This Is It UK Ticket News! [UPDATE: Post 111] [Merged]

I just had an email from my cinema and they said that because it's such a worldwide event they will be selling tickets from sunday. so i can just book over the phone :)
usually they have to wait for their new brochure to come out (oct 8) before they can sell tickets for a film in their new brochure but they are making an exception!

Don't know whether this was posted before, but the Customer Service Assistant at Odeon Cinema in Leicester Square (London) have confirmed the Premiere of 'This Is It'. There's no information on who the Tickets will go to. The distributors haven't shared that info with Odeon. You can't buy them.

Last edited:
Had a feeling about that :( I just hope our screening goes ahead. I need to know otherwise I'll start making my own arrangements from this Friday.

cineworld are showing it, tickets go on sale on sunday!!!

if you have an unlimited card (we do) its free, so ill be looking to watch it as many times as humanly possible within 2 weeks!

nah, allow ticketmaster, why they just let us go to the cinema and que up. how difficult is that.

Hmm, Odeon updated their website since yesterday and they STILL haven't listed 'This Is It'.
Perhaps they're not going to be showing it after all? Tickets go on sale on Sunday and Odeon only update their site once per week, which means unless they update their site again this week (unlikely) they won't be selling tickets until next Wednesday when the site is updated again! A very strange move.

The Cineworld and Vue sites already show the film at those venues showing it, so surely Odeon must also know by know how many copies they're being allocated. After all it is the largest cinema chain in the UK!

I hope there isn't a reason why Odeon are dragging their heels with this.

I got confirmation that This is it pre-sale on this Sunday in my country and we would get Michael Jackson Mania Collection Set :

1. CD-R Michael Jackson This is it
2. Magnet
3. Pre-Sale ticket

I def go to to buy early on this Sunday. So excited about this ..wow .they say its limited :)

Sony local website has nothing, just show TII clip and date but cinema in Thailand confirm

I got confirmation that This is it pre-sale on this Sunday in my country and we would get Michael Jackson Mania Collection Set :

2. Magnet
3. Pre-Sale ticket

I def go to to buy early on this Sunday. So excited about this ..wow .they say its limited :)

Sony local website has nothing, just show TII clip and date but cinema in Thailand confirm

Aww, I want one!

Can someone tell me what you have to do to get tickets??

Im a bit old fahioned, normally I just buy the ticket at the desk just as Im about to go in to watch it lol. But I doubt I could do that with this cause it will sell out by that time.

What do I do??

Im a bit old fahioned, normally I just buy the ticket at the desk just as Im about to go in to watch it lol. But I doubt I could do that with this cause it will sell out by that time.

What do I do??
Apparently we'll be able to get tickets from thisisit-movie.com. You can also book tickets from the website of your local cinema from 12.01 am on Sunday.

What do I do??

http://www.myvue.com/cinemas/index.asp?SessionID=7396772DFCA248E1A2F6739140717063&ci=77

Go to vue cinema website (assuming this is your local cinema chain, and be only at 1 minute past midnight. :)

quote from my local cambeley cinema

"Synopsis
Michael Jackson’s THIS IS IT will offer Jackson fans and music lovers worldwide a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer as he developed, created and rehearsed for his sold-out concerts that would have taken place beginning this summer in London’s O2 Arena. Chronicling the months from April through June, 2009, the film is drawn from more than one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show. Audiences will be given a privileged and private look at the singer, dancer, filmmaker, architect, and genius as he creates and perfects his final show.

**Tickets go on sale Sunday 27th September at 0:01am**"

Hehehe Just had a thought when the film comes out it will be "orange" Wednesday! So one MJ fan free with every purchase :-D

Does that mean I have to stay up till gone midnight Saturday evening to buy tickets???

Okay thanks.

So what happens after you have booked the ticket on the website?
Does the ticket get sent you through the post? Do you get a code??
And when you are at the cinema you dont have to queu, is that right?

Okay thanks.

So what happens after you have booked the ticket on the website?
Does the ticket get sent you through the post? Do you get a code??
And when you are at the cinema you dont have to queu, is that right?

At cinemas there is usually a wall screen/box thing. You just insert the card you paid on and it prints the tickets out for you there and then. This isnt the same for all cinemas though your best just phoning your local cinema and asking the best way to get tickets.

Everything will be fine. There will be enough tickets for everyone, because there are quite alot of cinemas almost everywhere selling tickets. I wouldn't bother getting up at midnight or whatever, anytime on the 27th (this sunday) would be fine, the tickets won't run out i assure you. It's just like any other major movie.

You can book tickets from This Is It - website, Your chosen cinema (online or whatever)

As for me, I'm thinking of getting tickets for the 28th October (release date) from Cineworld. My worst nightmare would be if not many people where at the cinema for the movie.. I wish I could go see some people from here.

I went past the Cineworld in Birmingham today and it has This Is It stand things up now :)

I was suprised that the Odeon cinema isn't showing it, i thought they were a pretty big company :/

I went past the Cineworld in Birmingham today and it has This Is It stand things up now :)

I was suprised that the Odeon cinema isn't showing it, i thought they were a pretty big company :/

Odeon are the UK's largest cinema chain!

2. Magnet
3. Pre-Sale ticket

Is that wat everyone will be getting when booking tickets for this is it im just really confussed sorry :(:( x

Last edited:
Sorry if this question has allready been asked but i gotta know

Will This Is It be showing in every cinema in the UK or will it only be showen in only in the cinema's at the major city's in the UK like London?

no one really knows .ppl are just looking on the net at the local cinemas and looking at the listings. its seems the vue and cineworld? are showing it

Back