To the insiders: are Sony planning to promote MICHAEL at all?

Has it been posted that there are epic advertisements for MICHAEL, Hold My Hand, and VISION on the iTunes USA homepage now (and Australia, haven't checked any others yet)

I think that it is helping. It is now at 41 on Itunes USA. A new high. :)

i guess Sony is more interested in the internet because now it is the most important market and after comes the radio...

i guess Sony is more interested in the internet because now it is the most important market and after comes the radio...

Well it could have been that there were no available advertising spots until now. I mean, once the ads are taken by someone, they cant be used by another. I am pretty sure iTunes sells blocks of 7 days. Maybe there were no spaces available until right now. And maybe they didnt want to go hard with the radio until the iTunes ads were placed? Who knows!? But the ads are up, the videos been shot (or still is?) and the wheels are in motion. Success will be just around the corner, surely.

And I like the wait they're causing in the UK. This will cause a RUSH of sales all at one time, which will greatly help the chart position (where as I bought the song twice in the first day, when it wasnt even in the top 200, meaning I didn't really help it at a time when it mattered)

UK will have video, maxi single with bonus tracks and radio all going gangbusters at once come December 6th.

And let's not forget that for better or worse, we will have Oprah's show as well December 6th. So that is bound to add to the advertising. Not only will you have the actually show, but all of the advertisements leading up to the interview will alert people to the fact the MJ has a new album coming out. :)

It's on the front page of iTunes UK but no big ad. With the wait all the promotion seems to be coming in one big hit and the rumours that some promotion for it will be done on the X Factor which is the biggest promotion tool in the UK.

HMH is n°45 on Itunes France and "Michael" is n° 75.

EDIT : "The Essential" is n° 29 and the boxset "Vision" is n°39 :)

Last edited:
Back