THIS IS IT-Earth Song??...

I think he will do Earth Song because it is, like others have said, his biggest #1 single in the UK. How could he not perform it if it was such a huge hit there? I think he should perform it because I think it is very relevant to our current earth environment issues. Earth Song has never been my most favorite song, but in recent years, I grown to like it more and I like the message in the song. It's a great message in my own opinion. :)

Last edited:
I hate Earth Song, but perhaps that's because he's never delivered a good performance of it before. Always been needlessly mimed and overblown, and quite cringe-worthy. The 1996 WMAs and Brit Awards sre two of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

It just seems to me that MJ has done a lot of save-the-world type songs and he's never bettered Man In The Mirror. I don't see the point in including more than one in each concert, and if he's going to include one then he should make it the best one.

No! :bugeyed

The WMA performance is one of my favourites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-p48-v01uI
All "Earth Song" performances should be like this. No need for a craine, it takes away from the dancing. The sidewalk at 5:30 is awesome. :punk:

No! :bugeyed

The WMA performance is one of my favourites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-p48-v01uI
All "Earth Song" performances should be like this. No need for a craine, it takes away from the dancing. The sidewalk at 5:30 is awesome. :punk:

Yes the WMA performance is great but dont you think the craine is kind of a tradition for Earth Song ?? I think so, well craine or no craine I'll still love the show

its his biggest selling UK single so of course its gonna be done. its a greatest hits tour afterall. HTW is great aswell. pretty emotional being in a pit with 70,000 ppl. holding hands in the air with ppl u dont even know singing that song as if for that moment in time u can all change the world for the better

eriously,ur pissing me off
prob as to why they have been banned on loads of boards and now come here

HTW is great aswell. pretty emotional being in a pit with 70,000 ppl. holding hands in the air with ppl u dont even know singing that song as if for that moment in time u can all change the world for the better

Ah wow, I wish I could experience that.

yeah its something ill always remember. maybe im a sucker for the emotional songs lol but its an amazing feeling and one of the things i love about being an mj fan

yeah its something ill always remember. maybe im a sucker for the emotional songs lol but its an amazing feeling and one of the things i love about being an mj fan

I have never been to an MJ concert and im going in september and hopefully the last show if I can afford the prices on ebay lol, and one thing I really cant wait to see is the effect that the emotional songs have on me and the rest of the crowd.

If haven't seen a better one than this one because Michael moves like a God. He does all of them smooth robot moves :bugeyed but the craine in this song is a MUST.

I agree, the craine is a MUST,but Im wondering if at 50 he will risk doing it. Im sure he can do it but if he will do it is a different story

I can see why some people dont like the BIG over-blown performance of the song with the tank etc, but i think the brunei performance was the best, its raw and he even sings some of it live...in which he sounds amazing, but for the O2 shows i dont mind if its a BIGGER than ever over the top blown out performance, but it could also be just Michael and a micstand with a spot light on him would be just as good!!!!!

Earth Song is one of my all time favorite MJ songs. A Michael Jackson concert without this song is less good then one where he performs it. I don't care if it is live. I don't expect it to be live, because it is one of Michael toughest songs vocally.

I saw this live. I know what it does to the show. It takes it to another level.

And anyone saying they hate the tank sequence at the end, probably never saw this live.

The crowd was completely swept away by it. They booed the soldier when he pointed the rifle at Michael. When MJ stood on the crane everyone was in aw, looking up reaching up their arms to touch Michael, even if he was to high up.

I stood right under the crane, and Michael looked down on us. I know he saw us. I looked right at him, and for one second he looked right at me before turning to look at the others. And I did not imagine this, lol.

Earth Song is one of my all time favorite MJ songs. A Michael Jackson concert without this song is less good then one where he performs it. I don't care if it is live. I don't expect it to be live, because it is one of Michael toughest songs vocally.

I saw this live. I know what it does to the show. It takes it to another level.

And anyone saying they hate the tank sequence at the end, probably never saw this live.

The crowd was completely swept away by it. They booed the soldier when he pointed the rifle at Michael. When MJ stood on the crane everyone was in aw, looking up reaching up their arms to touch Michael, even if he was to high up.

I stood right under the crane, and Michael looked down on us. I know he saw us. I looked right at him, and for one second he looked right at me before turning to look at the others. And I did not imagine this, lol.

wow that sounds so amazing I remember my dad telling me about when MJ did Earth Song on the HIStory tour it was kinda a different story he said he was underneith him and he thought MJ was gonna fall on him lol.

I hope he does Earth Song in the This Is It shows :angel: and if he does I hope he flies over me heh heh!!! :p

Id be very suprised if he didn't perform the earth song. I hope he keeps it simple, No need for all these extra messeges. The song does that for it's self. Correct me if im wrong but has MJ ever used the craine in a indoor arena?..if my memory serves me correctly i don't think so...
So i doubt will see it.

Either way it will be flawless!

Id be very suprised if he didn't perform the earth song. I hope he keeps it simple, No need for all these extra messeges. The song does that for it's self. Correct me if im wrong but has MJ ever used the craine in a indoor arena?..if my memory serves me correctly i don't think so...
So i doubt will see it.

Either way it will be flawless!

Im not sure if he's used the craine in an indoor stadium, you are probably right. I just hope he does it, but im sure he will as I've said before Earth Song was MJ's biggest UK hit.

That's what I thought as well, raz2911, it was his biggest single here in the UK.

And just because he hasn't used a crane indoors before doesn't mean he won't This Time Around....

I don't know... the crane is kinda played out... I hope he comes up with something different this time!

That's what I thought as well, raz2911, it was his biggest single here in the UK.

And just because he hasn't used a crane indoors before doesn't mean he won't This Time Around....

Michael used a crane at the Brit Awards, and that was indoors:)

The tank scene was too over the top. And the whole thing with him stopping the soldier firing his gun was just ridiculous IMO. The general UK public don't want to see that stuff again.

Even though Earth Song had astounding success back in the day, since then it has been voted as one of the worst songs ever in several major polls. I'm not sure that people really want to watch it all, despite the immense sales. It is one of my personal favourites though, so I'll be happy if he does perform it.

Michael used a crane at the Brit Awards, and that was indoors:)

And he must of used the crane at MSG Bad tour 89 which is indoor for Beat It!!!? ahhhhhh where is the footage of that?? MSG Bad tour is so RARE!!!!!

Back