VOTE 4 Michael - MTV VMAs' 10 Best Performances Ever

Re: MTV VMAs' 10 Best Performances Ever

Voted. It looks like you can vote as many times you want. :)

Done :D

Michael Jackson in 1995 | 34.46%

Britney Spears in 2001 | 25.61%

Lady Gaga in 2009 | 23.88%

Ok, I'm embarrassed to say how many times I voted lol. :shifty:

Voted a few times. :D objectively and subjectively, MJ's perf is definitely the best.

Voted, Michael is at 35.69 % now.

Michael Jackson : % 100 Music & Dance

Britney & Lady Gaga : % 80 erotism - % 20 Music & Dance...

This is a poll where I can vote for Michael with a clear conscience!(?non-alcoholic beverage)

I do wish my beloved Taylor was doing a bit better though.

gaga, spears, swift, eminem... all the b-stars... seriously? LOL :hysterical:
and where is bieber? :hysterical:

where the hell are the legends besides michael jackson and madonna?

gaga, spears, swift, eminem... all the b-stars... seriously? LOL :hysterical:
and where is bieber? :hysterical:

where the hell are the legends besides michael jackson and madonna?

Eminem is a legend. :)

mjchris;3892686 said:

Code:
Eminem is the best-selling artist of the 2000s (decade) on the US Nielsen SoundScan, and has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide to date, making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world.

He has totaled over 2 billion views on his music videos on his official Vevo page on YouTube.

Eminem was ranked 83rd on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

He was also named the Best Rapper Alive by Vibe magazine in 2008.

In December 2009, Eminem was named the Artist of the Decade by Billboard magazine.

In 2010, MTV Portugal ranked Eminem as the seventh biggest icon in pop music history.

During 2010, Eminem's music generated 94 million streams, more than any other music artist.

Also according to Billboard, Eminem has two of his albums among the top five highest selling albums of the 2000s (decade). In the UK, Eminem has sold over 12.5 million records.

Eminem has also sold more than 33 million track downloads and 40.9 million albums in the United States alone.

Including his work as a part of groups, Eminem has achieved ten No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200, seven solo (five studio albums, two compilations), two with D12 and one with Bad Meets Evil.

Eminem has had 13 number one singles worldwide. His albums The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP, and Encore ranked as the 3rd, 7th, and 40th best-selling albums of the 2000–2009 decade respectively by Billboard magazine.

In August 2011 Eminem was named "The King of Hip-Hop" by Rolling Stone. The magazine looked at solo rappers who released music between 2009 and the first half of 2011 by analizing their album sales, rankings on the R&B/hip-hop and rap charts, YouTube views, social media, concert grosses, industry awards and critics' ratings,and the data accumulated named Eminem the king of the time period.

:)

Eminem is a great artist far from a B star. Everyone on the planet knows Michael Jackson is the greatest of all time. He is in a category of its own. Eminem is legend right up there with PAC. There are other great artist in this world. That's why music is a international language.

Dorian;3892688 said:
Code:
Eminem is the best-selling artist of the 2000s (decade) on the US Nielsen SoundScan, and has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide to date, making him one of the best-selling music artists in the world.

He has totaled over 2 billion views on his music videos on his official Vevo page on YouTube.

Eminem was ranked 83rd on Rolling Stone magazine's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

He was also named the Best Rapper Alive by Vibe magazine in 2008.

In December 2009, Eminem was named the Artist of the Decade by Billboard magazine.

In 2010, MTV Portugal ranked Eminem as the seventh biggest icon in pop music history.

During 2010, Eminem's music generated 94 million streams, more than any other music artist.

Also according to Billboard, Eminem has two of his albums among the top five highest selling albums of the 2000s (decade). In the UK, Eminem has sold over 12.5 million records.

Eminem has also sold more than 33 million track downloads and 40.9 million albums in the United States alone.

Including his work as a part of groups, Eminem has achieved ten No. 1 albums on the Billboard 200, seven solo (five studio albums, two compilations), two with D12 and one with Bad Meets Evil.

Eminem has had 13 number one singles worldwide. His albums The Eminem Show, The Marshall Mathers LP, and Encore ranked as the 3rd, 7th, and 40th best-selling albums of the 2000–2009 decade respectively by Billboard magazine.

In August 2011 Eminem was named "The King of Hip-Hop" by Rolling Stone. The magazine looked at solo rappers who released music between 2009 and the first half of 2011 by analizing their album sales, rankings on the R&B/hip-hop and rap charts, YouTube views, social media, concert grosses, industry awards and critics' ratings,and the data accumulated named Eminem the king of the time period.

:)

you only talk about sales. but what a legend made is also unique performances, videos. incredible things. its the creativity, the unique that makes a legend. i never heard something special he did that looked legendary. only that he made stupid jokes about michael jackson in a video. that is not legendary. to me he is more like a court jester that made jokes about everything. i don't take him seriously.
next is that someone says he is an icon.

and when someone like rihanna or swift have a lot of these cheap downloads, that eminem also have, that makes here a legend? you know that the charts since 2000 are not the same and simply a cheating system, manipulated by the radio stations and record companies?

i understand what u want to show with this chart history. but in my personal opinion these chart sucesss, not only partly eminem, also from various artists from the last over 10 years, is not the truth.

Last edited:

Voted, YAY Michael is winning totally deserved. :clapping:

Eminem a legend? :blink:

I'd believe it from Run DMC, Tupac and Biggie, not him. How some of you can be fans of him despite his misogynistic lyrics and how he used Michael and Elvis to mock and to have lots of attention? He's an attention who.

Voted, YAY Michael is winning totally deserved. :clapping:

Eminem a legend? :blink:

I'd believe it from Run DMC, Tupac and Biggie, not him. How some of you can be fans of him despite his misogynistic lyrics and how he used Michael and Elvis to mock and to have lots of attention? He's an attention who.

"Eminem is a legend" a MJ fan say!? ... I'll never forgive him for this

People need to get over that. It's not like I can't enjoy Eminem for a song he did years ago. I don't think it was even his idea with the video.

He's also an MJ fan. I'm done with this subject on here.

Yes, looks like he was a part of "destroy Michael" project...

A legend does what he/she believes...

If I was a rapper and fan of MJ, nobody can force me to make like this video.. Sorry, I don't believe that he is an MJ fan.

Last edited:

lol Eminem is hardly serious in his music (except his later stuff) and videos. Lyrically, he is THE BEST modern rapper after PAC & Biggie no doubt about that. Keep in mind he was also high on drugs back then and he was kidding because thats what he meant as a joke. At least he's not like Gene Simmons who personally trashes MJ in the media. Regardless if you believe Eminem trashed MJ on a serious personal level or not is irreverent. Eminem is a legend in his own right. The sales back this up.

Back on subject...
Yup MJ should win this if the fans keep spamming lol how long is the poll open?

I watch the performance more than any other of his tv performances, gotta love the Billie Jean segment those moves :)

Eminem is a huge hypocrite. He'll make fun of all these different artists but when Weird Al Yonkovic wanted to do a parody of his song Lose Yourself Eminem said no because he was scared that Weird Al's parody would make him look like a joke.

Eminem. He can dish it out, but he can't take it

Regardless if you believe Eminem trashed MJ on a serious personal level or not is irreverent. Eminem is a legend in his own right. The sales back this up.

I totally believe he trashed Michael on purpose. He joined to the let's mock Michael, make him look like a weirdo and put him down bandwagon just few months after that disgusting mockumentary came out. A true fan wouldn't do that and like Michael himself said, he never attacked a fellow artist because it's disrespectful. I haven't get over it and I bet many more either, problem with that?

Sales back it up? Macarena is the 3rd most selling single of all the time with 14 millions and does it make it legendary? Hell no, it's a crappy song. Performers need to be hugely influencial, have a huge impact musically to deserve being a legend.

If he is a legend and an MJ fan as you said; so he must have some power to remove/delete that video right!?

How kind of legend is he that can't decide his videos...

I'm not a huge hip-hop fan so Eminem is hardly on my radar as an artist, but there's nothing funny about kicking someone who is down. That's all I'm gonna say about Eminem.

I love Michael's performance. I think Stevie Wonder wasn't happy with Eminem either with that video. All I will say is that if that was suppose to be a joke or funny it wasn't.

OMG!!!! :woohoo:
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
tumblr_m8pgrqJ7QC1r6kpk7.gif
kermit.gif

Eminem aint no legend that is for sure

Back