This Is It Cd and T shirts Release Tomorow 26 october on fnac

Memefan

Proud Member
This is it on Itunes ***Official***

Exclusive: Michael Jackson’s This Is It Will Be Sold in iTunes

The king of pop’s first posthumous album will be sold in the iTunes store, Wired.com has learned.
An Apple spokesman confirmed that iTunes will in fact sell Michael Jackson’s This Is It album, settling confusion about whether Sony’s insistence that the album be sold as a bundle conflicted with iTunes’ general practice of selling songs as individual downloads.
Apple and Sony have agreed to meet somewhere in the middle. As such, iTunes will sell two versions of the album — the larger containing everything that’s on the physical offering (two versions of the new “This Is It” single, four demos, and 14 previously-released “greatest hits” tracks), while the smaller E.P. (extended play single) version will contain only the six previously unreleased tracks.
“We look forward to offering the new Michael Jackson album, as well as a digital-only E.P. with six previously unreleased tracks, providing fans a great way to get all of the new songs,” said Apple in a statement issued to Wired.com. “The iTunes Store will offer the album-only single “This Is It” on both the album and E.P.”
As it turns out, Apple does not have a firm policy against selling bundled music. Rather, exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis, as happened here and with albums from (iTunes links) Dirty Vegas, Herbie Hancock, and Trey Songs, and the O Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack.
This double-bundle approach means fans won’t be able to cherrypick the new single for 99 cents. However, the compromise also gives them a way to purchase only the new material, rather than putting up with the old CD model of purchasing a bunch of unwanted or already acquired material, just to get one or two tracks of interest.
Apple said that the full-length and E.P. versions of the album will go on sale in the iTunes on October 26, the day before the double CD version goes on sale.

http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009...humous-album-will-be-sold-in-itunes-afterall/

:clapping::clapping:

Re: This is it on Itunes ***Official***

I already ordered the double ltd version cd. Maybe i can also get the itunes as well.

Great news! Unreleased tracks EP sounds like what many fans have been wishing for. FINALLY some good news from Sony! (But we still don't like 'em too much ;))

Great news! Unreleased tracks EP sounds like what many fans have been wishing for. FINALLY some good news from Sony! (But we still don't like 'em too much ;))

I think they mean the demo's and the this is it songs....

This is the first good move by Sony so far. There was no way I was going to buy the complete set, but if I can buy the 6 "new" songs separately, I will.

all good and well but if no single is released no number 1 and its mikes last chance to have a number 1 in 5 consecutive decades

Will you be able to buy the songs individually? Or only as an album..because if you can buy them individually does that mean technically Michael could have another number 1 single?

ETA: Nevermind I obviously didn't read it properly, I think it's just being sold as two different album bundles right? So no number 1 :(

Last edited:

This is great news. Now I can get all the unreleased songs in a one shot bundle and not pay for all the music I already have. Finally, some good news on Sony's behalf.

Hmmm... so still no release of the TII radio edit... thought that would have been the easiest option, even if it was a one track single...

Wonder if they'll use the Single Artwork for the EP?

And, yes, unfortunately EP's can't chart in the UK, so no #1 for TII (single). Positive the album still will though :)

Am i the only one that is happy with the decision of NOT releasing TII as a single?

I don't want Anka to take credit for anything else EVER AGAIN. And after calling MJ a thief, I don't care much about that song being in MJ's catalogue as his 14th no 1.

I will wait for his next album / single release.

Great news.

^^^

Agreed! :lol:

Wow! They've listened!

Doe's the EP count towards single/album chart? and is this global?

I wanna download the whole album from iTunes, but my family couldn't get iTunes Store to work.

Well, it wasn't my problem technically, the iTunes Store said the Safari needs to be upgraded to get the store working.

Re: This Is It Merchandise

Yeh, this is what I find strange.. the £30 package is different from the £25 package because it includes a 'Standard Film Ticket' ... do people who are going have to pay extra to have a proper cinema ticket? I'm confused.

Re: This Is It Merchandise

Yeh, this is what I find strange.. the £30 package is different from the £25 package because it includes a 'Standard Film Ticket' ... do people who are going have to pay extra to have a proper cinema ticket? I'm confused.

I think that the £30 package just includes a ticket for the film rather than buying it separately if you haven't already got one.

**** OMG This Is It Album already out ****

Hi all,

Oh My God ! i thought the release date for the Album was 27th Oct, i just called up my local JB-Hi store in Fyshwick (Canberra Australia) and they said it was already out 4 days ago, i said what the? then went 2 pick it up.

The bass in This Is It single is amazing, also the Demos on the 2nd disc are brilliant, along with his poem.

The CD booklet has recent pics of the rehearsals and are great :)

Has any1 else got there hands on the CD ?

Kind Regards,

Romen

Re: **** OMG This Is It Album already out ****

Yep, there are already many threads like this.

Re: **** OMG This Is It Album already out ****

Hi all,

Oh My God ! i thought the release date for the Album was 27th Oct, i just called up my local JB-Hi store in Fyshwick (Canberra Australia) and they said it was already out 4 days ago, i said what the? then went 2 pick it up.

The bass in This Is It single is amazing, also the Demos on the 2nd disc are brilliant, along with his poem.

The CD booklet has recent pics of the rehearsals and are great :)

Has any1 else got there hands on the CD ?

Kind Regards,

Romen

Yeah mate - I got mine from the JB Hi-Fi at the Canberra Centre two days ago. I'm really impressed with it - it's a great compilation!

When can i buy this???? Midnight tonight?? UK itunes btw

Back