USHER - new video - OMG; what if MJ had such a (brand new) song

The thing is that people like it, and its NO.1 at Billboard..., so... the taste of MJs fans would be different (from your comments now) IMO if Michael released such a song... (I personally like the idea if MJ released such a song...)

This is a new era of that sound... after hip-hop and rap..., now its "dance pop"...

The thing is that people like it, and its NO.1 at Billboard..., so... the taste of MJs fans would be different (from your comments now) IMO if Michael released such a song... (I personally like the idea if MJ released such a song...)

This is a new era of that sound... after hip-hop and rap..., now its "dance pop"...
But I don't get it! WHO is buying his albums!? I don't know ANYONE who either LIKES him or BUY his albums! Everyone I know think he sucks and that he is a joke, even girls.

The commercial here in Norway goes like this "Justin BIEBER! OVER 80 MILLIOIN on youtube! This kid is the hottest right now and you don't wanna miss it! Get his album now!"

-.-'

Edit: You know, the views he get on youtube isn't actualyl people who wants to listen to him. It's people who passed the link to friends saying "OMG LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS CRAP, WTF".

Edit: You know, the views he get on youtube isn't actualyl people who wants to listen to him. It's people who passed the link to friends saying "OMG LISTEN TO THIS GUY, HE IS CRAP, WTF".

The worst thing is that lots of people really their music.
My younger sisters are literally wild over Justin Bieber, they're singing his songs for days on end

There you go. Young sisters, I bet they are 9-13.

A week ago, me and my friend went for a walk. Then we met some kids and the little girl (around 7-8-9?) sung "Baby Baby Baby Ooooooooo" while rubbing her chest.

I was disturbed.

There you go. Young sisters, I bet they are 9-13.

A week ago, me and my friend went for a walk. Then we met some kids and the little girl (around 7-8-9?) sung "Baby Baby Baby Ooooooooo" while rubbing her chest.

I was disturbed.

LOL
My sisters are 12 and 15. I just lost my tongue when they say that Justin is going to be bigger then Michael because his music is better and "at least he didn't do any surgery" or something like this UUUUGGGH

... would you like it...?
Can you see the similarities with MJs style in dancing and outfits...?

everybody always bodying usher yes he no king of pop yes we get that already but when he pays honor to his Idol i show so much love to usher always many copy MJ style and many never give him his pops. OMG is a serious problem in the streets my favorite joints off usher album is there goes my baby and daddy's home.

Who cares if this got #1? It's a great achievement for Usher, and I'm happy for him. But if MJ did similar work I would definitely not be a big fan of his work. Dare I say that will not even buy this album if it had MJ in it. Besides, MJ can top the charts with good, melodic music as well.

I like this song.. really much.. It grew on me.. But this ain't a MJ joint.. It would be different, I'm sure.

Can't be the next MJ: Usher

American artist Usher feels he can' take over Michael Jackson's title as the 'King of Pop' but nonetheless he is a "worldwide pop icon".

The 'OMG' hitmaker was delighted when Jay-Z recently said he is the perfect artist to fill the void left by the death of Michael Jackson last June, but admits 'King of Pop' is a hard title to take on, Daily Star reported.

"I've been doing this 18 years now and my icon is well on its way. Michael was doing it for 50 years and that's something I'd like to grow towards. At the same time, I am one of a kind, a worldwide pop icon. I think Jay is correct. Thanks, Jay!," Usher said.

The 32-year-old star also insists that he likes touring Britain as people are less conservative about nudity here, than in his native US.

"You guys are more open. You embrace life and the human anatomy more,usher said.

Usher's OMG is exactly the sort of 'here today, gone tomorrow' tripe I was worried about MJ making when I heard he was working with will.i.am.

Usher on OPRAH:

Usher vows to be an icon like *****
http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/825452-usher-vows-to-be-an-icon-like-*****
Usher has claimed he is well on his way to being an icon.

The US superstar, whose latest album Raymond V Raymond is taking fourth spot in the charts, would like to fill the void left by Michael Jackson, who he is inspired by, and is pleased after Jay-Z tipped him to be the man to do it.

"I've been doing this 18 years now and my icon is well on its way," he told the Daily Star.

"Michael was doing it for 50 years and that's something I'd like to grow towards. At the same time, I am one of a kind, a worldwide pop icon."

Jay-Z was so impressed with Usher's tribute to the late King of Pop at the Grammy Awards that he predicted a glittering future for him.

He told Access Hollywood: "I thought the Michael Jackson tribute was fantastic and I thought Usher was doing a magnificent job. I think he's one of the guys that's in line to fill those huge shoes."

If whateverhappens50 won't say it, i will. With the risk of being totally unpopular - I LOVE IT. As a matter of fact, i love it so much i could scream it from both rooftops i have lol. I remember commenting on it in the Usher thread a few weeks back. I was told then there already was a thread about the video, but i see this one was only started yesterday. Anyways...

I actually love pretty much all of Will's work, especially his most recent one and both he and Usher did a great job on the song AND in the vid as well. It's a very energetic song, very danceable and very funky, if y'all ask me, not that anybody did lol.

I would also caution anyone against speaking for Michael. We don't know how he might have felt about such a song. All i can do is speak for myself and say that had he sung something like this, i mos def would love it. :D

Ok, so the lyrics aren't the deepest eva; i'll grant y'all that. But you know what? One cannot always be saving the world and sing about the torment of being miserable, there is a time and a place for everything and this was one awesome occasion to just get down and boogie. Nothin' wrong with it, as far as i'm concerned.

*ducks and runs for her life fearin' all the stones from the crowd and trips on one stone on the road*.......but then i gets up, as always :cheeky:

I totally agree with you! I love it. :)

Its sad that Michael can not dance and entertain crowds anymore.
and its really "sad" that Michael didnt perform so many times as these artists to present himself on TV and .... for us to have tv moments... like this.

i love how some of you guys believe the tabloids when it comes to other artists.

usher has been nothing but humble to michael and doesn't deserve some of this disrespect.

usher is a modern r'n'b icon, love it or hate it, its true :)

Last edited:
i love how some of you guys believe the tabloids when it comes to other artists.

usher has been nothing but humble to michael and doesn't deserve some of this disrespect.

basically that's life you feel me

If Usher sells 100 mill. copies of one of his albums, if he receives 700 (worldwide) awards, if he has 4 albums (Thriller, dangerous, Bad, Off the Wall, and HIStory) in TOP20 of best selling albums of all time, if he gets more Guinness world records than MJ, if he has more fans and fan communities in almost every country including countries like Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, India... + Africa, if he attracts 4,5+ mill. people on his solo tour, if he earns 1 billion dollars just from his music sales, if he is celebrated and glorified as Michael Jackson globally ..., maybe then he will be ICON like Michael Jackson

But sorry, it will never happen!!!

BTW, have you seen other "Ushers" in Asia, in South America... they are "ICONS" in their regions, but only because Usher is an American artist it doesnt mean he is a global icon.

the problem generally is that American artists are so overrated and considered as something special, and the only global stars... presenting them as a typical example of consumption/demand of our modern society and we have to absorb Americanism as our ideology and standard of ... what?

Last edited:
If Usher sells 100 mill. copies of one of his albums, if he receives 700 (worldwide) awards, if he has 4 albums (Thriller, dangerous, Bad, Off the Wall, and HIStory) in TOP20 of best selling albums of all time, if he gets more Guinness world records than MJ, if he has more fans and fan communities in almost every country including countries like Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, India... + Africa, if he attracts 4,5+ mill. people on his solo tour, if he earns 1 billion dollars just from his music sales, if he is celebrated and glorified as Michael Jackson globally ..., maybe then he will be ICON like Michael Jackson

But sorry, it will never happen!!!

who said he was an icon LIKE mike? damm sensitive much lol

anyone with half a brain knows he's not gonna be lol but he's carved out his own legacy, and will remembered in years to come, relevant still, maybe? maybe not? who knows but he is an icon to many young and old people, including me :D

who said he was an icon LIKE mike? damm sensitive much lol

anyone with half a brain knows he's not gonna be lol but he's carved out his own legacy, and will remembered in years to come, relevant still, maybe? maybe not? who knows but he is an icon to many young and old people, including me :D

not us, but the articles on the net... are presenting Usher as... King of pop, anyway, such articles were here one, two, 5 years ago... as well as with Justin, I expect they will report about Justin Bieber the same nonsense.

I totally agree with you! I love it. :)

Thanks, feels good to know i ain't alone in this.

Totally agree with you, especially the highlighted parts duhhh lol. Thanks for them vids, hadn't had the chance to see them yet, but will get to them soon; i bet they rock.

i don't even count usa radio number 1's as anything, anymore, because the programmers and dj's got too envious of MJ, and didn't want to play his stuff on radio anymore, after awhile. so..a radio number 1 is, how a programmer feels when he gets up in the morning.

but..no..between the way autotune is used, here, and the beat..i don't know anyone who wouldn't trash MJ if he released something that sounds like this...

but since usher released it, i'm sure critics will think it's the reinvention of the wheel. and, of course, since it isn't MJ..programmers will feel secure enough to play this song on the radio.

but, usher always admitted to wanting to style after MJ. and he gives mj props, so, i appreciate usher.

i don't even count usa radio number 1's as anything, anymore, because the programmers and dj's got too envious of MJ, and didn't want to play his stuff on radio anymore, after awhile. so..a radio number 1 is, how a programmer feels when he gets up in the morning.

but..no..between the way autotune is used, here, and the beat..i don't know anyone who wouldn't trash MJ if he released something that sounds like this...

but since usher released it, i'm sure critics will think it's the reinvention of the wheel. and, of course, since it isn't MJ..programmers will feel secure enough to play this song on the radio.

but, usher always admitted to wanting to style after MJ. and he gives mj props, so, i appreciate usher.

Yeah you make a good point, I don't doubt that at all!

Explain me this, please.

radios are only about Music and artists, how can be DJs - too envious of MJ, and didn't want to play his stuff on radio anymore?

MJs songs (at least several of them) are always IN and in demand, so they dont play music people/listeners want to listen to?
Or just because a programmer or a DJ thinks MJ is too weird for their radio? Then its a personal issue and bias, and this is unacceptable. (the fact is that Michael was isolated from radios from 1993 to 2009 and thats why all other artists replaced him on the air as a favourite artist)

Last edited:
If Michael had put out this song/video, people would say he's "fallen off" and is a shell of his former self. Usher/Brown (pre-scandal)/JT can put out songs like this, though, and people will say it's "hot" and that they are "this generation's Michael Jackson."

Explain me this, please.

radios are only about Music and artists, how can be DJs - too envious of MJ, and didn't want to play his stuff on radio anymore?

MJs songs (at least several of them) are always IN and in demand, so they dont play music people/listeners want to listen to?
Or just because a programmer or a DJ thinks MJ is too weird for their radio? Then its a personal issue and bias, and this is unacceptable. (the fact is that Michael was isolated from radios from 1993 to 2009 and thats why all other artists replaced him on the air as a favourite artist)

An DJ can decide not to play a certain person on their station if they like (much as you see happening with Chris Brown). Because of the allegations against MJ, many DJs decided to basically black ball him from the radio. And songs like TDRCAB, which many thought was offensive was banned as well by some stations.

Back