"This Is It" is a PR-desaster thanks to the single. Thanks Sony!

ya'll its only CNN, nobody in their right mind takes cable news shows seriously anyhow. Ther polls reflect nothing more than what viewers regurgitate from the so called news segment.

Where are my Jon Stewart peeps at?! :dance:

Last edited:
OT, I never thought of that either.. I went to visit my cousin last year who was 8 years old at that time, 9 years now, and she knows more about the internet than I do. Crap! When I was 8 years old I didnt even know what a computer was, let alone ever seeing one in real life. All I knew was sandboxes and dolls.. Todays kids are so interacted globally and with media. Its amazing.

You'll be shocked to know how many 8, 9, 10 year olds have Facebooks, Myspaces, etc. :doh:
I know I sure was! Jesus...

Back on topic. The way I see it, a poll doesn't equal the world.

omg it's a song. no more pr disasters cuz mj is gone. who cares? like it or not, the only reason y it ws cleared as fast as it was is so they can press it and distribute it.

OT, I never thought of that either.. I went to visit my cousin last year who was 8 years old at that time, 9 years now, and she knows more about the internet than I do. Crap! When I was 8 years old I didnt even know what a computer was, let alone ever seeing one in real life. All I knew was sandboxes and dolls.. Todays kids are so interacted globally and with media. Its amazing.

I have been using it since i was 8 and I have been addicted to it since. :)

And Back on topic, I will buy the CD, because I am grateful for any new material that comes out. And beside that, some who voted no on probably don't prefer MJ as thier type of music anyway.

For me, 'This Is It' is about the Movie, not about the single. When this project is over we will all remember the MOVIE not the single. We are on the brink of the biggest MJ movie project there will ever be and there is so many opinions about the song? In 1 month from now we will be concentrating on the DVD and not the single. This song is just an added jewel to what is most important.... the last days of MJ caught on the "This Is It" movie. More music will come, this is not about New Music from MJ.

10% of americans will buy the CD or watch the TII movies and maybe 20%

Thats between 30 000 000 and 60 000 000 of people. Thats a lot, a LOT.

Thats a good pool for me. Dont know how people thinks about it.

10% of a country will 300 million people= 30 million people. That is a lot of people.
Factor in how many will watch it online plus the fact that it's basically a greatest hits album with one new song on it that isn't that good.

All I'm gonna say is this:

you ungreatful gits!!

Be thankfull that your getting something previously unreleased and stop griping at e erything.

Really?...So we should be greatful for something that Michael never intended for us to hear in the first place, has he knew it was undone and wrapped up in legal issues?

Why would he want us to be greatful for a piece that he never wanted to be released?

It is a beautiful song though, but Sony made a mockery of Michael and his beliefs by releasing this as a "New song".

I am sick of the drama! 100,000 people is NOTHING in comparison to 6 billion people in this world (1 billion are MJ fans) and billions more love his music.

What damage has been done? The movie and song has already broken records.

The movie would of been a block buster WITHOUT the song! The song was thrown in last minute to support the movie, that's it!

Fans on this forum and other forums always overreact. Remember everything in your eyes is microscoped, the general public don't see it that way. Fans read every article, watch every poll, in almost all languages lol etc etc And then you stress, stress, stress because of it. Fans always get it wrong too and end up being "shocked" by the outcome of success. You all worry over nothing and think the worst and it never happens!

Did you think about who took part in the poll? Who knows who these people are, if there opinions are even worthy and who cares! A few thousand general random participants is nothing in comparison to the millions of crazy Michael lovers! His fan base is so big, with that alone, it is enough to make this all a success!

Everyone needs to chill.

applauds for this post!!:clapping::clapping:

its Michaels original song, Safire did a COVER for it
You can't do a cover of a song that wasn't released. So Safire did the original version. Stevie Wonder wrote a song called "All I Do" and gave it to Tammi Terrell in the mid 1960s. Stevie decided to record the song himself around 1979 or 80 and released it on his 1980 album "Hotter Than July". So technically Stevie's version is a cover.

The best part of the song is in the begining is when he goes "1,2,3,4" soo adorable :cry:

anyway I dont think the song was as bad as everyone saying, just not his best.

That's just semantics. I feel blessed to have a chance to hear "new to our ears" material..

No wonder Michael stressed over every beat, sound, and move he made, I never realized how critical some of us could be just because you feel it wasn't his best work. It's a ancient demo! Amazing how entitled some people feel...as for me, I'll take any scrap of music, I can get, that was touched by Michael because IMO it's special to me. Simply because he worked on it

Last edited:
I like the song its nice, but it could have been a lil better- but that doesnt matter. Like most of u guys have said , im grateful too that we will be bale to buy new material nonetheless.

current poll at www.cnn.com

Will you be paying for Michael Jackson's "This Is It" song, album or movie?

result:
yes: around 10,000
no: around 100,000
don't know yet: around 10,000

sorry, cnn is currently having problems loading now that i wanted to check back for the exact numbers, but this is what i just saw there.

can't sony do it right at least one time? everytime there's something nice surrounding michael, management fails and creeps turn up and make everything sour.

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It doesn't matter what that poll says. The movie is already sold out in the states. There is already a huge pre sale for the soundtrack on Amazon.com. There is nothing a phony CNN poll can do about it.

if they would release more new music in time for the dvd release of this is it then i would feel a little better

I am sick of the drama! 100,000 people is NOTHING in comparison to 6 billion people in this world (1 billion are MJ fans) and billions more love his music.

What damage has been done? The movie and song has already broken records.

The movie would of been a block buster WITHOUT the song! The song was thrown in last minute to support the movie, that's it!

Fans on this forum and other forums always overreact. Remember everything in your eyes is microscoped, the general public don't see it that way. Fans read every article, watch every poll, in almost all languages lol etc etc And then you stress, stress, stress because of it. Fans always get it wrong too and end up being "shocked" by the outcome of success. You all worry over nothing and think the worst and it never happens!

Did you think about who took part in the poll? Who knows who these people are, if there opinions are even worthy and who cares! A few thousand general random participants is nothing in comparison to the millions of crazy Michael lovers! His fan base is so big, with that alone, it is enough to make this all a success!

Everyone needs to chill.

Thanks for your reply because I needed to cool down. :depressed: :chillpill: :whistle2:

With all this negativity going on due to Sony’s incompetence and Anka’s disrespect and insult all of this ruined it for me, changed happiness into bitterness. But let’s be positive and I hope Michael’s mania will overshadow all of this negativity. :kickass: Let’s be positive.

I am happy with atleast hearing the track and learning MJ's complete lyrics. As far as the confusion, I agree with reports I have seen with even Paul Anka suggesting this was a simple mistake. I feel so many of you fans whine too much! Don't stir the drama. It's really no big deal. My only concern about This Is It is the final production. MJ was a perfectionist so he would have came bigger I am sure. But McClain produced it as a movie score for final credits. Next time I hope they pull in the best producers as MJ always did. No more half steppin' us fans aren't used to that. This Is It is a gem otherwise. Would had loved to see what Mike would had made of it had he ever attempted to complete it. Quincy Jones, Rodney Jerkins, or Teddy Riley should had been brought in on such a major record. This was a momentus occassion they could had strived harder for. That's my only dissapointment. But I am still grateful for having what we have, bc I want it all.

The airing of the song and all the talk about it has pushed the 'This Is It' album right to the top of many of Amazon's album charts!!

Not too bad for a PR disaster!!!

it's not supposed to be his best b/c it was never meant to be released. it was a demo, it's shoddily done, and mj wouldn't want it out. they only picked it cuz it fit the theme of the the 'doc'

well today I've decided to get rid of the anger I felt since this shit hit the fan. I'm just going to relax and anticipate the movie.

well today I've decided to get rid of the anger I felt since this shit hit the fan. I'm just going to relax and anticipate the movie.

I will try to do the same.

Hopefully, nothing else will come out. I don't think I could handle anymore drama.

To quote Mary J Blige: No more drama.

Controversy causes buzz which increases record sales. Well known fact. I don't think this will be a disaster in any sense of the word.

I'm really loving the song now, took a few listenings but i think it's quality stuff, not his best but if it was he would have released it now. I'll be buying it.

How is Sony making MJ look bad when they are advertising the movie all over the place? The song is meant for the ending of the movie. Maybe the songs he did with Ne-Yo, and Will i am weren't a good fit for the ending of the movie.

Fans are so picky. You wanted Sony to spend 20 million on a Unbreakable video back in 2001 when the album sales weren't good enough to deserve that high budget of a video and also radio in the USA wasn't even feeling the track. Especially r&b/hip hop stations in LA California. I remember Big Boy on Power 106 in LA saying its aiiiight, but Butterflies is hot. Same with Steve Harvey on 100.3 the beat. Radio prefered the song Butterflies.

(14-10-2009) Paul Anka got 50% of his own song, the one he wrote and recorded with Michael Jackson in 1983 but was released this week. In his recent article, Roger Friedman stated that Anka said he also got the promise of another song he wrote and recorded with the dead pop star to be included on a forthcoming album of previously unreleased material. That song is called “Love Never Felt So Good.”

But honestly, being a victim of theft never felt so good as Anka — a songwriting and performing superstar for five decades — cleaned up yesterday. He told me he got 50% of all the mechanical and publishing royalties to “This Is It” plus some points still being negotiated.

He’s not mad. But he does tell the story of how this happened. “Michael and I were recording two duets for my album in 1982 in Las Vegas. This was before “Thriller.” “I Never Heard” was one of them. Later when we were supposed to meet at the recording studio in Los Angeles, Michael didn’t show. The tapes were gone. The engineer told me Michael took them.”

Anka — furious — appealed to Jackson’s lawyer at the time, who was also his lawyer. Jackson eventually turned over the tapes, which belonged to Anka. “But he must have made copies,” Anka told me. “He took his copy and re-recorded the vocal, erasing mine. And that became ‘This Is It.’”

Anka ran into Jackson once at a lawyer’s office years after the incident, but they didn’t discuss what happened. It was always a sore spot for Anka, who eventually forgot about it. He got a minor hit out of the song in 1991 with singer Sa-Fire. Both “I Never Heard” and “Love Never Felt So Good” were registered at BMI under both their names.

“When the calls started coming in on Monday, I didn’t know what was going on,” Anka told me. He figured it out quickly. The Jackson executors were quick to fix the situation. “They didn’t know how it happened. No one there is to blame.”

Who is to blame? Michael Jackson. In death he’s just as much trouble as he is in life. This was an example of his basic dishonesty. He was not a great songwriter and often took credit for material that wasn’t his. “He was more of a riff writer than a melodist,” said Anka, whose hits include Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” and the theme music to the Johnny Carson “Tonight” Show.

“And then John McClain” — one of Jackson’s executors — called me up after this happened and said, the other best song in the box of tapes I found is called “Love Never Felt So Good,” Anka told me. “I told him, that’s mine, too.”

So that is it, and I’m sure Michael Jackson’s legions of fans will be upset to hear this or dispute it. But the story of this single should not interfere with the “This Is It” movie or much else. (Ridiculously, Jackson received nominations from the second-rate American Music Awards yesterday.) Rather, it speaks to Jackson. It also recalls an incident in 2001 when he “stole” the finished tapes for his “Invincible” album and refused to return them until Sony procured him a part in “Men in Black 2.” That’s the real Michael Jackson, whether he was murdered or not.

Maybe “This Is It,” the single, is jinxed. McClain actually had Michael’s brothers Jackie, Marlon and Tito add backup vocals to it. (It’s unclear whether Jermaine ever showed up.) The only thing Michael would have wanted less was his father in charge of his estate or children. So maybe “This Is It” is just being haunted.

Source: MJFC / Showbiz411.com

it's not supposed to be his best b/c it was never meant to be released. it was a demo, it's shoddily done, and mj wouldn't want it out. they only picked it cuz it fit the theme of the the 'doc'

I think the source of the audio is a tape it is not digital

(14-10-2009)
Who is to blame? Michael Jackson. In death he’s just as much trouble as he is in life. This was an example of his basic dishonesty. He was not a great songwriter and often took credit for material that wasn’t his. “He was more of a riff writer than a melodist,” said Anka, whose hits include Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” and the theme music to the Johnny Carson “Tonight” Show.

“And then John McClain” — one of Jackson’s executors — called me up after this happened and said, the other best song in the box of tapes I found is called “Love Never Felt So Good,” Anka told me. “I told him, that’s mine, too.”

So that is it, and I’m sure Michael Jackson’s legions of fans will be upset to hear this or dispute it. But the story of this single should not interfere with the “This Is It” movie or much else. (Ridiculously, Jackson received nominations from the second-rate American Music Awards yesterday.) Rather, it speaks to Jackson. It also recalls an incident in 2001 when he “stole” the finished tapes for his “Invincible” album and refused to return them until Sony procured him a part in “Men in Black 2.” That’s the real Michael Jackson, whether he was murdered or not.

Source: MJFC / Showbiz411.com

Sorry but what?!

This 'article' is full of personal digs.. thats not journalism.. where did that 'article' come from, who wrote it?

and How exactly do you 'steal' the tapes of your own album?

And Michael never released TII did he? sony did. So how did he do anything wrong..he just had a personal copy..?

Who is to blame? Michael Jackson. In death he’s just as much trouble as he is in life. This was an example of his basic dishonesty. He was not a great songwriter and often took credit for material that wasn’t his. “He was more of a riff writer than a melodist,”

Sorry but what?!

This 'article' is full of personal digs.. thats not journalism.. where did that 'article' come from, who wrote it?

and How exactly do you 'steal' the tapes of your own album?

And Michael never released TII did he? sony did. So how did he do anything wrong..he just had a personal copy..?
I agree _ I reported that article to the mods :(
That article they posted is from Roger Friedman and it is not allowed here
TABLOID attacks against MJ and TRASH

Back