Unconfirmed Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

Re: Reports: Bad album set for re-release with previously unreleased tracks

I didn't include the ones from TUC but what other ones? So far we have

Streetwalker
Cheater
Fly Away
Scared of the Moon which I thought was from the Thriller era
I Just Can't Stop Loving You: French and Spanish version

Thanks everyone for the info!

Some claim Groove of Midnight is a track from the Bad Era I think it's from Thriller though.

I want the tour first!!

Some claim Groove of Midnight is a track from the Bad Era I think it's from Thriller though.

This must be a "Bad" outtake. Just listen to Seidah Garretts version... She used the same backing track as MJ planned to do on his version.

This is later than "Thriller"... It has a later 80's feeling to it than the "Thriller" stuff! Just listen to the horns & the drum sound. More 1986/87 than 1982... What an amazing track this is... Too Bad it never was released by our hero! I would have LOVED it if this was on "Bad". But the version released by Seidah on her 1988 album is beautiful in it's own right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7dQyNGJrNs

Really want to hear some Bad Out-takes, anyone have any idea how many songs we could expect to have been recorded around that time?

There is a french version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You? Michael sings in french too? I lover his spanish version.

Behind the mask and Much too soon

Much Too Soon is great. This Is It also. I agree about Behind The Mask.

Behind the mask and Much too soon

I don't see how he "ruined" Much Too Soon. There are very subtle differences between the version on "Michael" and the original version that leaked a few weeks before the album's release. And we don't know what the original of Behind The Mask sounded like as it has never been released.

I don't see how he "ruined" Much Too Soon. There are very subtle differences between the version on "Michael" and the original version that leaked a few weeks before the album's release. And we don't know what the original of Behind The Mask sounded like as it has never been released.

The leaked version of "Much Too Soon" sounds so much better than the released version... Some of the tracks on "Michael" are brilliant, but the production is NOT up to Michael Jacksons standards at all! There's also an unofficial "Hollywood Tonight" remix that kicks the album version! That version uses some lyrics not included in the "Michael" version.

There is a french version of I Just Can't Stop Loving You? Michael sings in french too? I lover his spanish version.

Yes. It was translated by a belgian woman, a friend of Quincy's if I'm not mistaken.

The leaked version of "Much Too Soon" sounds so much better than the released version... Some of the tracks on "Michael" are brilliant, but the production is NOT up to Michael Jacksons standards at all! There's also an unofficial "Hollywood Tonight" remix that kicks the album version! That version uses some lyrics not included in the "Michael" version.

That version of Much Too Soon that leaked before the album is not the "original version", it is an early version of album version also produced by McClain. I don't think that he added an accordion to almost finished song and put his name as the producer. There is also a video of Tommy Emmanuel recording the guitar parts for the song. The same is with leaked versions of Monster, Keep Your Head Up (with Earth Song ad-libs), Slave To The Rhythm.. those are all early versions produced by someone after Michael died, not the original versions or demos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eCQm25ejj8

That version of Much Too Soon that leaked before the album is not the "original version", it is an early version of album version also produced by McClain. I don't think that he added an accordion to almost finished song and put his name as the producer. There is also a video of Tommy Emmanuel recording the guitar parts for the song. The same is with leaked versions of Monster, Keep Your Head Up (with Earth Song ad-libs), Slave To The Rhythm.. those are all early versions produced by someone after Michael died, not the original versions or demos.

At least we have the demos of those songs though. Except Slave To The Rhythm.

I didn't know any of that... Thank you for telling me. Interesting link. Never knew that the guitar parts were recorded afeer MJ passed! I still prefer the leaked unofficial version of "Much Too Soon", but that's another story!

that would be fannnnnnntastic!"

At least we have the demos of those songs though. Except Slave To The Rhythm.

Do we have the original demo of Much Too Soon? I'm not talking about the track that was leaked just before the release of Michael.

Do we have the original demo of Much Too Soon? I'm not talking about the track that was leaked just before the release of Michael.

No we don't. Not according to OnirMJs informative post earlier in this thread! The leaked version is superior, but that's another story!

I love the album version of Much to Soon too. - The first version leaked is perfect too, but I do not see how people can say the little changes done to the Michael album version has ruined the song. It's sweet and beautiful.

I love the album version of Much to Soon too. - The first version leaked is perfect too, but I do not see how people can say the little changes done to the Michael album version has ruined the song. It's sweet and beautiful.

Music wise, It's fantastic! How could MJ keep it hidden for all these years? The thing is that it like all the other tracks on "Michael", and most recent CD releases suffers from overblown loudness... It's mastered way over the top too loud. The dynamics is a tad better on the leaked version!

Back on topic: I am hoping the news of the re-release comes out before MJ's 3rd anniversary. Or they could release a press release on the same day the BAD album was announced in 1987.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just need to hear that sweet voice again. Don't care if the songs are unfinished, just want to hear the stuff we might have been treated to.

Recent unauthorised posting of bootlegged Michael Jackson concert recordings have been posted on the site.
Sony Music is the exclusive distributor for these recordings and that any distribution of these recordings by the site violates Sony Music’s rights.

Sony Music reserves all of its legal rights and remedies, legal action against the Admin has been made.

http://michaeljacksondiehardfan.com/site/

Does anyone know what concert was the one that they leaked? I've seen in other forums some people saying it was Los Angeles'89 or Wembley'88, but no one is sure. Does anyone knows it?

Back