The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

It's my Michael Birthday tribute celebration show on Urban Smooth tomorrow night. All Michael bar 5 new songs from new acts...hits, Deep Cuts and focusing on some of the lovely ballads Michael has sung through the years.

It's my Michael Birthday tribute celebration show on Urban Smooth tomorrow night. All Michael bar 5 new songs from new acts...hits, Deep Cuts and focusing on some of the lovely ballads Michael has sung through the years.
Just started listening. I'm all in. :)

SITD - lovely start to the programme. Just what I need to hear this week. :love:

Thank you for listening. I was praying it went out we're having thunder storms here. I was panicking it might have cut off the signal. I'm on the bus coming home listening...phew...

Thank you for listening. I was praying it went out we're having thunder storms here. I was panicking it might have cut off the signal. I'm on the bus coming home listening...phew...
That was epic. Especially the first hour, most especially 7 - 7.30pm.

Brilliant!

That was epic. Especially the first hour, most especially 7 - 7.30pm.

Brilliant!
Thank you :) most appreciated. I was at a songwriters convention today talking about radio and song submissions etc and someone brought up my Michael picks for the show and said they are well received. So more MJ😁

Thank you :) most appreciated. I was at a songwriters convention today talking about radio and song submissions etc and someone brought up my Michael picks for the show and said they are well received. So more MJ😁
So what did you play then?

So what did you play then?
I have a list! :D

1 - Wish Upon A Star
2 - SITD
3 - Even Though You're Gone
4 - Push Me Away
5 - Happy
6 - We're Almost There
7 - ODIYL
That was just 7pm - 7.30pm! :)

8 - megamix Pt.1
9 - I Can't Help It
10 - Liberian Girl
11 - For All Time
12 - Monkey Business
13 - Streetwalker

25 mins of new music (not Michael)

14 - Scared of the Moon
15 - Little Susie (excluding the Pie Jesu)
16 - Fall Again
17 - Whatever Happens
18 - megamix Pt.2
19 - Human Nature
20 - WYBT

Last edited:
Thanks @zinniabooklover for the list. [...]
Yeah, sorry for jumping in there but I got over-excited, lol. I still have my list from last year knocking around somewhere. I need to dig it out.

I just listened to it all over again today. The kind of day I'm having, it was the antidote I needed. :)

Yeah, sorry for jumping in there but I got over-excited, lol. I still have my list from last year knocking around somewhere. I need to dig it out.

I just listened to it all over again today. The kind of day I'm having, it was the antidote I needed. :)
Doing this weeks show now. Curtis Mayfield is on the list :),

Earlier today, the local R&B station played all Mike song for an hour. But only songs from Off The Wall & Thriller, nothing else

Human Nature
Rock With You
The Lady In My Life
She's Out Of My Life
P.Y.T.
Working Day And Night
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Don't Stop Til' You Get Enough
Thriller

Around a hour after this, the same station played Butterflies

And this is not the radio but on Wednesday my PE teacher played Billie Jean on the speaker during PE. I stared throwing the football better and actually catching it because, what I like to say, “Michael’s music has magical effects on me”

Good choice but I had to bail. Sometimes that one is too much for me, especially if I'm a bit wobbly which I am just now. Those 'hee hee's. :(
It was a deepish show....the theme was the singer and the golden age of song. A lot of Jazz, ballads, and songs with a deeper tone. It was a change from the dance stuff....Whitney and Memories made the cut too. Movie show next week...I'm thinking On the line.....it was from a movie first...the only other MJ movie songs are Wybt, Ben, Childhood, the wiz stuff, but I've done that already.

It was a deepish show....the theme was the singer and the golden age of song. A lot of Jazz, ballads, and songs with a deeper tone. It was a change from the dance stuff....Whitney and Memories made the cut too. Movie show next week...I'm thinking On the line.....it was from a movie first...the only other MJ movie songs are Wybt, Ben, Childhood, the wiz stuff, but I've done that already.
I started off just fine and thought I was in for the duration. But, like I said, sometimes Who Is It just completely undoes me and I'm a bit all over the place this week.

(K, mines has a small story so I'll tell it)
So me and my dad were in the car and we put on the 80's radio (because I listen to lots of 80's music despite me being 13!) And Open Your Heart by Madonna came on and at the end of the song I told my dad that Michael and Madonna dated in the early 90's and then PYT started to play! I freaked out (I was in a state of shock) because 1) I was JUST talking about Michael and 2) they played PYT normally it's Beat It or Billie Jean. So, glad it's something new! I sang along to the lyrics and it was awesome! Then I thanked FM radio for playing M's music

Between yesterday & today, I heard The Way You Make Me Feel on 3 different local radio stations. I didn't actually listen to any of them all the way, I was just flipping through the stations. I also heard Man In The Mirror this morning.

Back