USHER - new video - OMG; what if MJ had such a (brand new) song

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
... would you like it...?
Can you see the similarities with MJs style in dancing and outfits...?

BTW, add your comments that even Usher is trying... he will never be the King Of Pop, even he could reach the most No.1s hits in the US.

this is Ushers 9th No.1

It's an OK club banger, but I would be SO disappointed if MJ's unreleased material was just at the quality. It's great that usher has 9 No.1 hits, but honestly I don't see why this is very important.. I mean are No.2 suddenly of lesser quality or something?

It's an ok song, and it's classic usher but... yeah, people should stop trying so hard to compare him to MJ.. that's just absurd.

It's an OK club banger, but I would be SO disappointed if MJ's unreleased material was just at the quality. It's great that usher has 9 No.1 hits, but honestly I don't see why this is very important.. I mean are No.2 suddenly of lesser quality or something?

It's an ok song, and it's classic usher but... yeah, people should stop trying so hard to compare him to MJ.. that's just absurd.

Exactly right..:yes:

Songs like that come and go, nothing unique.
I think the song is boring, video has nothing, some guy who's spinning around between some ladies, there is some kind of trick where he's flying, but nothing really magic. (like Remember the time, spinning to dust)
Obviously you can see some moves inspired by MJ, because that's the way Usher does 'his' thing.

hi Asis ..do you think its classic usher ?:thinking:
i think its will i am inspired /influenced [all the way through the lyrics i mean..i know will i am is in the vid :lol: ]
i agree with the "tryin so hard to compare him to MJ :yes:

Last edited:
<object width="480" height="270"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xd7rrf_imh-leno-live_webcam"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/video/xd7rrf_imh-leno-live_webcam" width="480" height="270" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object>

I used to like Usher but he's been going down with his last albums. And I'm so tired everyone's using the autotune.

Now he's copying way too much MJ imo.

hi Asis ..do you think its classic usher ?:thinking:
i think its will i am inspired /influenced [all the way through the lyrics i mean..i know will i am is in the vid :lol: ]
i agree with the "tryin so hard to compare him to MJ :yes:

I'm not a big fan of Usher so i might be wrong. But he always comes up with this style of club bangers (yeah for instance) That's what I meant.

This is one of the lamest tracks on the album, Its too techno/house for Usher but he needed a track like this and it worked he scored his 9th uk number 1 since burn in 2004, the video is lame too, who's that dancer chick who looks like Amber rose? lol, his next singles are 'guilty' and 'there goes my baby' btw thats the only song that has auto-tune

OK for a club song, yes. But the song itself is crap. Auto tune is for losers. Why the h*ll should Usher use autotune/weird effects? We know he can sing.

Anyway, this is a typical todays radio shit song.

Michael wouldn't have anything to do with a song like this, its ok, but its not got the WOW factor that all of his songs do, this is just typical music of today, nothing special or unique about it, way below MJ's standards...

It's a really bad song, if you can call that a song. It's so... messy. No melody. It sounds like 2 or 3 songs spliced together. I'm really disappointed.

Last edited:
I used to like Usher but he's been going down with his last albums. And I'm so tired everyone's using the autotune.

Now he's copying way too much MJ imo.

he's copying EVERYTHING. Jason, like rihanna before, has yet to come up with some original material. The first single "whatcha say" was just a sample.. Now there is nothing wrong with that in itself but when the only decent thing about the song is the sample... well that certainly says something.

About this performance, the dancing is bad MJ impersonation and the song is a really horrible and shameless "Just Dance" rip off. He has potential, but so far he's just fail IMO.

Usher is my boy, but this song is just no...I hate how everything nowadays has a club mix beat to it. What ever happened to the real music. Music died with MJ. :(

In few months to a year
no one will even remember this song

The video is so so also not even near Mj quality
plus MJ would make a short film not just a dance video

I like Usher but this is nothing special in my opinion
certainly nothing to compare to MJ .. sounds like a club mix

If Usher can be successful by trying to rip off Michael's style.....he can go right ahead...the song is just meh...I know he's capable of better....we all know the music has died...

I like the song, but i guess it's only because of the good rhytm (i'm a dancer), so that's the only thing..
I don't think the song in general i mean the lyrics, are great, they are really horrible and Michael wouldn't make a song like this.... I'm also disappointed in usher, 'cause it's not what kind of music he use to make although, i love his new album it's great.

If whateverhappens50 won't say it, i will. With the risk of being totally unpopular - I LOVE IT. As a matter of fact, i love it so much i could scream it from both rooftops i have lol. I remember commenting on it in the Usher thread a few weeks back. I was told then there already was a thread about the video, but i see this one was only started yesterday. Anyways...

I actually love pretty much all of Will's work, especially his most recent one and both he and Usher did a great job on the song AND in the vid as well. It's a very energetic song, very danceable and very funky, if y'all ask me, not that anybody did lol.

I would also caution anyone against speaking for Michael. We don't know how he might have felt about such a song. All i can do is speak for myself and say that had he sung something like this, i mos def would love it. :D

Ok, so the lyrics aren't the deepest eva; i'll grant y'all that. But you know what? One cannot always be saving the world and sing about the torment of being miserable, there is a time and a place for everything and this was one awesome occasion to just get down and boogie. Nothin' wrong with it, as far as i'm concerned.

*ducks and runs for her life fearin' all the stones from the crowd and trips on one stone on the road*.......but then i gets up, as always :cheeky:

Last edited:
Seen the same thing last night justin whatshisface bieber and Ushers videos both of em doin moonwalk and the 360 spin MJ does in there new videos.. They'll never dance like him or be him so why even try....

I don't like it too. No melody, not a shred of power, just an average pop song

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Uu3kCEEc98&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5Uu3kCEEc98&hl=nl_NL&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really like Usher, but I can't stand this song. It is so sophomoric. I liked Hey Daddy better. No I cannot imagine MJ doing a song like this. I know just the unique quality of MJ's voice elevates a song, but if his songs with Will are like this, then no thank you.

Back