To the insiders: are Sony planning to promote MICHAEL at all?

I've not heard it on the radio here in the midwest USA. No promotion, no posters, nothing. C'mon, Sony! Maybe they're not promoting it because they know there are questionable songs on it. I'm just sayin'!

And don't forget that the boxset Vision is released today (I will get mine tomorrow :woohoo:) !!! this might be a beginning !!! then people attention might be naturally brought on the new album !! :angel:

There are posters on the London Underground for the album.

Yeh, Iv'e seen them in Bank, London Bridge and Seven sisters, and they see to be in twos a lot, I got pics if you wanna see.

Remember the video is not even out yet. It will be out two weeks from now. So that will certainly help promotion. And it has only been one week since it was released. Give it time. As much as I hate Oprah, if doing a show on his album will help promote, that is just fine by me. I think from what Smooth said, that is when they will premier the video for HOLD MY HAND. Be patient. It is such a great song, how can ppl not like it?

My prayer is that "the bitter Jacksons" will now keep their mouths
shut for a while. So, the musical Legacy of Michael Jackson can continue in LOVE, PEACE AND HARMONY.
This planet Earth needs that now more than ever. :hug:

Remember the video is not even out yet. It will be out two weeks from now. So that will certainly help promotion. And it has only been one week since it was released. Give it time. As much as I hate Oprah, if doing a show on his album will help promote, that is just fine by me. I think from what Smooth said, that is when they will premier the video for HOLD MY HAND. Be patient. It is such a great song, how can ppl not like it?

That makes sense. I just thought once it was on itunes that there would be radio play and all that right away. I hear all the new songs from others and would like to hear Michael. It feels like the only people who know about it are the fans. That's probably not true but it feels that way.

That makes sense. I just thought once it was on itunes that there would be radio play and all that right away. I hear all the new songs from others and would like to hear Michael. It feels like the only people who know about it are the fans. That's probably not true but it feels that way.

Also, remember it was just added to Itunes in Canada and U.S. this past Thursday and in Amazon this past Friday. So it is just beginning to gather steam. I'm going to be positive and say it will do just fine. It is such a great song. Also, remember to keep requesting. I've bought the single off of itunes twice and once from Amazon. I'm going to buy more. Keep the Faith!!:yes:

There are some random people I've talked to who know the album is coming out...I was talking to a friend of mine, and I mentioned that a new album is coming out, and she was like, 'Yeah, I know, I heard it's supposed to be amazing!'....So, that's encouraging :D

Sony is planning promotion trust me! There is an Oprah episode that will debut the Hold My Hand video and promote MICHAEL.

There are i-tunes adverts planned, video ads, radio ads/giveaways, in-store promotions, interviews, etc.

Oprah is part of the promotion?
:unsure:

LoL! She is so helpful now :smilerolleyes:

Well, let's hope Sony will do their part. The right way :angry:
I don't want anyone to have reasons to say the Estate "needs" to sell something of Michael -_-

Some say all this "fake vocals" issue was a way to promete the album. Well... if that was the case, the results don't seem to be any good. Fan base divided, excitment killed for many, while increasing in others, confussion, controversy :doh:

Really... no good at all, imo :no:

Also, remember it was just added to Itunes in Canada and U.S. this past Thursday and in Amazon this past Friday. So it is just beginning to gather steam. I'm going to be positive and say it will do just fine. It is such a great song. Also, remember to keep requesting. I've bought the single off of itunes twice and once from Amazon. I'm going to buy more. Keep the Faith!!:yes:

I will try. Thank you.:)

I don't see much about it in the US either. And unlike TII, there is no motion picture to give the album an extra boost. :( I hope it can turn around. I think it can. :)

I hope so because I think it should do better than This is It since it was mostly greatest hits type of album. I hope people don't think Hold My Hand is a flop or anything since it has only been out one week. I would like to see it given a chance.

Woooooooow....look at this comment from the HMH video on Youtube...:doh:

mjjccopy2.png

^
How rude?!

Wasn't it taken off of youtube for a few days? Maybe it would have been higher.

Woooooooow....look at this comment from the HMH video on Youtube...:doh:

mjjccopy2.png

^
How rude?!

Yeah makes sense. MJ fans BUY his albums and songs, not just listen free on youtube like Rihanna's teenybopper fans.

Thats why MJ albums sell in the tens of millions, not just a couple of million. Rhianna is a digital artist. MJ is from the oldschool and sells a bucketload of physical CD music.

Well I hope they promote the album. I don't hear HMH on heavy rotation yet.

There is only so much promotion you can do for a posthumous Album............

The album will sell.............

.......but the controversy along with very low sales that is the current Music industry means that it probably won't even gain sales that are close to that of Invincible..............

Wow - you guys are such downers. I try to keep positive around here, but everywhere I turn I see "down" comments. Thanks. Maybe I should just stay away from here.

BTW, if you go to U.S. Itunes, and click on Music, they have Michael advertised, and on "news and noteworthy" section you have the album and the single right there for everyone to see. Also just scroll down and there you see more Michael stuff.
Anyway, I am going to remain positive and do whatever I can to help this album and Michael. I doubt very much this controversy will do anything to hurt this album.

Just keep requesting the song- very simple. Also, there is this website www.ratethemusic.com where you can register and be part of a radio survey where you can help Michael in that way too. At least take action, instead of being so down!:(

I'm just simply going to stay away from these forums, because they are too depressing for me.

Wow - you guys are such downers. I try to keep positive around here, but everywhere I turn I see "down" comments. Thanks. Maybe I should just stay away from here.

BTW, if you go to U.S. Itunes, and click on Music, they have Michael advertised, and on "news and noteworthy" section you have the album and the single right there for everyone to see. Also just scroll down and there you see more Michael stuff.
Anyway, I am going to remain positive and do whatever I can to help this album and Michael. I doubt very much this controversy will do anything to hurt this album.

Just keep requesting the song- very simple. Also, there is this website www.ratethemusic.com where you can register and be part of a radio survey where you can help Michael in that way too. At least take action, instead of being so down!:(

I'm just simply going to stay away from these forums, because they are too depressing for me.

I hope you don't stay away....:(...your posts are a breath of fresh air....:huggy:

I don't know what you are thinking but it's like THREE WEEKS until the album is released! I don't understand why it should be promoted that much yet. You have to understand it's better to keep lower profile until everything is READY for promotion! I think if the promotion will be very visible and it starts when the single is about to RELEASE or released that's enough. Then it starts to promote the album. I hope they know what they are doing this time around.. I am not sure but I surely hope..

I don't know what you are thinking but it's like THREE WEEKS until the album is released! I don't understand why it should be promoted that much yet. You have to understand it's better to keep lower profile until everything is READY for promotion! I think if the promotion will be very visible and it starts when the single is about to RELEASE or released that's enough. Then it starts to promote the album. I hope they know what they are doing this time around.. I am not sure but I surely hope..

3 weeks isn't much time..:mello:

I think 3 weeks is enough time. It is a lot different promoting an album when Michael isn't here to help.

This has been really hard on the fans, but I still believe there will be a big burst of promo and we'll see lots of attention paid to the album.

Back