Warning for fans who are wanting to go to the cemetary next week....

ElleBella

Proud Member
Michael Jackson Burial Triples in Price

Posted Aug 27th 2009 2:00AM by TMZ Staff

Michael JacksonThe Jackson family's decision to move Michael's burial from a Saturday to a Thursday is gonna cost some serious dough -- at least three times the original price!

According to the Glendale police, the cost for for the weekend service would have ran about $50,000 -- 90% of which goes to police handling street closures, security and perimeter control.

But officials say the Jackson family will now have to fork over "at least triple the price" to contract the cops for a weekday burial.

As for the cemetery, we're told it will be on total lockdown -- with security patrolling from the ground and from the air. At least one police chopper will be keeping an eye from the sky.

And just to prove the cops mean business, Sergeant Tom Lorenz is warning uninvited fans, "Don't even try and come, because you won't even be able to see the green of the Forest Lawn"

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0PO2f8MBI

Good! something getting done right, the last thing the Family need is a Mob of obsessed fans running a riot in the place, it should be a private matter

What exactly makes you think this is because the Jackson Family wants privacy?

Joe Jackson just brokered a deal with A & E to film the Jackson brothers' grippling with Michael's death:

Insiders say that A&E is moving forward with more episodes that show the Jacksons coping with Michael's death and handling the day-to-day struggles in their own lives.

A deal for the series hasn't been fully ironed out, but the original agreement was for a pilot with provisions for a series, so the show will go on.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ries_to_show_them_grapplin.html#ixzz0POSkEjSr

They gave the exclusive to A&E - so of course, no cameras.

BOYCOTT the A & E spectacle & BOYCOTT the Vienna show!

What exactly makes you think this is because the Jackson Family wants privacy?

Joe Jackson just brokered a deal with A & E to film the Jackson brothers' grippling with Michael's death:

Insiders say that A&E is moving forward with more episodes that show the Jacksons coping with Michael's death and handling the day-to-day struggles in their own lives.

A deal for the series hasn't been fully ironed out, but the original agreement was for a pilot with provisions for a series, so the show will go on.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ries_to_show_them_grapplin.html#ixzz0POSkEjSr

They gave the exclusive to A&E - so of course, no cameras.

BOYCOTT the A & E spectacle & BOYCOTT the Vienna show!

look Joe, La Toya and Jermaine may want to use this as an opportunity for themselves but .... Katherine, the kids, janet and the vast majority of the family wants privacy in grieving.

but i have to agree , like you I am appalled that some in MJ's family are so selfish that they would use this tragedy for their benefit. but i still have to support the vast majority of the family.

willing to bet baby sis janet won't have anything to do with the show.

So then WHY is Katherine allowing this to happen?

Why is Michael's body not put to rest yet?

My only conclusion is because of this new A&E deal. No other reason.

And it sickens me that his family (excluding Janet and Michael's children) would do this to him.

A reality show that some of them are taking part in is a bit different from wanting a circus around at the moment your child/brother/uncle/daddy is being put in the ground to rest.

A reality show that some of them are taking part in is a bit different from wanting a circus around at the moment your child/brother/uncle/daddy is being put in the ground to rest.

I understand your point. And I thought the same exact thing as you did until I read about the A&E deal in the NY Daily News.

I don't put anything past Joe Jackson, and some of Michael's siblings, particularly Jermaine. The are dancing on Michael's grave, LITERALLY.

If there was more public access, let's say like Princess Diana or Celia Cruz' funeral, it loses the exclusivity value for A & E. So now with the A&E deal in place, of course they have to have it "private."

Same like when celebrity wedding photo rights are sold to a magazine. No one can take pictures nor film any part of it. Why? Because the couple sold the rights to their photos.

I am thoroughly and profusely livid over this A & E deal. Michael backed out of it - just around the same time he backed out of performing with his brothers to do the TII concerts. They even sued Michael over that not too long ago!

So no, I'm not buying this "the Jacksons want privacy" bit.

the show was filmed prior to his death. they'll add some clips to show them grieving but honestly, it's not like his kids are gonna berunning in front of the camera.

if this is what they want, it's their perogative. and on et they said that they do have footage of mj. he did participate a little bit w/ the show.

and the cops aren't there for privacy. they're there for safety. if they wanted it to be b private, they wouldn't have announced his burial until after it happened. they want protection.

Did you read they are planning on filming the burial? Thats a bit sick, and I would think and hope they'd have sense not to do that.

EDIT - i wasn't implying id read that. I was asking another poster if that was what they had read, because the poster was saying the jacksons don't want privacy, they just want to keep the documentary deal exclusive. I was just asking what they had read about the doc...

hope that clears that up

Last edited:
Did you read they are planning on filming the burial? Thats a bit sick, and I would think and hope they'd have sense not to do that.

From what the NY Daily news link above - it seems like they are going to film additional episodes since the show was reformatted to deal with the brothers "grieving" Michael.

So yeah, I think this is another Joe Jackson Production of unadulterated chicanery.

I cannot understand how they could even consider a 'fly on the wall' show of them grieving. It sickens me the way La Toya and Tito have cuddled up to the very tabloids who slag Michael off both before and after his death.

It is a betrayal.

so when is the burial then? not on his birthday?

No, after it was announced Michael's body would be laid to rest on his birthday, Joe Jackson announced that they changed it to September 3rd.

Maybe it's to get his "BLOO-RAY Technology DVDs" (reference to awful BET Awards) ready.

Regardless, it's all BS. They did it like that because of the A & E deal.

So sad that they are dancing & money-grabbing even over Michael's grave.

I understand your point. And I thought the same exact thing as you did until I read about the A&E deal in the NY Daily News.

I don't put anything past Joe Jackson, and some of Michael's siblings, particularly Jermaine. The are dancing on Michael's grave, LITERALLY.

If there was more public access, let's say like Princess Diana or Celia Cruz' funeral, it loses the exclusivity value for A & E. So now with the A&E deal in place, of course they have to have it "private."

Same like when celebrity wedding photo rights are sold to a magazine. No one can take pictures nor film any part of it. Why? Because the couple sold the rights to their photos.

I am thoroughly and profusely livid over this A & E deal. Michael backed out of it - just around the same time he backed out of performing with his brothers to do the TII concerts. They even sued Michael over that not too long ago!

So no, I'm not buying this "the Jacksons want privacy" bit.

I wouldn’t label and blame Jackson’s family at this point because they had to do private autopsy expertise. Private lawyers and investigators are not cheap ether. And more expenses will come in the future.

Good! something getting done right, the last thing the Family need is a Mob of obsessed fans running a riot in the place, it should be a private matter

My thoughts exactly. As much as we all love Michael...we should respect the family's privacy and let them bury their loved one in peace. There's a time and a place for being a "fan". (Have first hand experience...my dad was DYING in the hospital and our friend, who is a celebrity, came to say goodbye to my dad....and the nurse started asking for autographs and was just completely out of line...He had to leave quickly because people made it impossible for him to stay. The last thing anyone needs when a loved one or a friend is DYING or is being buried, is being harrassed by fans....you just wanna be with close family and friends and able to grief in peace.)

I wouldn’t label and blame Jackson’s family at this point because they had to do private autopsy expertise. Private lawyers and investigators are not cheap ether. And more expenses will come in the future.

The private autopsy & lawyers etc, have nothing to do with what I am saying.

They make this whole ordeal of privacy - even a threat from the LAPD chief for fans not to show up.

Yet some of the Jackson siblings sign an A & E reality show deal which was reformatted to film them "grieving."

Put 1 + 1 together.

So then WHY is Katherine allowing this to happen?

Why is Michael's body not put to rest yet?

My only conclusion is because of this new A&E deal. No other reason.

And it sickens me that his family (excluding Janet and Michael's children) would do this to him.

The only reason you exclude them is because they are more famous than the rest.

U need to quit!

The only reason you exclude them is because they are more famous than the rest.

U need to quit!

Maybe I should.

But nothing shakes the feeling of how WRONG it is to demand privacy yet Mr. Joe & Brothers signs a reality show based on the "grieving."

It doesn't feel right. I would've preferred that they nix the whole project out of respect for Michael and his kids.

i dnt get it if they what privacy WHY state the time and date, they should hv done it quietly and told us about it afterwards IMO

It really is getting tiresome now the way fans are continually passing judgement on the family. No one knows what is being said behind closed doors, the conversations that the family are having, the decisions they are making. So what if you dont agree, let the family do what they need to do, they are grieving, they are looking for answers, all the while they are trying to work out how to move forward for themselves and their children, as well as Michaels.

If they decided to have a burial without notifying anyone the fans would be in an uproar. My guess is that they want the fans to know so that we too can pause for thought and pay our own private respects at the same time.

I hope the burial doesnt have the hoopla and goes to plan in the way the family want it.

Maybe I should.

But nothing shakes the feeling of how WRONG it is to demand privacy yet Mr. Joe & Brothers signs a reality show based on the "grieving."

It doesn't feel right. I would've preferred that they nix the whole project out of respect for Michael and his kids.

That is ridiculous. They deserve privacy for this. I really don't think it's private for reality show reasons.

I'm thinking tabloids are pissed off about it. They too feel entitled to get their million dollar pictures.

Why are you trying to paint a picture of greed amongst the family's reasons for privacy?

true but i think the real issue is asking for privacy yet openly inviting the media to this "event" u cant have it both ways it should have been done quietly with no announcements and they could have had all the privacy they want but even now it seems some want attention right till the very end.

true but i think the real issue is asking for privacy yet openly inviting the media to this "event" u cant have it both ways it should have been done quietly with no announcements and they could have had all the privacy they want but even now it seems some want attention right till the very end.

Can media really show up considering it's going to be guarded and I think the point of this announcement was rather than having paparazzi's following them from their home to the burial site to get it out in the open stating it's private and guarded. Paparazzi's are legal stalkers and once they figure out where you're going and what you're doing, they notify all their sources.

That is ridiculous. They deserve privacy for this. I really don't think it's private for reality show reasons.

I'm thinking tabloids are pissed off about it. They too feel entitled to get their million dollar pictures.

Why are you trying to paint a picture of greed amongst the family's reasons for privacy?

Selling

What I'm saying it's very hypocritical for the family to demand privacy and at the same time hawk an A & E Jackson Reality show based on the brother's "grieving Michael" - it's exploitative and heinous.

I can imagine it now - Joe and Jermaine crying like banshees at Forest Lawn while the A & E cameras keep rolling. All the while they demand "privacy." It's a crock and beyond disrespectful to Michael and his children.

Back