Update: NOW STREAMING / Hold My Hand - the video (discussion)

1Bvp3.jpg

Michael's photo in HMH:wub:

Aww, He's so beautiful. :wub: Thanks for posting. :)

I feel the song is more Akon ft MJ .... :/
but the video is very good!!!!! i like it.

I've just come home from work and have seen the vid.

Oh, my God! I've no words , only feelings , tears and heart ache again as it was on the
25th of June 2009 .

It's as if Michael came to us from beyond invisible world to say he loves us and again dissappeared forever.

It's unbearable for my heart. I can't stop crying , sorry.

Video is alright but too fast,before I take in a scene it's gone especially the middle parts.
makes me miss michael more

The video is really nice. I have to admit that I didn't expect them to do a good job on this. Now, it looks as though it has been created by Michael himself.
I like the symbolistic they've used... The ending, with those huge doors closing and Michael's fading image, is beautiful and sad at the same time ( the big doors have closed forever :( ). I especially liked MJ's image right there. Such an angel!
But what's with the red blurry door which opens and closes?! Have to watch it again for that :)

I was kinda hoping to maybe seeing the MJ3 in this...would have been fitting to see the 3 of them holding hands..maybe even have Prince Michael lip synch to his father's vocals.

Still...a great video

Hold My Hand drops to number 66 on US Hot 100. Last week position was 50. That is not good..

^How's that possible? Airplay seemed alright, it's a lovely song, and many love MJ. Let it climb again!

Thank you for the picture, LoveForever! Too sweet. He looks gorgeous.

That video....had me crying like a baby. If for no other reason than the fact that it showed so many babies and kids and Michael and love. I never again thought I'd see the day when those things were grouped together. Michael + kids has been so taboo in the media for so long. I'm still pretty shocked (although thrilled!) Sony did that. It's really amazing the 180 they are doing with his image, which started with TII. He's finally being portrayed as the sweet, magic, angelic figure - and champion of children - that he always was. It's still mindblowing how fast this all happened. I hope to God it continues in this direction and that years from now the Michael we know will be the only Michael the world is presented with. I don't know what I think about the album or the authenticity or any of the bs surrounding Sony and the estate in the past year and a half, but shoving that all aside - I just want to say thank you to them. For helping the world reconcile their two Michael Jacksons (the entertainer and the tabloid creature) by introducing them to the third (the brilliant one we knew). Michael would be moved to tears by this video and thankful beyond words that it is being allowed and embraced. I love you, Michael.

Airplay IMO has been shit. No one in my area is playing the song...or they have played it once. It also doesn't help that every other radio station is playing Christmas music.

Airplay IMO has been shit. No one in my area is playing the song...or they have played it once. It also doesn't help that every other radio station is playing Christmas music.

I really don't understand the US market. Since You Are Not Alone all Michael's singles are charting bad (only YRMW #10). In the UK and Japan Hold My Hand is charting very good but in the US.. Why?

thanx alot,,,, alot of tears , alot of heartache but LOVE LOVE LOVE is everywhere !

I've just now seen the "Hold My Hand" Video.
Tears are streaming from my eyes unto my face.
I don't want to stop them. I need these tears.
Thank you, Archangel MJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[youtube]-oCCnxBos10[/youtube]

A beautiful video. No matter how much time passes, the tears come just as easy and just as hard. I am so thankful that I loved him, enjoyed him, all the years that we physically had him. As I watched the video I thought of my love for him, and how it will never diminish, in fact it just grows stronger, along with the need to protect him.

As I saw all the little children, I realized how happy it makes me to know that in my family there will continue to be a new generation of fans. My biggest hope is that as each day passes, that more and more people, discover the real Michael, it really takes so little time to really know the true Michael; who he was, and what he stood for. I so wish that all the people that think they know Michael from all the media and tabloid lies, that they just take that little bit of time to uncover the truths, because if they do they'll be hooked, they won't have a choice but to fall in love with him. My hope for the future is a fan base that grows and grows and spreads his message.

quote from Luvursmile:
My hope for the future is a fan base that grows and grows and spreads his message.
We must continue to grow and get stronger or human life on this planet Earth will cease. The greed by the few that is sucking the life out of the many must stop.

That was a beautiful video and I cried from beginning to end. I miss you Michael! :flowers:

Very grateful to Akon for releasing this timeless gem, he really seems to be a kind, genuine person...

This video is almost perfect....

.... This song has saved me every time.... Simple, yet meaningful and melodious, just like Michael.

That sweet, trembling voice at the end...

Last edited:
I really don't understand the US market. Since You Are Not Alone all Michael's singles are charting bad (only YRMW #10). In the UK and Japan Hold My Hand is charting very good but in the US.. Why?

Actually Butterflies went to number 2 on the Billboard R&B charts here in the states...and that was with NO promotion.

Actually Butterflies went to number 2 on the Billboard R&B charts here in the states...and that was with NO promotion.

Yes, I know but only #14 at Hot 100 although without promotion. I think that Hold My Hand could charted much higher..

Rolling Stone is at it again, bashing the video calling it "cliche" and writing a whole article on how bad it is.

This magazine needs to be stopped. Anything with MJ's name on it, they find something bad to say. It's ridiculous.

Back