VIDEO: Michael Autotuned To Create “Take Me Away”

I still don't understand why the estate would shut this down..If they were really worried about people thinking Michael actually sang this then couldn't they have just put a disclaimer saying "This is 100% fan made, Michael Jackson did not sing this song, everything taken from other songs." or something? :unsure:

Besides the Cascio issue (which I won`t bring up as I`m seething enough already), "putting words in Michael's mouth" is not true to his art, original intention, or legacy." ....hmmmm...but it was ok for Teddy Riley to change MJ`s bridge in Hollywood Tonight, I suppose, among other f*cked things they`ve done in Michael`s name......w...t...f...

You took the words outta my mouth, was gonna say the exact same thing. smdh.
I'm still pissed at how they could leave out Michael's original lyrics and use Teddy's words instead. If they only decided to ADD some lyrics to the existing ones, I might've been able to live with it, but to REPLACE Michael's vision with Teddy's, is unacceptable. Full stop.

With this, we know it's not Michael's vision. It's a fan-made tribute. They released Hollywood Tonight to us and at first, we were all under the impression that it was Michael's vision. Then of course it turned out Teddy Riley fucked up the song to meet his standards. The Estate don't know anything it would seem...

It's quite obvious to me that Nathan Jay has only good intention when he started this project. I don't see how he has intention to profit from this song. He made it clear that Michael Jackson had nothing to do with the composition. The song is created using autotuned Michael Jackson a cappella. So, this song is a fan made song. Nothing more. Nothing less. It's done in a much more transparent way than the offical releases.

Fans enjoy the song and are pleasantly surprised by Nathan's creativity. While I understand the MJOnline team has a responsibility to ensure Michael's works are not being exploited, I don't see how it is necessary for them to ask Nathan to take off his work. There are tons and tons of malicious video clips that ridicule Michael on youtube. I'd rather the MJOnline team focuses its effort to getting them removed instead.

'......and while we appreciate your creativity....'

This fan made song is much, much more creative than what the Estate has done with all three posthumous videos so far..They need a little (ok A LOT) creativity infused into the posthumous work they've released so far...I've had it with the Estate...

Same with Birchey's mix of Hollywood Tonight...THAT was done with pure love and creativity and stayed as close to Michael's vision that we know of...The Estate can use a few pointers, that's for sure....

^^I hope people take our critics as constructive criticisms, rather than "complains"... Seriously, Birhchey made a better mix. Some fans created better covers. And now, Nathan Jay made a more creative video. All these fans have more limited resources than Sony. Could you imagine if Birchey is able to work at the state-of-art studio that Teddy Riley worked at?

^^I hope people take our critics as constructive criticisms, rather than "complains"... Seriously, Birhchey made a better mix. Some fans created better covers. And now, Nathan Jay made a more creative video. All these fans have more limited resources than Sony. Could you imagine if Birchey is able to work at the state-of-art studio that Teddy Riley worked at?

Honestly, I really don't care if others call us 'complainers'...If they can't see by now how hypocritical and lazy the Estate really is, I don't know what else to say lol

I agree about Birchey or other fan made songs, remixes, or videos....I don't even listen to the album version of Hollywood Tonight - Birchey's trumps all and I can FEEL Mike in that song MUCH more than in the album version...

The difference is all in the LOVE....That's all....Plain and simple.

Last edited:
The estate cancelled it when they realized that they couldn't make any money off of it.

You are all right. I never listen to the Album mix of Hollywood, i always choose Bircheys mix becuase it wasnt f'ed up by anyone. They had the bridge lyrics....read thoose instead of making your own...geez. It's not fair, i feel that Nathan made a very good tribute. It was original and visually creative.

You took the words outta my mouth, was gonna say the exact same thing. smdh.
I'm still pissed at how they could leave out Michael's original lyrics and use Teddy's words instead. If they only decided to ADD some lyrics to the existing ones, I might've been able to live with it, but to REPLACE Michael's vision with Teddy's, is unacceptable. Full stop.

Which part exactly was changed? Lyric wise etc? I haven't done much research into many of the 'Michael' tracks. I know in Birchley's mix there's a lovely little spacey guitar solo where it follows the tune?

Last edited:
Yea i have the full take me away. The spoken bridge was changed. The guitar in bircheys mix is were the mj bridge should have gone

^^ Apparently Michael had a bridge written full out. But Teddy decided to go for a more 'positive' approach...You know, cuz Michael wasn't trying to send an important message out or anything...Ugh, it just makes me so mad....Birchey's mix is just amazing..that guitar solo gives it a somber feel to the song which is exactly what it needed...to show this girl's dire situation...I mean, giving hot tricks to men just to get in...she's only 15....this isn't a glorification of Hollywood...

^^ Apparently Michael had a bridge written full out. But Teddy decided to go for a more 'positive' approach...You know, cuz Michael wasn't trying to send an important message out or anything...Ugh, it just makes me so mad....Birchey's mix is just amazing..that guitar solo gives it a somber feel to the song which is exactly what it needed...to show this girl's dire situation...I mean, giving hot tricks to men just to get in...she's only 15....this isn't a glorification of Hollywood...

So was Taryll's spoken bridge not what Michael intended? I'm a little confused.. Was Birchey's guitar solo not in the original? Does anyone have access the original lyrics?

Gonetoosoon;3444388 said:
So was Taryll's spoken bridge not what Michael intended? I'm a little confused.. Was Birchey's guitar solo not in the original? Does anyone have access the original lyrics?

No, it wasn't Michael's intention at all...Teddy wrote the bridge on the album version...The guitar solo was apparently done by Birchey's brother in law...
Here is the thread on Hollywood Tonight, from Joe Vogel's book..

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/t...ve-Inside-Michael-Jackson%92s-%93Hollywood%94

Here are the lyrics, including Michael's original written bridge...

Hollywood Tonight
based on a true story

Lipstick in hand
Tahitian tanned
In her painted on jeans

She dreams of fame
She changed her name
To one that fits the movie screen
She's headed for the big time, that means

She's going Hollywood
She's going Hollywood tonight
She's going Hollywood
She's going Hollywood
It's true, that you, may never ever have that
chance again

West bound Greyhound
To Tinseltown
Just to pursue her movie star dreams

She's giving hot tricks to men
just to get in
When she was thought that that's not clean
Because she's only fifteen

She's going Hollywood
She's going Hollywood
She's going Hollywood
It's true, that you, may never ever have that
chance again

She's streetwalking at her age
She's so young and she's afraid
She sold her body to get paid
It's too much for a girl her age
Police is stalking her today
They now know she ran away
She is running home she's scared
All she can do now is pray

She doesn’t even have a ticket
She doesn’t even have a way back home
She’s lost and she’s alone
There’s no place for her to go
She is young and she is cold
Just like her mother told her so

^^Thanks Arky.

Compare the above lyrics to the album version and the official video, the producers managed to turn this tragic cautionary tale into a girl-make-it-big story.

In the album version, the line "because she's only fifteen" was left out. Michael recorded that line.

I really hope Teddy Riley has nothing to do with the next album. Before this mess, I thought he was a good producer.. it seems that he's only good with Michael looking over his shoulder and guiding him through the process.

Nathan Jay autotuned this copy and paste tribute song because he had to. Teddy Riley autotuned Hollywood Tonight to make it sound like he wanted it to sound, not how Michael left it.

Sorry for getting off topic, but I think it would be best for no more albums of unreleased material to be released. This "Take Me Away" mess has proven to me yet again that the Estate do not know what is good for Michael and his legacy.

His lyrics seem so good....they could have used them. THEY COULD HAVE! sigh. oh well. good job Teddy thanks for f'ing up.

and is there a reason i cant acess the Hollywood tonight page?

This "Take Me Away" mess has proven to me yet again that the Estate do not know what is good for Michael and his legacy.

Agreed...The funny thing is the Estate actually boast that they do know best for Michael's legacy...Nothing could be further from the truth..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kplQiEm0fqk

Here's the link to the new FULL instrumental to the track which was planned. The planned artwork/sketches can be seen there too. It's only allowed to be posted because it doesn't have Michael's name on it anymore.. or his voice. For what it's worth I reckon this is a fantastic, brilliant instrumental. Have a listen. I hate the Estate.. They haven't got Michael's best interests at heart at all..

I've got this on MP3 so if people want it I'll send it to them.

Gonetoosoon, PLEASE send me mp3 of this song! I'm so want to hear it. It's really great!

[youtube]g1HTyrCOYyI[/youtube] I am loving this.

"Take me some place different
somewhere by the ocean
and not return to the city
and all its' bad emotion

i dont wanna live
i dont wanna live
in the rain no more

i just wanna go
i just wanna go
where it's always warm

come on and
take me away