Was Mr. Michael Jackson a Christian?

#applehead24

Proud Member
Country
United-States
As a Christian myself, I would love for everybody on the Community to come to see Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Sadly, I know that will never happen but I would still love to here your opinions about what you think he believed.
If I remember correctly (please don't quote me) he used to be a Jehovah's Witness but got kicked out, please correct me if I'm wrong.
A friend of mine has shared a video with me that I believe to be quite insightful.
I'm new to making forums, so if the link doesn't work the video is called "When Michael Jackson accepted Jesus (Real Testimony) 3 weeks before his death."

After Michael left the Church of Jehovah's Witness, he didnt really follow any one religion or go to Church on a regular basis. He was a spiritual person, who practiced mediation and was knowledgeable about many different religions from Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and various other religions.

Fans like to project their own views and beliefs onto a fantasy image of Michael which is very far from the reality of who he was.

I know his brother Jermaine alleged that MJ was considering converting to Islam but I pray that he accepted the Gospel. It's hard to accept that fact that only him and God know. ❤️

If he did everyday will be the best day of his life from June 25, 2009 and on :)

I LOVE this forum #applehead24 🤗

Last edited:
After Michael left the Church of Jehovah's Witness, he didnt really follow any one religion or go to Church on a regular basis. He was a spiritual person, who practiced mediation and was knowledgeable about many different religions from Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity and various other religions.

Fans like to project their own views and beliefs onto a fantasy image of Michael which is very far from the reality of who he was.
I appreciate your insight on Michael. I LOVE that he experimented with different religions because it made him able to identify and relate better to his world and figure out his identity. I think his intellectual and spiritual side is sometimes downplayed or made obscure when it can be considered the backbone to who he was. There's truth to your last sentence - I think sometimes fans forget that we simply admire him and are not him - even though it sounds a little backhanded :(

He wasn't kicked out of the Jehova's Witnesses - he left when they disfellowshipped LaToya and tried to make him shun her and continued to pick a part his music and art.

He mentioned Jesus and God a lot.

I would rather burn in hell than waste my time on some man-made religion.
It's very telling that these religious fans like to claim Michael was this or that and hoping that he was associated to their own beliefs..

He grew up famously as a Jehovah's witness but to me, he was a man of no religion, yet managed to attract fans of all ages and every religion, there was no boundaries.

He wasn't kicked out of the Jehova's Witnesses - he left when they disfellowshipped LaToya and tried to make him shun her and continued to pick a part his music and art.

He mentioned Jesus and God a lot.
Leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion reproved Michael Jackson's occult/supernatural imagery (such as, his 'Thriller' music video), his on stage magic visual effects, his sexually suggestive dance moves, the way he was dressed, and so on.

Michael Jackson was becoming an embarrassment to the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, and thus he was asked (by its leaders) to leave that religion.

It's very telling that these religious fans like to claim Michael was this or that and hoping that he was associated to their own beliefs..
It's normal. There are people out there who won't read a book or listen to a song if the person doesn't vote the same way they do.

I would rather burn in hell than waste my time on some man-made religion.
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you mind telling why you believe Christianity is a man-made religion and why other religions may not be?

Please take this with a grain of salt because this may not be 100% correct this is just what I have gathered

He was raised Jehovah's Witness as we all know that but left the religion at the start of the "Bad Era" in 1987 because they wanted him to quit his musical career.
After that it's been said (even by himself in 1995) he was spiritual more so than religious and he kept God in his life but didn't practise in any organised religion as such and was a more relationship with God over religion kind of guy or at least that's what I got from his interview with Lisa Marie in 1995.
He was believed to have similar beliefs likewise to his younger sister Janet which was believing in God but not organised religion after they both left JW in the 80s.
Some may say he accepted Islamic faith later in life and converted to Islam like his older brother Jermaine did. But I think it was more so a consideration than him actually converting.
Some may also say that he converted to Christianity not long before his passing.
For all I know, nobody might know what religion Michael Jackson was or if he was religious at all but he definitely believed in God and it is just unclear as to what religion he was or if he was any religion at all.

As someone who has a relationship with God but doesn't practise organised religion, sometimes I may read the Bible and I believe that Jesus was real.
Michael could have accepted Jesus and it is apparent that in fact Michael indeed read the Bible.
But I am not sure if he ended up being Christian or Muslim.
For that, God only knows.

Please take this with a grain of salt because this may not be 100% correct this is just what I have gathered

He was raised Jehovah's Witness as we all know that but left the religion at the start of the "Bad Era" in 1987 because they wanted him to quit his musical career.
After that it's been said (even by himself in 1995) he was spiritual more so than religious and he kept God in his life but didn't practise in any organised religion as such and was a more relationship with God over religion kind of guy or at least that's what I got from his interview with Lisa Marie in 1995.
He was believed to have similar beliefs likewise to his younger sister Janet which was believing in God but not organised religion after they both left JW in the 80s.
Some may say he accepted Islamic faith later in life and converted to Islam like his older brother Jermaine did. But I think it was more so a consideration than him actually converting.
Some may also say that he converted to Christianity not long before his passing.
For all I know, nobody might know what religion Michael Jackson was or if he was religious at all but he definitely believed in God and it is just unclear as to what religion he was or if he was any religion at all.

As someone who has a relationship with God but doesn't practise organised religion, sometimes I may read the Bible and I believe that Jesus was real.
Michael could have accepted Jesus and it is apparent that in fact Michael indeed read the Bible.
im reading you.

MJJC: This is kind of random, but did Michael ever express any interest in Islam or becoming a Muslim? There were many rumors swirling around in the months after his death that said he was a Muslim

Jermaine Jackson: Michael did not convert to Islam. He was curious about it and I gave him many books to read about Islam. I write in the book how, during his 2005 trial, he returned to the Kingdom Hall to pray. It's fair to say that he died a Jehovah's Witness.

As long as you have a relationship with Jesus that’s all that matters. Don’t ever follow religion

Leaders of the Jehovah's Witnesses religion reproved Michael Jackson's occult/supernatural imagery (such as, his 'Thriller' music video), his on stage magic visual effects, his sexually suggestive dance moves, the way he was dressed, and so on.

Michael Jackson was becoming an embarrassment to the Jehovah's Witnesses religion, and thus he was asked (by its leaders) to leave that religion.
Yes they did reprove of Thriller and Smooth Criminal etc but they didn't kick him out. Michael wrote a letter asking to be disassociated from the religion.

They reported on it in Watchtower.

Yes they did reprove of Thriller and Smooth Criminal etc but they didn't kick him out. Michael wrote a letter asking to be disassociated from the religion.

They reported on it in Watchtower.
I didn’t know he wrote a letter, I thought they voted him out. You learn something new everyday 😁

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you don't mind me asking, but would you mind telling why you believe Christianity is a man-made religion and why other religions may not be?
every religion is man-made
Religions were invented by animals with large brains to give structure to their species.
A concept that is becoming less and less important in civilized areas these days

Last edited:
Back