Warning for fans who are wanting to go to the cemetary next week....

Did you read they are planning on filming the burial? Thats a bit sick, and I would think and hope they'd have sense not to do that.

I hope that's not true. I'd be so angry to think that they've delayed the burial for this documentry. Michael deserves so much more than that.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Jacksons, but this is sick. How could they allow cameras to film what should be a private, family based event? I don't think they understand that this will be the last time Michael's body is above the earth (providing they don't move him again), it's not a chance for them to show off how broken their family is without him.

It's not fair on Michael and it's certainly not fair on the children. They really don't need to see footage of their father being buried again and again, it's just not right.

I hope that's not true. I'd be so angry to think that they've delayed the burial for this documentry. Michael deserves so much more than that.
Don't get me wrong, I love the Jacksons, but this is sick. How could they allow cameras to film what should be a private, family based event? I don't think they understand that this will be the last time Michael's body is above the earth (providing they don't move him again), it's not a chance for them to show off how broken their family is without him.

It's not fair on Michael and it's certainly not fair on the children. They really don't need to see footage of their father being buried again and again, it's just not right.

Amen!

And I do hope that they technically don't "bury" him - Michael expressed he does not want to be in the ground.

I hope that the Jacksons created him a mausoleum fit for a king. And I'm hoping that's the delay - and not the darn A & E show. :(

Can media really show up considering it's going to be guarded and I think the point of this announcement was rather than having paparazzi's following them from their home to the burial site to get it out in the open stating it's private and guarded. Paparazzi's are legal stalkers and once they figure out where you're going and what you're doing, they notify all their sources.

they said when they announced it they would accomodate the media. thats why they announced it. u dont make a statement telling everyone the time and date if u want privacy. i find it distaseful how fans get all the warnings and get told to stay away or else. yet the media get invited along. but then again u had friedman and the likes sat in that memorial so there u go.

Selling

What I'm saying it's very hypocritical for the family to demand privacy and at the same time hawk an A & E Jackson Reality show based on the brother's "grieving Michael" - it's exploitative and heinous.

I can imagine it now - Joe and Jermaine crying like banshees at Forest Lawn while the A & E cameras keep rolling. All the while they demand "privacy." It's a crock and beyond disrespectful to Michael and his children.

I don't see a thing about Forest Lawn mentioned here-

The A&E network has confirmed that the Jackson family reality special will be expanded into a full series that will reportedly feature some footage of late family icon Michael Jackson. According to an Associated Press report, A&E confirmed that what was once intended as a one-hour special focusing on the other members of the family will now be a full series that will show the Jacksons dealing with the fallout from Michael's death.

A spokesperson for A&E could not be reached for comment at press time, but the network had previously confirmed for MTV News that the one-hour special focusing on brothers Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie and Tito as they prepare for a reunion tour was scheduled for air within the next few months and that, depending on ratings, it could turn into a series.

Michael Jackson: A Life In Photos

The AP reported that filming on the special wrapped in June, shortly before Jackson's death on June 25, and that the self-proclaimed King of Pop did not participate in the production. In a clip aired on Tuesday night on "Entertainment Tonight," family matriarch Katherine Jackson was shown at home relaxing with Jermaine, Jackie and Tito. But despite previous comments to the contrary from A&E, a correspondent for the "ET" said the Jackson program would feature the "entire Jackson clan," hinting that "sources tell us that Michael also participated in the filming."

A spokesperson for A&E said "ET" obtained the footage without A&E's consent.

Variety also reported that Michael appears in the footage. One of the show's producers, Jodi Gomes, told the paper that the brothers considered axing the show but decided to move forward on it and use it as an outlet to "communicate with their fans."

Gomes said the family had been courted for a reality series for the past five years, but the timing was never right. "We got together last summer and started to plot out the 40th-anniversary plans, and we decided it was time to do a show," she said. "But we made sure to go to a network where we could make Emmy-worthy TV." She added that a major focus of the hourlong series will be the impact of Michael's death on his family, alongside footage of the individual brothers performing solo, recording in the studio and possibly taking part in the upcoming reunion shows. She also said filming will continue next month.

A&E has not confirmed the series run and has not announced a date for the airing of the pilot.

they said when they announced it they would accomodate the media. thats why they announced it. u dont make a statement telling everyone the time and date if u want privacy

Maybe they knew that they were going to be followed no matter what? If you are a private citizen then sure but this is the Jackson family and life is handled differently when you have to consider the fact that the press are going to be around you no matter if you want them to or not. So you have the option of not saying anything but being followed anyway then having a swarm of people show up without your approval but just having to deal with it anyway because you're a public figure.

Then you have to take fans into consideration and let them know that he is going to be buried.

true but i think the real issue is asking for privacy yet openly inviting the media to this "event" u cant have it both ways it should have been done quietly with no announcements and they could have had all the privacy they want but even now it seems some want attention right till the very end.

But on the other hand, if they tried to do it privately, and fans and media found out, it would all end up in chaos, with no protection. You can't have cops everywhere and someone not find out what's going on. I think they just wanted to be honest and announce when it is so that people can stop speculating about "buried or not buried...and where?", and also announce it's going to be private so that people will know fans and other peopel are not welcome because they wish to have privacy. On the other hand...how do we know for sure what their plan is? What if they are announcing the date to throw everyone off and already had the burial in peace because everyone has set their eyes on September 3rd now? Who knows.

But on the other hand, if they tried to do it privately, and fans and media found out, it would all end up in chaos, with no protection. You can't have cops everywhere and someone not find out what's going on. I think they just wanted to be honest and announce when it is so that people can stop speculating about "buried or not buried...and where?", and also announce it's going to be private so that people will know fans and other peopel are not welcome because they wish to have privacy. On the other hand...how do we know for sure what their plan is? What if they are announcing the date to throw everyone off and already had the burial in peace because everyone has set their eyes on September 3rd now? Who knows.

Wow, we posted at the same time with same type of thoughts.

Good! something getting done right, the last thing the Family need is a Mob of obsessed fans running a riot in the place, it should be a private matter

Agreed. I really hope media and others will stay away, but I think some will still try to get near. Its possible that the media could report from the outside of Forest Lawn on the burial.

Did you read they are planning on filming the burial? Thats a bit sick, and I would think and hope they'd have sense not to do that.

It doesn't say that in the article so I don't know where you are getting that from. Showing them grieving isn't the same thing as filming the funeral.

"The one-hour pilot will air on A&E within the month, likely with a reference at the end that Michael passed away, followed by segments that will be shaped into either 30 or 60-minute episodes."

So, if this article is 100% correct, the original documentary will likely be the pilot. Then the new footage they are filming will be used for separate episodes.

If they decided to have a burial without notifying anyone the fans would be in an uproar. My guess is that they want the fans to know so that we too can pause for thought and pay our own private respects at the same time.

I don't know if I buy that. They could have released a statement afterwards telling us he has been buried and still arranged to have security present on the actual day. That would have been fine. But, they've made their decision and as you said we don't know what kind of conversations they've been having (or everything that factored into their decision), etc.

Oopps.. i wasn't implying id read that. I was asking another poster if that was what they had read, because the poster was saying the jacksons don't want privacy, they just want to keep the documentary deal exclusive. I was just asking what they had read about the doc.

I don't see a thing about Forest Lawn mentioned here-

The A&E network has confirmed that the Jackson family reality special will be expanded into a full series that will reportedly feature some footage of late family icon Michael Jackson. According to an Associated Press report, A&E confirmed that what was once intended as a one-hour special focusing on the other members of the family will now be a full series that will show the Jacksons dealing with the fallout from Michael's death.

A spokesperson for A&E could not be reached for comment at press time, but the network had previously confirmed for MTV News that the one-hour special focusing on brothers Marlon, Jermaine, Jackie and Tito as they prepare for a reunion tour was scheduled for air within the next few months and that, depending on ratings, it could turn into a series.

Michael Jackson: A Life In Photos

The AP reported that filming on the special wrapped in June, shortly before Jackson's death on June 25, and that the self-proclaimed King of Pop did not participate in the production. In a clip aired on Tuesday night on "Entertainment Tonight," family matriarch Katherine Jackson was shown at home relaxing with Jermaine, Jackie and Tito. But despite previous comments to the contrary from A&E, a correspondent for the "ET" said the Jackson program would feature the "entire Jackson clan," hinting that "sources tell us that Michael also participated in the filming."

A spokesperson for A&E said "ET" obtained the footage without A&E's consent.

Variety also reported that Michael appears in the footage. One of the show's producers, Jodi Gomes, told the paper that the brothers considered axing the show but decided to move forward on it and use it as an outlet to "communicate with their fans."

Gomes said the family had been courted for a reality series for the past five years, but the timing was never right. "We got together last summer and started to plot out the 40th-anniversary plans, and we decided it was time to do a show," she said. "But we made sure to go to a network where we could make Emmy-worthy TV." She added that a major focus of the hourlong series will be the impact of Michael's death on his family, alongside footage of the individual brothers performing solo, recording in the studio and possibly taking part in the upcoming reunion shows. She also said filming will continue next month.

A&E has not confirmed the series run and has not announced a date for the airing of the pilot.

This is the same A & E special that Michael backed out of months ago - and A & E nixed it because Michael won't be in it.

And of course the press release hints at Michael appearing in it - that's the reason why anyone would watch. The "last moments" with his family and then show them all going to the cemetery

And "filming will continue next month" - Sept 3 is now the new date for the "burial."

Oh, this is going to be a car wreck in the making.

Why couldn't they wait until AFTER Michael's body was laid to rest?

This is beyond fame-wh*ring - it's dancing on someone's grave. Heinous and exploitative are the only words I can think of.

WHERE IS THE RESPECT FOR MICHAEL AND HIS CHILDREN!???!?!?!???

I hope it is private and everything that is befitting to Michael.

aybe they knew that they were going to be followed no matter what? If you are a private citizen then sure but this is the Jackson family and life is handled differently when you have to consider the fact that the press are going to be around you no matter if you want them to or not. So you have the option of not saying anything but being followed anyway then having a swarm of people show up without your approval but just having to deal with it anyway because you're a public figure.

yeah i could understand that if it had happened in the days after the memorial where u prob had media stalking out forest green but i doubt thats the case now.he could have been moved and done easily imo. the burial area is inside no where near the entrance nothing can be seen. i just find it all off putting thats all. as normal the fans get warned off like they are some raving animals with no respectfor mj. i find that insulting especially at this time yet the media get welcomed with open arms. and that i feel by inviting the media its the last chance for some to get some attention yet in the same breath telling those that stood by him and loved him to feck off. and no i dont think fans should be there b4 anyone says.i find the whole thing distastefull. yet more footage of convoys and coffins. when it could have been done very different. u even had randy talking to TMZ saying what the plans were . why? and the reality show extention is making money while they can cause once this is over and the dust settle no one will care about them again until they give an inerview to some tabloid about mj.this whole things makes me feel sick i shouldnt even be in this thread.

This is the same A & E special that Michael backed out of months ago - and A & E nixed it because Michael won't be in it.

And of course the press release hints at Michael appearing in it - that's the reason why anyone would watch. The "last moments" with his family and then show them all going to the cemetery

And "filming will continue next month" - Sept 3 is now the new date for the "burial."

Oh, this is going to be a car wreck in the making.

Why couldn't they wait until AFTER Michael's body was laid to rest?

This is beyond fame-wh*ring - it's dancing on someone's grave. Heinous and exploitative are the only words I can think of.

WHERE IS THE RESPECT FOR MICHAEL AND HIS CHILDREN!???!?!?!???

I hope it's not what you are thinking because yeah that is just wrong. :(

The only thing I can say is, don't watch! From articles I've read, it will turn into a series if ratings are high so don't watch however, I'm not even going to pass judgement on the entire family.

It's going to be a circus, there'll be nothing "private" about this funeral.
There will be no "quiet" with helicopters circling around and crowds and media everywhere on the outskirts. A&E cameras will probably be filming the burial with the family and to do it at 7pm...why? better lighting for the cameras? Sunset lighting?
I'm so disgusted by all that's been done to him.

There will be no "quiet" with helicopters circling around and crowds and media everywhere on the outskirts. A&E cameras will probably be filming the burial with the family and to do it at 7pm...why? better lighting for the cameras? Sunset lighting?

If that IS the case, screw that reality series. I'm not watching it.

I hope it's not what you are thinking because yeah that is just wrong. :(

The only thing I can say is, don't watch! From articles I've read, it will turn into a series if ratings are high so don't watch however, I'm not even going to pass judgement on the entire family.

I hope it's not that way either - but if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.... then it's a duck.

What happened 3 days after Michael died? Joe Jackson selling "BLOO-RAY Technology." The gall and the chicanery was revolting.

And when I heard that they moved the date - and then coincidentally this A & E reality show is announced?

1 + 1 = 2, connect the dots.

Now you see why I'm so "grrrrrrr" about this.

they said when they announced it they would accomodate the media. thats why they announced it. u dont make a statement telling everyone the time and date if u want privacy. i find it distaseful how fans get all the warnings and get told to stay away or else. yet the media get invited along. but then again u had friedman and the likes sat in that memorial so there u go.

Wasn't Ms Dimond at the memorial too :doh:

Yeah I agree that the fans basically get threatened to stay away. If they don't want us there, they could at least be a bit nicer about it 'well we know you want to come, but we're sorry it's not possible, hope you understand..', not ' Grrrrr you won't even get to see the grass'

uh, that was the cops who said that or tmz who implied that. not the jacksons.

sorry but have u ever been to a fan event w/ the whole family? fans, in excitement don't know how to act. this is worse, theman is gone now.

just b/c ur a fan doesn't mean u can impose urself onto the family or onto a service that they want to keep private.

after it was stated he would be buried at f.l., it was only a matter of time. doesn't matter that they said when, cuz it would've been obvious. the security and cops would be there and more crowds would've showed.

so this is their way of saying 'don't even think about it'

Selling

What I'm saying it's very hypocritical for the family to demand privacy and at the same time hawk an A & E Jackson Reality show based on the brother's "grieving Michael" - it's exploitative and heinous.

I can imagine it now - Joe and Jermaine crying like banshees at Forest Lawn while the A & E cameras keep rolling. All the while they demand "privacy." It's a crock and beyond disrespectful to Michael and his children.

I have to agree with this. You don't plead with the media "to respect your privacy and let you grieve" and then go blabbing to Larry King or whatever tabloid media outlet that is willing to pay you at the same time! *cough Joe cough cough Jermaine cough Latoya cough*
The family cannot have it both ways, I'm sorry to say.

of course i have been to a fan event with the family present over the past 13 years of being a fan plus i was in the court room enough times, im just a pretty chilled person and i dont get hyped up over celebrities. i just think its all abit over the top and it always has been im like calm down man hes just a person, as he is gone its just flesh anyway

Everything about this whole A&E show filming at the burial is an ASSUMPTION. First, would Katherine agree to this? VERY doubtful, she's always been super protective over Michael, no one can deny that. Why would she be so protective of him in life, but not in death? She knows that Michaels children are going to be there, so far she has done a lot to protect her grandchildren, and all the sudden she is going to let a reality show film this while the children are there? Uh ok...Also, where Michael will be laid to rest is a VERY VERY VERY private place, people bury their loved ones there to rest in peace. It clearly states that when he will be is reserved for family and members of the staff. They would have to get okay from how many people's family to allow these cameras in there. Do I think that they will be filming the actual ceremony HELLLL NO! Do I think they will be milking Michael's death for this show, OH YEAH!

of course i have been to a fan event with the family present over the past 13 years of being a fan plus i was in the court room enough times, im just a pretty chilled person and i dont get hyped up over celebrities. i just think its all abit over the top and it always has been im like calm down man hes just a person, as he is gone its just flesh anyway

OMG you are one of the luckiest persons ever!!

I think the fans should not go to the cemetery. I think this something that should be reserved for close fans and family. His public memorial was for all of his fans. His burial is for family and we all should respect the families wishes.

the show was filmed prior to his death. they'll add some clips to show them grieving but honestly, it's not like his kids are gonna berunning in front of the camera.

if this is what they want, it's their perogative. and on et they said that they do have footage of mj. he did participate a little bit w/ the show.

and the cops aren't there for privacy. they're there for safety. if they wanted it to be b private, they wouldn't have announced his burial until after it happened. they want protection.

This is exactly what I was going to say, filming for the show started before MJ's death it is NOT as a result of his death.

i think its just fine that they decided to have the the funeral private and keep fans away. i also think that some fans might feel that its not fair bc they want to say good bye to michael but i think the best way is to just place flowers at Neverland like that have been doing since he passed. I just hope all goes well the day they lay michael to rest. its a hard reality to face thats for sure. very hard.

Back