Update: NOW STREAMING / Hold My Hand - the video (discussion)

Tears.

I liked the video although I do think some of the cuts were too fast.

Obviously, a video this positive, that reflects Michael's beliefs and even features him for a sec with a baby, is gonna attract low criticisms. I'd be actually surprised if they show it often.

Obviously, a video this positive, that reflects Michael's beliefs and even features him for a sec with a baby, is gonna attract low criticisms. I'd be actually surprised if they show it often.

well we shouldn't give a damn! people will always be idiots, it is unstoppable. I am glad that there is that part with him holding a baby, let us not forget how caring and loving he was for all the children of the world. The ill-minded will never stop with the slander.

SC05, I know, Rolling Stone is the worst magazine ever. A bad excuse for using paper.

The Video is absolutely LOVE-ly. :heart:

Altho I do agree with a few criticisms in here (quick pace, no shots of MJ actually holding someone's hand, etc.), I feel it conveys the words of the song very well which is the main point for me...an anthemic message/connection.

Thanks to the director, Michael, and everyone else who made the song and vid come to life. :flowers:

As for all the symbolism/messages and whatnots going on in the song, I think it's always interesting to see how ppl interpret things based on their own experience or what speaks to their eyes and heart. There aren't any wrong answers in art, imo.

As for the ending with the puddle, I see lots of ppl thinking of it as a rain puddle...and at first sight I'm sure I instantly thought the same. But having the 2nd and 3rd viewings, I saw that puddle of water as possibly a representation of tears...as if someone had been standing/kneeling over his star (the star being a representation of Michael) and had cried their eyes out. The reflection of the flower could be something the visitor (the shoe that walks in the water) left behind as someone would do when visiting a gravesite to pay their respects. The reflection looks like a dying dandelion at first glance (and could be) but it could also be a lonely flower whose reflection is being distorted by the ripples.

:)

Stunning video. The bit at the beginning reminds me of what happens when we do the London meetups when we release baloons and write messages on a sky latern and send them off to Michael. The tears are definitely flowing. I love you Michael.

Great video!

I could've wept in the first 10 seconds before the song even started! Lovely idea of his silhouette on the buildings. Love it!

Great video. Love the intro and when someone shouts "come back" :(

The ending is very sad :(

The Video is absolutely LOVE-ly. :heart:

Altho I do agree with a few criticisms in here (quick pace, no shots of MJ actually holding someone's hand, etc.), I feel it conveys the words of the song very well which is the main point for me...an anthemic message/connection.

Thanks to the director, Michael, and everyone else who made the song and vid come to life. :flowers:

As for all the symbolism/messages and whatnots going on in the song, I think it's always interesting to see how ppl interpret things based on their own experience or what speaks to their eyes and heart. There aren't any wrong answers in art, imo.

As for the ending with the puddle, I see lots of ppl thinking of it as a rain puddle...and at first sight I'm sure I instantly thought the same. But having the 2nd and 3rd viewings, I saw that puddle of water as possibly a representation of tears...as if someone had been standing/kneeling over his star (the star being a representation of Michael) and had cried their eyes out. The reflection of the flower could be something the visitor (the shoe that walks in the water) left behind as someone would do when visiting a gravesite to pay their respects. The reflection looks like a dying dandelion at first glance (and could be) but it could also be a lonely flower whose reflection is being distorted by the ripples.

Omg, wow! Never thought of that... that puddle of tears... aw. I am liking all these different interpretations. :]

The only thing that was hard for me was watching all these people in the present and seeing Michael in past clips. Obviously they don't have a choice but it is still hard. When I listen to his music or watch other videos sometimes you forget that he is gone. Then something like this reminds you all over again. It is a very nice video and hopefully people will like it.

OMG!
kermit.gif
:blush:

I watched the video :wub:.... So beautiful. :heart: I loved it! Michael is smiling... I'm sure. :girl_sigh: :heart:

Oh Michael.... :cry:

:D HMH vid is about to be intro'd on HLN news!

(CNN sister channel)

Oooh... I like this interpretation! :)

You may notice that the flower is not there before the foot is seen and moves forward...so it is as if it was dropped as they were standing there, the foot blocking it, and when the foot moves, you then can then see it.

Wow! It is soooo beautiful! It is so touching, it just pulls your heartstrings :wub:and makes me love and miss Michael even more so, if that is even possible! I am so grateful this video was so well made, I know Michael is looking down and smiling.

29fwnqb.jpg

I seen the hole video but this part of the video made me breakdown so badly MJ u are well missed god bless his kids

Hmm..that Michael McKeller written song is very interesting..anyone know anything about it? Any information?

Back