks and involved more than 80 witnesses.

my cousin sang that song!!!!!!!
Everytime i hear it i cant stop laughing, i did not know till the other day! and know everytime i hear it i cant stop laughing, anyway going of subject sorry!

sorry but i had to LOL when i read that. sounds better than sleepy lol presume thats what u ment

:innocent: That's all Elusive, that's all ...

But anyway as I have promised before.

One big spread on a local newspaper. I think its fun to read. Harmless article.

bipop.jpg

Rough Translation:

Jackson Works Hard to Save his House
The World's King of Pop is in the process of producing a new album - will return to the international music industry.
By Susan Ahmad.

On the left side:

Full Name:
Michael Joseph Jackson
D.O.B:
29 August 1958
P.O.B:
Gary, Indiana, United States of America
Genre:
R&B, soul, pop, dance-pop, disco, rock, urban, funk, Motown
Profession:
Singer, composer, producer, songwriter, dancer, choreographer and actor

Instrument:
Vocal, percussion and many more.
Status (Becoming Active in the Music Industry):
1967 until now.
Recording Companies:
Motown, Epic, Sony, The Michael Jackson, Inc.
Influences:
James brown, Jackie Wilson, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles, Sammy Davis Jr., Fred Astaire

www.michaeljackson.com

On the right side:

In points ...

• Paragraph 1 - Life is like a wheel. Sometimes you are up and sometimes you are down. Yada yada abracadabra. Mentioned about Michael having problem with his finance and how he is working hard to save his house in Encino.
  • Paragraph 2 - Still on house in Encino.
  • Paragraph 3 - Now on Neverland. Michael Jackson has saved Neverland.
Break. 1.51 am. Headache and sleepy.
  • Paragraph 4 - Put his problems aside, Michael Jackson is preparing to return back to the music industry and to shake the international pop charts once again.
  • Paragraph 5 - For the sake of finishing his new album, Michael has to ban his children from entering his recording studio. (I'm sorry but I think this part is amusing. Having mental image)
  • Paragraph 6 - Michael, with all his effort is doing his best to finish the album. Realize that it is very important for Michael to ban his children so there will be zero interference therefore will not delay the album's production.
Break. 1.55 am. Headache - Episode 2. Toilet.
  • Paragraph 7 - One thing for sure, Michael is doing his best not to have an intimate relationship with any woman until he has finished working out his album. His nanny, Grace has been given notice due to this. (lmao).
  • Paragraph 8 - While Michael is having problems in his life, his legacy has no limit. 25 years and still receiving great supports from his fans. On last 27 April, Thriller short film has been relaunched in Tribeca Film Festival - with estimation of 2000 loyal fans gathered to watch and for the sake of celebrating and remembering Thriller the short film. Thriller - the short film is responsible for creating pop culture not just in America but to the world.
  • Paragraph 9 - Imagine how huge the impact of that short film. The short film has returned to the mainstream in all kind of ways - as dance sequence in an advertisement, film and of course videos in Youtube. In Youtube, we witnessed 1500 prisoners in Cebu Provincial Detention dancing to Thriller as exercise.
Break again. Oh, headache. 2.18 am.
  • Paragraph 10 - Vincent Peterson, in a TV interview said, Thriller can be described as a "Swan Lake in Pop world" (referring to the Ballet Swan Lake). Everyone is learning how to dance to Thriller. Everyone is doing it. The short film was launched on 1983 with duration of 14 min. Won People's Choice Award in USA (1984).
  • Paragraph 11 - Fact - There are no other videos that create such massive impact in the history of world's pop music industry such as Thriller. No one can deny that.
The end. Brain is temporarily out of order. 2.26 am.

Overall its a very positive article. Harmless and really show how amazing Michael Jackson, the King of Pop is.

Sorry for typos whatsoever.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thanks Rebirth and all the others for the news and mentionings.

If that was the case, how come the CD is not in my house? LOL. Whatever.

The Eagles has the best selling album of all time in the UNITED STATES.

Michael Jackson has the best selling album of all time on the ENTIRE PLANET.

But...I guess when it comes to America, the rest of the world doesn't exist, or count.

:)

Last edited:
^^ well of course..

I mean the United States is the CENTER of the world and all... lol!

u never hear..

"Thriller is the best selling album of France"

"Thriller is the best selling album of Iraq"

Thriller is the best selling album of Libya"

why?? Because the United States is the CENTER of the world, and what happens in the U.S. is more important then ANYWHERE else..

That's the way the media and publishing tries to make it look and seem anyways..

It's bull crap

the us think they special...we all know that.

and thriller is even more significant b/c it's by a SOLO artist whereas the eagles b a damn group....

LOL@ Rebirth! Thank you for your rather entertaining translation of the scanned article (Grace has been given notice, indeed! HA!).

Also, you know I love the Eagles, but the US media needs to quit with that shyt about the Eagles outselling MJ. It was a matter of convenience and converting to the digital age. Non of the Eagles' work was available in any other format beside LP and duh, it was a greatest hits compilation.

Not a first run, original project. There should be *** conditioning the sales of the Eagles Greatest Hits for those reasons and they know this.

The utter racism of it all...

Back