"This Is It" vs "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus (News Merged)

why are we comparing a serious musician to an actress or as some call it a product on a shelf?

update...
16 days gross...
now he is also in front of the "movie".

(Foreign incl. all til day 12 (November, 8))

f23fpk.gif

huf6og.gif

Well there goes my theory that TII would increase its box office takings on Thursday!

$784,301 is a bit of a shock. I wonder if TII can still break $65,281,781 by the end of the weekend?

According to boxofficemojo, there will be a decrease in the theater counts for TII.
The new theater counts for TII will be 3037 (3481 - 444) for week 46.

Guys, honestly...Michael's movie is going to break the record here in the states. And who gives a damn what the predictions are for the movie? Who gives a crap. I don't. They were wrong before and they'll continue to be wrong. With Michael it was always like this, he'll have beaten the record and then some. Just keep the faith and keep supporting Michael.

Guys, honestly...Michael's movie is going to break the record here in the states. And who gives a damn what the predictions are for the movie? Who gives a crap. I don't. They were wrong before and they'll continue to be wrong. With Michael it was always like this, he'll have beaten the record and then some. Just keep the faith and keep supporting Michael.

He should beat the NA record today. As of friday, he stood at 63.7M. He needs less than 2M today to beat HM.

Everybody who is planing on going to go see the new releases coming out in the next two weeks...BUY a ticket for TII but go see the film you want. Keep the Momentoum going till its offically out of thearters.

He should beat the NA record today. As of friday, he stood at 63.7M. He needs less than 2M today to beat HM.

That's why I have no doubt he'll have it OFFICIALLY by tomorrow at the latest. I went and saw it again today (for the 6th time) and the theatre was packed. Over half the people in there were kids...go figure. I loved it. I know Michael always wanted to be in film and oh my goodness, it's just surreal watching him now...I only wish he could have been here to see this.

I predicted that by the end of this week-end he'd have the record here in the states as well, and I can see that by tomorrow (Sunday) he'll have it.

I might even go see it again tonight or tomorrow.

"Flop" my ass, I don't know who tried to say it was a flop but last time I checked a movie that does over 200 million world wide and which has continued to break records...doesn't constitute as a failure. Most people, who actually can think have said this movie is doing amazingly and has become a major blockbuster...**shakes head** Thank god that most of the "critics" have been able to see this movie for the jem it is and not try and put out negative spin because they feel like they can't be truthful or positive. Anyway! I know Michael is looking down on us from wherever he is and smiling.

I predict by the end of it's run it'll have made 250 million and possibly more.

LONG LIVE THE KING!

Last edited:
^ God I love being right....

Never stop believing! Some people here just need to remember to keep the faith and to NEVER EVER underestimate Michael.

Who the man? Mike's the man! WOOT! WOOT!

So now can WE PLEASE stop talking about that little pop tart now? PLEASSSSSEEEEEE?!?!? With lots and lot and lots of sugar on top? LOL.

^ God I love being right....

Never stop believing! Some people here just need to remember to keep the faith and to NEVER EVER underestimate Michael.

Who the man? Mike's the man! WOOT! WOOT!

So now can WE PLEASE stop talking about that little pop tart now? PLEASSSSSEEEEEE?!?!? With lots and lot and lots of sugar on top? LOL.

:lol: I'm sooooo with you there. And you're right. It would be great if people stopped underestimating Michael. :flowers:

This is a new record for a documentary:

Michael Jackson's This Is It for Sony Pictures had a $5.1M weekend from 3,036 theaters and new cume of $67.2M. The film has now grossed $222.6M globally -- $155.4M overseas and $67.2M domestic.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

Thanks for the updates. Awesomeness! :punk:

"Michael Jackson's "This Is It" added $5.1 million domestically to raise its total to $67.2 million. The Sony release became the all-time top-grossing music documentary, passing the $65.3 million total of last year's "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert."
MJ....did it again.....!!!!!!! ;))

So finally he beats her domestically after beating her globally.

Thanks for changing the title of this thread :)

This is a new record for a documentary:

Michael Jackson's This Is It for Sony Pictures had a $5.1M weekend from 3,036 theaters and new cume of $67.2M. The film has now grossed $222.6M globally -- $155.4M overseas and $67.2M domestic.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

so he beated fahrenheit 9/11. (222.4 mio). :D
the most sucessfull documentary of all time now. great. :)
movie ranking worldwide: 331

Back