THIS IS IT-Earth Song??...

I really hope you do not have tickets. The "same shit" you refer to are MJ's greatest hits.

Anyone who thinks MJ is going to drop his classic hits in favour of unreleased material are going to be sorely disappointed.

As long as he sings most of the songs live then i will be more than happy.
Don't worry about me... I have more tickets than you.... obviously he's gonna sing the hits, but if he only relies on the hits posted in that one set list, which I refered to as same old shit, then I probably might get rid of some of my tickets! He has about 60 songs to choose from... add to that the Jackson 5 and Jacksons songs! It's not too much asked to get a diverse setlist which covers every corner and doesn't include the 15 songs he's always doing! I truely hope that there will be some surprises and songs he didn't perform on the Dangerous and HIStory tours and I'm not talking about unreleased material, as I have no desire to see that!

Maybe you've seen too many shows. Good point in time to let other people go, who don't consider these classics to be 'shit'. If you have a ticket... maybe you can give it to someone who might actually appreciate it.
Wow! Great advice... didn't ask for it, but thanks anyway! ;)

And regarding Earth Song, it's not that I don't like the song... it's just that he already did it on the last tour (I saw it 20 times) and there is not so much to add to it... beside it being pointless if it's only lipsynched... so I'd rather he do a different song instead... or maybe two shorter different songs instead ;) !

Last edited:
And regarding Earth Song, it's not that I don't like the song... it's just that he already did it on the last tour (I saw it 20 times) and there is not so much to add to it... beside it being pointless if it's only lipsynched... so I'd rather he do a different song instead... or maybe two shorter different songs instead ;) !

WOW you went to the HIStory tour 20 times :eek: im so jealous I love the HIStory tour, I think its my favourite tour of MJ's

And, I would love to see different songs too, but not all of us are as fortunate as you to be able to have seen it 20 times, this is the first tour I was old enough to go too, so Im praying he does Earth Song.

About the different songs I would like to see more from the invinsible album songs like Cry and You are my life (love that song), I m not too bothered about what he does, Im just grateful im going to see him live for the first time

Wow! Great advice... didn't ask for it, but thanks anyway!
Sometimes, the way you put things, invokes getting advice on a voluntary basis... ;)

Itd be cool if he had the stage done up like the video and swung off the trees at the end though!!

I hear what your saying, YOU dont want the same hits as on previous tours, Id kill to see some song performed that he hasnt done before but people paying for tickets WANT Billie Jean and the Moonwalk, Beat It with the routine etc etc, fans want unperformed songs and new routines because we have watched everything we can get our hands on, but out of 1 million people it has to be said that most will be casual concert goers wanting to see the Michael Jackson experiance, thered be too many complaints of "I didnt know half them songs" if he had Who is it, lady in my life give in to me and all the rest of the fan favs. MJ will always take the same show on the road because its famous

WOW you went to the HIStory tour 20 times :eek: im so jealous I love the HIStory tour, I think its my favourite tour of MJ's
Yeah, I did... and yes,the HIStory Tour as a whole, as a concept, from the very first intro to the last HIStory commercial and the classical music at the end, is also my favourite MJ tour... purely judging the show, the presentation, the execution and the flow... but in hindsight, the fact that there was so little live singing cheapens the quality of the show quite a lot!

And, I would love to see different songs too, but not all of us are as fortunate as you to be able to have seen it 20 times, this is the first tour I was old enough to go too, so Im praying he does Earth Song.
And even if I wouldn't have seen it 20 times I still wouldn't want it to be performed again... we all saw those recordings from all over the world... time for something different... if he would choose sing the song live then I'd say "Great, let's hear it!", but if he just lipsynchs then I have to ask "Where's the point?"

I hear what your saying, YOU dont want the same hits as on previous tours, Id kill to see some song performed that he hasnt done before but people paying for tickets WANT Billie Jean and the Moonwalk, Beat It with the routine etc etc, fans want unperformed songs and new routines because we have watched everything we can get our hands on, but out of 1 million people it has to be said that most will be casual concert goers wanting to see the Michael Jackson experiance, thered be too many complaints of "I didnt know half them songs" if he had Who is it, lady in my life give in to me and all the rest of the fan favs. MJ will always take the same show on the road because its famous
Yeah, it's always the same argument... I wonder who is more important... the die-hards or the casuals?! Tickets are sold and since he will never perform in London again, he doesn't have to please anyone (or care if they will ever buy tickets again)! Besides, he always will do Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat it... so why not trying to find a middle ground between the big hits and the lesser known songs?! Geez, maybe people will even like the lesser known songs!

Sometimes, the way you put things, invokes getting advice on a voluntary basis... ;)
Thanks! But there is no need really... I just tell it how I see it!

Yeah, it's always the same argument... I wonder who is more important... the die-hards or the casuals?! Tickets are sold and since he will never perform in London again, he doesn't have to please anyone (or care if they will ever buy tickets again)! Besides, he always will do Thriller, Billie Jean and Beat it... so why not trying to find a middle ground between the big hits and the lesser known songs?! Geez, maybe people will even like the lesser known songs!
quote]

But the famous songs are famous FAMOUS songs, Im all for the lesser known songs and totally agree the general public would like just as much as us, but you know the score

I wonder who is more important... the die-hards or the casuals?!

I think all fans are important. Because without them, an artist would be nowhere. But it's harder to please die-hards. Because they've seen it all a zillion times. The ones who have not been that fortunate would love to see the most famous songs performed live. Because it doesn't matter how many times you see it on dvd or youtube, a live experience is something quite different.

So in this case I would say: yes, focus on the 'regular' fans, who didn't have that experience yet.

Hoofmark, is right in a way but the die hard fans are just as important if not more so. Michael aims to please everyone even the haters its so im sure we will all be happy after the show, he was born to please and to entertain and thats what he will do

^^both and I'll be happy :D
but the thing though (for me) is I've listened to this song for so many years, loving iiiiit!! and LOVE the muic video. I LOVE the way he does it onstage and yeah i've seen it on VHS a 1000s of times from history tours, but that made me want to see it myself with my own eyes once too!!
and that "once" is now :D finally!!! after 14 years!

so..even though people are tired of these songs there are so many who's always wanted to see this with their own eyes, michael infront of you performing it.live or not (vocally) just the whole song, the way it builds up is amazing!

I wanna see all the MUST-HAVE songs like MJ says (which we all kinda know what songs they are) AND of course "never performed before" songs..

like keep the faith

Watching MJ perform Earth Song live is very different from watching old footage of him performing it. I know because I have seen him perform it live. and at that time, I did not care or pay attention to if he sang it live or not. This goes for all the songs performed. If you have seen many MJ concerts, it is a different story, because you start to anticipate certain things. Even if you have seen a concert DVD and start to anticipate things, you will be amazed once you are there. You always remember your first time, lol.

And I bet, or I would hope that when MJ kicks off his show, people are not gonna give him the piss for what song he chose to play. I think the only thing I heard people complaining about on the history tour( leaving aside hardcore fans talking only about lip syncing) was that he did not perform man in the mirror, will you be there and bad.

Other then that people do not talk about what songs he did or not. He always do the biggest songs(so for you who complain about getting the same shit, stop being fans because you are the reason why he chooses to always include the three big one's from the Thriller album. That will never change).

And it is false to say that the setlists from Bad, Dangerous and History tour were all the same. They were different on each tour. The thing that has stayed the same since the Victory Tour is the layout of the show. How it starts, how it continues and how it ends.

Michael has followed a formula his entire career, and has never stopped using it.

He will probably follow that same path now, and use the best of what he has to use of technology and people to create HIS vision of a live concert. So we die hard fans will see a typical Michael Jackson concert with probably some new twist to it from previous tours + some new shit we haven' seen before, and all the new people watching him live for the first time are gonna see something they have never seen before.

He HAS to do it that way. He is not performing for just the fans, but for everyone. And the one word that follows every rehearsal, every idea of the show is "Magic"

And only the master knows how to create magic on stage.

Watching MJ perform Earth Song live is very different from watching old footage of him performing it. I know because I have seen him perform it live. and at that time, I did not care or pay attention to if he sang it live or not. This goes for all the songs performed. If you have seen many MJ concerts, it is a different story, because you start to anticipate certain things. Even if you have seen a concert DVD and start to anticipate things, you will be amazed once you are there. You always remember your first time, lol.

And I bet, or I would hope that when MJ kicks off his show, people are not gonna give him the piss for what song he chose to play. I think the only thing I heard people complaining about on the history tour( leaving aside hardcore fans talking only about lip syncing) was that he did not perform man in the mirror, will you be there and bad.

Other then that people do not talk about what songs he did or not. He always do the biggest songs(so for you who complain about getting the same shit, stop being fans because you are the reason why he chooses to always include the three big one's from the Thriller album. That will never change).

And it is false to say that the setlists from Bad, Dangerous and History tour were all the same. They were different on each tour. The thing that has stayed the same since the Victory Tour is the layout of the show. How it starts, how it continues and how it ends.

Michael has followed a formula his entire career, and has never stopped using it.

He will probably follow that same path now, and use the best of what he has to use of technology and people to create HIS vision of a live concert. So we die hard fans will see a typical Michael Jackson concert with probably some new twist to it from previous tours + some new shit we haven' seen before, and all the new people watching him live for the first time are gonna see something they have never seen before.

He HAS to do it that way. He is not performing for just the fans, but for everyone. And the one word that follows every rehearsal, every idea of the show is "Magic"

And only the master knows how to create magic on stage.

:clapping:yes

As long as he doenst use the bridge like he did in Munich i am fine.
That scared the crap out of me, when he came down so fast...right in front of us.

As long as he doenst use the bridge like he did in Munich i am fine.
That scared the crap out of me, when he came down so fast...right in front of us.

I was scared for Michael when I saw that, plus it made it obvious that he was miming when he never even reacted.On the other hand it did look amazing I have to say

Earth sONG IS LEGENDARY !!!

Im praying this will be performed!

It'll be amazing with all the hi tech stuff we got now!

I hope he uses the craine sooo much it wont be the same without it but at the same time I want something different if you get what I mean

Oh lord

please no earth song !

7 minutes of wasting time!

How is that a waste of time? Because IF he lipsynches it...it won't mean much cause there's no dancing or something like that? That song is brilliant...and the video of it is amazing too.

^^^Me too!!!lol It's my no 1 MJ song!!!
But live singing, no tank pls.

I hate Earth Song, but perhaps that's because he's never delivered a good performance of it before. Always been needlessly mimed and overblown, and quite cringe-worthy. The 1996 WMAs and Brit Awards sre two of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

It just seems to me that MJ has done a lot of save-the-world type songs and he's never bettered Man In The Mirror. I don't see the point in including more than one in each concert, and if he's going to include one then he should make it the best one.

I hate Earth Song, but perhaps that's because he's never delivered a good performance of it before. Always been needlessly mimed and overblown, and quite cringe-worthy. The 1996 WMAs and Brit Awards sre two of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen.

It just seems to me that MJ has done a lot of save-the-world type songs and he's never bettered Man In The Mirror. I don't see the point in including more than one in each concert, and if he's going to include one then he should make it the best one.

The "Earth Song" is the most beautiful song of Michael.

seriously,ur pissing me off

Back