Thriller to be released in 3D! - along with 'Making of Thriller'

I agree I would prefer to see Ghosts on the big screen and in 3d. Unfortunately for Ghosts, Thriller is still seen as the music video benchmark, even after 25+ years. Every few years a new video is called 'The next thriller' but none of them manage to replace 'Thriller'. Remember 'Backstreet's back'? That was 'the next thriller' in the 90s. Now 'Telephone' is. In another couple of years somebody else will release something and that will become the 'next thriller'.

IMO Ghosts successfully built upon what Mike started with Thriller but for some reason the media and public never recognised it or gave it enough credit. If I wasn't a Michael Jackson fan I wouldn't have even known 'Ghosts' existed. Around the same time as the 'HIStory' single, the song 'Ghost' was released to MTV with a compacted version of the short film and those who saw it were amazed with the quality of the special effects, but it wasn't played often and as far as I know it was never nominated for music video awards. Such a shame.

I have the same feeling, GHOSTS it's so good I don't even have words to describe it, I am IN LOVE with Ghosts, I love every move he makes, every beat, every smile, the shirt, the hair, every second of that movie.

Yes indeed NOBODY KNOWS GHOSTS but fans, I've always said:this is 2bad.

OH MY GAWD!!!!!

*Apologises for overly theatrical outburst in advance*

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Excited about getting the making of thriller on DVD!!

I have not been able to watch my VHS in about 10 years!!

I will finally finally be able to hear those beutiful words that I would literally rewind rewind rewind rewind rewind until the tape frankly did not work any more

You know which line I mean?

"I said is it really"

*feints* *thud*

Sounds cool. I guess I'll get a blu ray player for my B'Day:punk:

Wow, that's pretty awesome! Hope this works out because I'd love to see that.

What a great idea. I'm really excited.

sounds cool. i love the making of thriller maybe there will be extras on this 2 maybe more behind the seen footage.

This should be enough excuse to bring Moonwalker in 3D.......Imagine that!!!!!

I remember Grease being re-released in the cinemas at its 30th anniversary. Wouldn't it be nice if they re-released Moonwalker as well?

I remember Grease being re-released in the cinemas at its 30th anniversary. Wouldn't it be nice if they re-released Moonwalker as well?

That would be pretty amazing. What I think would be amazing is if they did one of those screenings like they do with Star Wars and have an orchestra playing on the stage as the film is screening. The orchestral versions of MJ's songs are so amazing I think it would be a bit different! But I'd still love a regular screening of Moonwalker at a cinema!

Man I was sure it was Ghosts. How awesome would that have been. :(

I think it was Ghosts. If I am not mistaken Frank Dileo told Raffles they planned a Halloween special on a tv channel (don't remember which) and it included Ghosts.

Yessssss this is awesome news!

-The Making of Thriller on DVD FINALLY!
-Thriller video remastered in 1080p? With 3D?
-Another good idea would be to include the 3D Thriller Vignette from This is It. Although it was included with the This is it DVD and Blu Ray, it wasn't presented in 3D. This would be an awesome inclusion.

Maybe we can FINALLY get the video in Moonwalker quality? That would be too good.

I think it was Ghosts. If I am not mistaken Frank Dileo told Raffles they planned a Halloween special on a tv channel (don't remember which) and it included Ghosts.

The day before his passing, Frank booked Michael to perform for an NBC Halloween special, that was to be a live performance and a screening of Ghosts.

The day before his passing, Frank booked Michael to perform for an NBC Halloween special, that was to be a live performance and a screening of Ghosts.

I'm sure they put Ghosts (just the full version of the film) on Halloween in the UK as well.............it was either on VH1 or MTV!!!!!!!!

Back