TII album out already?

I got mine today :) Local CD shop got it today and sold me one :)

How are the sales actually measured exactly? I doubt that they would count each store individually, since this is almost impossible?

I would assume it's what the distributors sell to the shops and not what the shops sell to the consumers?

goes on the scanners in the shops i believe. figures get counted from that and go to a central database. or it was like that years back

I'm pretty sure that copies of the CD sold in shops before the official release date do not count towards first week sales.

It does not deserve to fail. I hope it does very well, and considering Sony is shipping 1.5 million copies to the US alone, it doesn't look like it's going to fail either. I predict a #1 in the US. I have all along.
Why not? It is re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-release.

I don't believe it will be number 1. It will sell quite well, but it won't make it as a number 1. If it does, than the situation would be really apprehensive. The music today sucks so badly, that people rather buy the good music they already have than new cds lol... :D

I know you all are angry about re-releases but how bad will it look if Sony and the Estate release loads of new material just four months after he died. People will still say that Sony are bloodsucking vampires!

The This Is It Movie is the attempt to make people realize how good Michael really is.....it also shows all the new ideas and concepts he had for the concerts (and now nobody can steal his ideas of using 3D in their concerts)!!!!!!!

I know you all are angry about re-releases but how bad will it look if Sony and the Estate release loads of new material just four months after he died. People will still say that Sony are bloodsucking vampires!

The This Is It Movie is the attempt to make people realize how good Michael really is.....it also shows all the new ideas and concepts he had for the concerts (and now nobody can steal his ideas of using 3D in their concerts)!!!!!!!

But 3D in concerts have been used before. It just hasn't been used on a big scale like Michael
:happy:

I ordered mine sept 28th...presale....I got an email from them yesterday telling me estimated date of arrival is about Oct.26th....hmmm.....much to long to wait....I have listened to the Mother earth Poem on youtube...it is beautiful...Michael 's voice is like a lullaby to my soul..it is so beautiful.

This Is It Soundtrack is #5 on Canadian Amazon. It hasn't left the top 10 since it was available for pre-purchase. This Is It promotion in Canada has been amazing. Honestly, I've never seen anything Jackson related promoted so well.

Not sure where you are, but Amazon US has the 2-disc CD for $9.99 (was $17.98 when I first pre-ordered on the first day). I am buying it but I have already downloaded it from rapidshare too. Its been on my iPod for two days and I can't get enough of the demos and the TII 8.5 minute MP3 with all live music released from all the rehearsals that a member (MJ5) here put together!

Can I get just the booklet and the 2nd cd?
How many pages is the booklet?
This is too expensive (and the 1st cd is stupid). I love Mike but I've bought too much of his stuff already and I'm just a poor student!

Last edited:
I'll be buying mine (even though I have all the songs) today. I'll support Michael's legacy forever even if I end up with 100 greatest hits albums lol :)

I'll be buying mine (even though I have all the songs) today. I'll support Michael's legacy forever even if I end up with 100 greatest hits albums lol :)

lol

I intended on boycotting the CD because of Paul Anka...but I realized I love MJ more than I despise that arrogant loser.

I will hold my nose and buy the CD. And will probably give a couple as gift this Christmas.

There WILL be a brand new MJ album released in 2010. This will contain between 12 and 15 brand new MJ songs recorded after the trial and intended on being released as a part of a new album. I am talking with sources who have told me to expect the album between June-September timeframe. (no date has been set in stone only discussed). Expect Sony to release the album, even though talks have occurred with Universal as well. My sources claim it will most likely be Sony who gets the rights. This is what I am VERY excited about!

I am happy about what you said… I hope everyone will do the same thing… :)

Not sure where you are, but Amazon US has the 2-disc CD for $9.99 (was $17.98 when I first pre-ordered on the first day). I am buying it but I have already downloaded it from rapidshare too. Its been on my iPod for two days and I can't get enough of the demos and the TII 8.5 minute MP3 with all live music released from all the rehearsals that a member (MJ5) here put together!

Oh!! I see it on Amazon! I'll probably buy it now.

And also (I know it's off topic) what is this new DVD?
http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Interviews-Vol-2/dp/B002LFJXL4/ref=pd_sim_m_2
http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Jackson-Press-Conferences-Signings/dp/B002LFJXLY/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_c

There WILL be a brand new MJ album released in 2010. This will contain between 12 and 15 brand new MJ songs recorded after the trial and intended on being released as a part of a new album. I am talking with sources who have told me to expect the album between June-September timeframe. (no date has been set in stone only discussed). Expect Sony to release the album, even though talks have occurred with Universal as well. My sources claim it will most likely be Sony who gets the rights. This is what I am VERY excited about!

Nice.......

BUT WHAT ABOUT A VICTORY BAD88 TOUR DVD RELEASE??????????????????????????????????

Got mine too.

For all the fans bitching it's actually a really nice package and I think they did a good job. Great pictures, awesome packaging, I love both versions of TII, Planet Earth is really inspired and the demos are kinda fun.

Well worth £11.99.

Amazon.com $9.99
Amazon.co.uk £11.98

hmmmI'm from Europe. Should I pre-order from US? Also which one will be faster? I've ordered from both in the past and I'm always in a dilemma.

Just to let you guys know, it's a tad off topic, however on the Canadian I-Tunes, Jackson has 12 out of the top 200 best selling music videos. I find this amazing, and just goes to show how incredible his videos are. On any given day, MJ always has atleast 10 videos in this list.

Oct 24th 2009
Top 200 Best Selling Music Videos In Canada
I-Tunes

#4. Thriller (full version)
#25. Billie Jean
#30. Beat It
#42. They Don't Care About Us
#43. Will You Be There
#62. Smooth Criminal
#64. Black Or White
#65. The Way You Make Me Feel
#106. Thriller (short version)
#112. Ghosts
#127. Bad
#128. You Rock My World

Yes and what are your sources for this?
smiley.gif

Amazon.com $9.99
Amazon.co.uk £11.98

hmmmI'm from Europe. Should I pre-order from US? Also which one will be faster? I've ordered from both in the past and I'm always in a dilemma.
I assume the prices will go down generally. I spotted a German ad from a music store that is offering the TII CD's for EUR 9,99 instead of something around EUR 17,95 to 24,95 ... :scratch:

Yes and what are your sources for this?
smiley.gif

Somebody very familiar with the Jackson estate matters. No record deal has been signed with anybody at this point. But I can 100% confirm that there are at least two dozen (24) completed MJ songs from post Invincible era to 2009, which is enough for 2 full albums of new material.

THIS IS IT The Soundtrack has re-entered the global Amazon Top 10, currently stands at #8 and is trending higher. Here in Canada, it has also been notched up to #3 and is trending higher as well. In the UK, the album has jumped to #14 and is trending higher. In France, the album has surged to #4 on Amazon!

Can I get just the booklet and the 2nd cd?
How many pages is the booklet?
This is too expensive (and the 1st cd is stupid). I love Mike but I've bought too much of his stuff already and I'm just a poor student!

As much as I agree that Sony/AEG/BadJackson's are milking this, I simply cannot agree that a two CD set with a 35 page booklet at $9.99 US is a rip off. In fact, I think it a really lovely thing to do. It's certainly cheaper than Number One's and it has new material (albeit not what we wanted).

The album is at #6 in the US Amazon sales (all) right now and #1 in R&B,

As much as I agree that Sony/AEG/BadJackson's are milking this, I simply cannot agree that a two CD set with a 35 page booklet at $9.99 US is a rip off. In fact, I think it a really lovely thing to do. It's certainly cheaper than Number One's and it has new material (albeit not what we wanted).

I was looking at the price at MJ.com when I wrote that. $35. And at amazon the price is $20. $10 is the pre-order price, right?

Back