UPDATE - #133: the whole thing may be illegal - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *** Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale ***

I think this thread will turn into another battle about Michael's will. Still I'll remind that it was Michael's decision to name those executors. He could have named Joe or any other member of the family and he did not. He could have named Joe or any other Jackson as the kids guardian after Katherine passes (may she live a long life) but he did not. What does it tell us? It tells us that he didn't want his relatives no where near his money or his kids. Why? Because he knew them all too well. And guess what? After Michael passed, they've been proving him right every single day!

:agree:.............u said it all.:)

Thank you for posting this video...Ok now we all listened to it right???.......The man said NEVER before have the children EVER signed ANYTHING.....what does that tell you???.......Michael NEVER would allow his children to sign ANYTHING...he has been gone not a year yet and Damn....here it is they are signing this belt...Nope I dont care what anyone says...Michael WOULD NOT WANT THIS!!

I think this thread will turn into another battle about Michael's will. Still I'll remind that it was Michael's decision to name those executors. He could have named Joe or any other member of the family and he did not. He could have named Joe or any other Jackson as the kids guardian after Katherine passes (may she live a long life) but he did not. What does it tell us? It tells us that he didn't want his relatives no where near his money or his kids. Why? Because he knew them all too well. And guess what? After Michael passed, they've been proving him right every single day!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I mean, if I recall correctly, didn't the court have Joe Jackson sign a document stating that he would have limited access to Prince and Paris, due to Debbie Rowe's wishes? I would think that includes any "money" making ventures.

I was wondering the same thing.

This CNN reporter is an idoit, in my opinion.

He talks about the belts being authorized by the estate, but he never says that he actually spoke to the estate in order to secure their confirmation as to the story he was obviously told by the folks involved with this belt. And today this idiot reporter wakes up to TMZ confirming that the belts are NOT authorized by the estate, as per Weitzman. Too funny!

Oh and the lady who introduces the clips says: "they are basically doing it to pay the bills." She knows what time it is. LOL!

THEY ARE STILL KIDS!
So, someone has to care for them and tell them to do the right things. Kids are very influenceable.
If they do those kind of things I am SURE there is someone behind them.
May be to collect the money for a museum isn't so bad , but I am sceptical this will really take place.

I agree. I hope the kids wanted to actually do this, but I can't help but think that they were talked into this. I know MJ would have never approved of this though! The whole thing rubs me the wrong way

This CNN reporter is an idoit, in my opinion.

He talks about the belts being authorized by the estate, but he never says that he actually spoke to the estate in order to secure their confirmation as to the story he was obviously told by the folks involved with this belt. And today this idiot reporter wakes up to TMZ confirming that the belts are NOT authorized by the estate, as per Weitzman. Too funny!

Oh and the lady who introduces the clips says: "they are basically doing it to pay the bills." She knows what time it is. LOL!

she sure does!!....Her head line should read.."Michael Jackson's Children being exploited....we all know he would never approve."

they don't attack the family. they just said they didn't gave their approval.

Now, it's up to Bravado

The estate & Bravado have to put a stop to it...otherwise all the other counterfeiters they have sued in the last 2 months will bring this as a precedent.

Anyway, this Olivarez guy knew what he was doing....why do you think they waited until 24H before the belts went on sale to do their press tour?

No MJ fan should buy these conterfeited items. If this belt sell for a high price, just imagine what Katherine & Joe will come up with next.

I feel bad for the kids....unbeknownst to them, they are going against their father's last wishes....his estate. But they were duped....but some greedy people.

Re: UPDATE - #133 - Blanket, Prince, Paris first autographs up for sale ***

I think you should leave Mrs Jackson out of this. So far we have no proof at all she is in anyway involved in this

I think you should leave Mrs Jackson out of this. So far we have no proof at all she is in anyway involved in this

But she did sign the belt for auction.

MAYBE Joe Jackson told her it was okay, because he had gotten APPROVAL from the estate. Which would mean, not only did he dupe his grandchildren, he also duped his wife!

But she did sign the belt for auction.

MAYBE Joe Jackson told her it was okay, because he had gotten APPROVAL from the estate. Which would mean, not only did he dupe his grandchildren, he also duped his wife!

Nah I don't think so. I did not know she had signed a belt as wlell.

Attempts to speak with Olivarez were unsuccessful.

I wonder why Mr. Olivarez didn't want to speak with TMZ. I mean, he's all up in that CNN clip, very excited about the belts. Today he's apparently mum, I wonder why.

LOL! And you just know that TMZ is all over it, probably calling the guy every 2-minutes, trying to get some type of response from him.

The Jackson make a mistake one more time and all the medias just wait for this....

A french radio RTL, said the grandparents, both Joe and Katherine, sold theirs grandchildren for money...

I don't understand the Jackson family! Mistakes, mistakes, private videos, photos...

Because of all this shit, Katherine can have some problems! They don't think about that! They just want MONEY FUCKING MONEY!

Poors kids. This family is crazy sometimes.

Katherine is the legal guardian of these children....She must have approved. Not only did she sign the belt, but there are pictures of her SIGNING the damn belt.

And there are pictures of the family house ...made available or sold to CNN.

....so....to pay the bills :no: whose bills? what do they imply with that?

c'mon, people... bravado will be mad. the Estate is already mad. most of us MJ fans are mad. why is it so difficult to see they are using the kids to attract people's attention (and money) on these items?

again: the great thing about this is not the belt and it's not Joe's signature, not Mrs. Katherine Jackson's signature: it's the kids' signature.

what a circus.

first of all lets not get all crazy..if you read my post I said....."they probably thought it was a good idea"......secondly...paying tribute to their father is a great idea..yes. However,,,Selling their signatures is NOT a good idea..they are children...their signatures SHOULD NOT be being sold for ANY reason...I can see that from Katherine falling down the stairs she didn't break her signing hand. Also the kids are being exploited...you know as well as I do that Michael would NOT like this...why is it that the Jacksons NEVER stop and think what it is Michael would want for his children..I can guarantee you....this is NOT it,...he would NEVER want them signing anything.
I totally agree with you .
Michael would have NEVER WANTED this.Yes they may not be forced to do it, but selling kids' signatures for money?:doh:
I'm seriously worry about the kids.This time the belts,what's next?:no:

My understanding from reading the initial post and write-up is that only one belt was signed by the children, and that is the one that will be "auctioned". All other belts will be without any signatures and will sell for $1,500 apiece. That's a heck of a lot to pay for the belts without the signatures, at least in my world. I suppose there are some people out there willing and able to spend that much money.

The thing that concerns me is obviously the children being involved, even if in their hearts they felt this was something they could do to further the Jackson museum. Would their father have approved/encouraged such a thing? Highly doubtful in my eyes considering everything.

Then you've got the licensed likenesses being used without previously obtained permission from the Estate/licensed distributors of likenesses.

Add unto this "planned" Jackson museum that Joe has his fingers in with others, the likelihood of it even happening leaves much room for speculation like so many other projects coming from various members of the extended family.

I certainly cannot knock the children for wanting to do something, but it's everything and everyone else (except perhaps Katherine) involved that is "suspect" to me.

Sadly, this may just be the tip of the iceberg of things that will continue and perhaps even escalate as time goes by if not carefully and tightly controlled by the responsible people involved.

jmo

Last edited:
When I read the title of this thread, I was deeply disturbed. Poor Katherine is sweet and old, she is so easily manipulated my Jermaine and Joe.

so is estate or bravado taking any action on this?...........what about that auction thing ......are they going ahead with that?

so is estate or bravado taking any action on this?...........what about that auction thing ......are they going ahead with that?
I don't know what's going on, but I'm think that one of the parties involved should be responding to TMZ's headline which is posted in this tread and states that the belts are BOGUS!

If this is all on the up and up and these folks expect to sell anything, then in my opinion, they need to respond or else they will be stuck with the BOGUS title.

And if I'm not mistaken Bravado has sued a bunch of folks already who didn't have the proper authorization. It will be interesting to see how they respond to this and IF they respond to this.

The only thing i have to say i am going to continue to pray because a storm is about to come. Trust me the media is going hard that damn TMZ

When I read the title of this thread, I was deeply disturbed. Poor Katherine is sweet and old, she is so easily manipulated my Jermaine and Joe.

yes, I wish I could understand what's going on, how and why... but it's impossible. This makes no single sense for me :no:

It's only one belt the kids signed just one belt the rest they did not sign if the kids wanted to be involved and pay tribute to their dad thats fine it's no big deal, michael angel chains and the belts will sell on there own.

Lies...and the liars. It seems like they are trying to put the blame on Katherine.

It might all be a front....because most people like Kate. They might have wrongly presumed the estate wouldn't go after Katherine.

Well, it is not up to the estate....Bravado put a lot of money to secure these rights...and they will make sure people respect their rights.

Anything for money...lie for it....

Bravado will close this circus...in 5....4.....3.....

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- A spokesman for the trustees who control Michael Jackson's estate said designer belts produced under a contract with the pop icon's parents were not authorized.
Asked if there would be legal action against the Jacksons, estate spokesman Jim Bates said it was undecided.
Bravado, a merchandising company that does have a marketing contract with the estate, may take action to stop the sale of the belts, he said.

A representative of the company marketing the belt said Katherine Jackson, the late pop star's mother, cleared the deal with the trustees.
The crystal-encrusted belts, which went on sale through the designer's website Wednesday, are intended to raise money for the Jackson family museum planned for Gary, Indiana, according to a family friend involved in the deal.
The first belt produced -- known as the "artist's proof" -- was autographed by Michael Jackson's three children and his parents for a special auction which is set to start Thursday.
Katherine Jackson and her grandchildren Prince, Paris and Blanket Jackson are the chief beneficiaries of the Michael Jackson estate. Charities yet to be chosen will also get 20 percent of the estate's profits, according to the will signed by Jackson.
Katherine Jackson dropped her challenge for control of her son's estate last October, but her husband still has a legal objection pending in probate court.
"This is a truly one-of-a-kind opportunity," said Jerry Olivarez, the Jackson family friend who helped bring the deal together. "I know of no other item that has ever been made available to the public that has been signed by both the parents and children of Michael Jackson."
Blanket, whose real name is Prince Michael II, Paris and Prince Jackson each signed the artist proof belt at the Encino, California home where they live with their grandmother.
The youngest, who was born in 2002, signed his name in true "John Hancock" style, taking up the most room with large block letters spelling "BLANKET."
Prince, 13, helped his younger brother by adding "Jackson" below his first name.
Paris, 12, showed flair with her signature, using a heart to dot her "i" and giving her "r" a long, flowing branch.
Grandparents Katherine and Joe Jackson sat next to each other on a sofa in the Jackson's Encino, California, home to add their autographs to the "artist proof" of the belt.
The leather belt was designed by Simon Tavassoli and a limited run of 7,000 are being handmade at his Newport Beach, California, studio. Each unsigned belt will retail for $1,500, he said.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/27/jackson.family.belt/

Last edited:
if true...

I believe Paris is old enough to make such decisions... She is a lady, a true smart lady and Prince for sure is grown-up enough to know many things... and both are not little kids to be persuaded oe made to do what they do not like.

they both are wiser than their age :yes: and understand

i see L..O.V.E. in this :heart:

Lies...and the liars...

Anything for money...lie for it....

Bravado will close this circus...in 5....4.....3.....

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/27/jackson.family.belt/

lie for it, .. die for it .. kill for it.. even sell ur soul to the devil
Hopefully Bravado will take some sort of action against the company that's planning to sell these belts. Once slapped with a lawsuit possible future business partners of Joseph Jackson will think twice before doing any kind of business with this man. Joe should go back to Joe Cola

I believe Paris is old enough to make such decisions... She is a lady, a true smart lady and Prince for sure is grown-up enough to know many things... and both are not little kids to be persuaded oe made to do what they do not like.

they both are wiser than their age :yes: and understand

i see L..O.V.E. in this :heart:
Both are old enough to know that this is not what their father would want them to do, both are old enough to know that their dead father would have never wanted them to sign memorablia in order to sell/auction them off. Clearly they were led to believe they were doing a great thing for their dead father's legacy by signing these belts/this belt. I doubt Katherine and Joseph told ''well kids sign ur names as nobody gives an ish about us signing it it won't sell without ur signatures on it so sign it''
this is just the beginning of the desperate attempts of creating new cash cows like I said before history repeats itself, seems like folks haven't learned for their own mistakes at all.. greed is still too big even at this age smdh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back