Watching TII in NW England (Manchester or Liverpool)

Angel Cake

Proud Member
ok there seems to be similar threads for other watching locations, so hopefully this thread is ok to create.

I mentioned a group fan watching in Manchester or Liverpool as part of the London thread. The list started with 3 people, so here we go. Any one who wants to watch TII with fans in MCR or L'pool, sign your name here and I'll ring up the cinemas :D

1. Angel Cake
2. Clairebear
3. Thriller_MJ

Im in manchester, love love to meet up with other fans to see it, part of me is so happy yet part of me is heartbroken when i stop and realise that this is it really is ...it :(

Just had a thought ..... imagine if odeon at the printworks in manchester put it on the IMAX (15ft) screen :)

you can add me too,i am in chester so it could be manchester or liverpool.pm me if we decide on anything definate.

I live in the area around manchester.. and I know people a few people who would come to manchester or liverpool..

So that's 9 of us so far. If we don't get a screen full, then we need to work the best way to get tickets so we're all together, especially if some people are on thier own. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

hi i will be going with brother, sister and 2 cousins and planning on going to Trafford Centre but could easily make it to Odeon in town. Not sure what day we're going though as i'm going to have to come home from uni (Lancaster) to see it with my family so it will have to be the weekend if I have lectures etc. If it's during the weekend sometime i'll join you

count me an my friend in we are both from Liverpool. would love to watch it with other fans please add me!!

Cineworld in didsbury have it listed under "coming soon" - but odeon don't have it listed, ive emailed odeon (i think another fan on here also tried asking odeon) ... its so weird coz im excited at the thought of seeing this concert / film but at the same time its so heartbreaking knowing even as we watch the trailer ... this will never happen as a real concert ever, and that MJ has really gone .. :(

Guys

Cineworld do venue hire. They hire out screens on a basis of number of seats times cost per seat, so minimum 200 times £6.40. However, I've been told if we do a viewing when the cinema is not normally open, we could possibly get a discount. So I'll see what price I can get. There's no Cineworld in MCR, just Liverpool.

So are we interested in this? If so I guess the more people we get the better - and cheaper!

Let me know your thoughts people. And if you want to go ahead, find some friends to drag along.

This would be so much better than sitting next to folk eating popcorn out for a jolly.

Guys

Cineworld do venue hire. They hire out screens on a basis of number of seats times cost per seat, so minimum 200 times £6.40. However, I've been told if we do a viewing when the cinema is not normally open, we could possibly get a discount. So I'll see what price I can get. There's no Cineworld in MCR, just Liverpool.

So are we interested in this? If so I guess the more people we get the better - and cheaper!

Let me know your thoughts people. And if you want to go ahead, find some friends to drag along.

This would be so much better than sitting next to folk eating popcorn out for a jolly.
hi angel cake liverpool is even closer for me,and there will probably be a few of us in my family going,we should mention it on our myspace or facebook pages or other fansites,so maybe we could get enough people to fill it,let me know how you get on with it,
where can we buy the tickets from,it,s getting close,they go on sale on the 27th of this month,do we buy them online?or at the cinema,does anyone know yet?

Which cinemas are actually showing it? cineworld, odeon, vue?

Just had a thought ..... imagine if odeon at the printworks in manchester put it on the IMAX (15ft) screen :)

Funny you should say that............I had the same idea so phoned them today to ask if they'll be showing, but guess what?? They can't say till midnight on saturday! I keep getting same response from most cinemas i contact, except Fact cinema in liverpool, they say they're not showing it. The guy i spoke to was really nice actually, an MJ fan himself, who said he's been trying to convince them to but had no luck so far.

Hey, just to let you guys know, Angel cake is off the internet at the mo but will hopefully be back on soon, just incase you wondered why she hasnt replied to some of your msgs! I will keep a check on this thread and keep her posted on any more people wanting to meet up. Cheers everyone x

Ok, it looks like the imax (at printworks) ARE showing it!!!! wooooohooo!! So angel cake and I suggest seeing it there on friday 30th october, we are going to book for the time closest to 8pm (after 8, for example if there is a showing for 740 or 830 go for the 830 one). So those of you wanting to join us can book for same time/date and we can all go for quiet drink afterwards to talk? For anyone not able to make it to manchester we are going to see it for a second time in liverpool at the odean in liverpool one on wednesday 11th november time closest to 8pm. Reallly hope we can get a big group together for this. Goodluck everone buying tickets at midnight, hope we are all succesfull. keep a check here for arrangments on where to meet up before the film. lots of love x

Whats the link for the This Is It at the Imax? How do you know its being shown on it?

This just reminds me of gettin tickets for the concert. All these uncertainties n the confusion.

Whats the link for the This Is It at the Imax? How do you know its being shown on it?

This just reminds me of gettin tickets for the concert. All these uncertainties n the confusion.

I just looked on the imax web site and and it had 'This is it coming soon' on there and a count down calender type thing of when tickets go on sale as: 1 day left. If for any reason ive got that wrong (which i dont think i have) we will book for the odean in trafford centre instead, but by the looks of things imax is showing it.

I just looked on the imax web site and and it had 'This is it coming soon' on there and a count down calender type thing of when tickets go on sale as: 1 day left. If for any reason ive got that wrong (which i dont think i have) we will book for the odean in trafford centre instead, but by the looks of things imax is showing it.

Im afraid Im not comin with MJJC. I cant afford it til I get paid Wednesday coz Ive had quite a messy month with nights out and Warehouse Project last night. Shame really, I would of gone with yous too as well as goin with my mates another night.

Im afraid Im not comin with MJJC. I cant afford it til I get paid Wednesday coz Ive had quite a messy month with nights out and Warehouse Project last night. Shame really, I would of gone with yous too as well as goin with my mates another night.

Ah no worries, if you can't make it thats ok but how about you see if your mates wanna come with us too? The more the merrier. That way you only have to pay out once and can be with your mates and mjjc-ers at the same time when you watch it, just a thought. Anyway, hope you get tickets and enjoy the film wherever you may be. It's gonna be such mixed emotions, i'm excited but also really apprehensive, i'm all over the place!x

Back