The ‘YAY I JUST HEARD MICHAEL ON THE RADIO’ Thread

Was it cut entirely, or was the rap section instrumental?

The edit with instrumental rap section is a rarity. It was only released on a couple of unofficial TM Records GoldDiscs, as far as I know. (It can however easily be spliced together using the official radio edit and instrumental version, too.)
Cut entirely. Like there's this sudden jump cut from the "I am tired of this devil" bridge to the last verse/chorus.

Wanna be starting something ....in the pub though....not the radio. I did spin IJCSLY on the radio tonight.
I know you did and also Curtis Mayfield which, OK, is off-topic but I don't care. It was awesome hearing Curtis on radio. Very exciting. Also, that was a good sign-off. :)

MJ Fans, Assemble! It’s time to vote for the Smooth Icon 2023​

ByAdmin Team
July 24, 2023

Smooth Radio in the UK are again doing their ultimate poll to find out which artist is the Smooth Icons of all time!
All you need to do is pick up to 10 of your favourite music icons, and we’ll then count down the full top 100 on Monday, August 28. Perfect as this is Michael’s Birthday!
Michael has been #1 of the Smooth Icon for now 3 years in the row including last year.
Let’s do it again MJ fans! Time to vote HERE

MJ Fans, Assemble! It’s time to vote for the Smooth Icon 2023​

ByAdmin Team
July 24, 2023

Smooth Radio in the UK are again doing their ultimate poll to find out which artist is the Smooth Icons of all time!
All you need to do is pick up to 10 of your favourite music icons, and we’ll then count down the full top 100 on Monday, August 28. Perfect as this is Michael’s Birthday!
Michael has been #1 of the Smooth Icon for now 3 years in the row including last year.
Let’s do it again MJ fans! Time to vote HERE
Michael’s birthday is August 29.

Today I had a doctor's appointment farther away than usual. On the way home I decided to listen to the radio. I should note, that I NEVER listen to the radio. The only time I ever hear the radio is when I'm out in public shopping, or dining, or generally wasting money. I have not elected to listen to the radio like this in probably a year, but today I decided to give it a try. For about five minutes I flipped through the stations. Then, at some point, I shouted up to the sky "Michael, send me a song!" And wouldn't you know it, magically, I flipped the stations a few more times and landed on HUMAN NATURE. Human mother f'n Nature.

I screamed. I screamed so loud. I screamed the entire length of the song. I screamed thank you to Michael and I screamed the lyrics and I screamed until I felt insane. But my God. This man always pulls through. I have never heard Human Nature unexpectedly like this and it had an effect!!!

So yeah. That was exciting lol.

Today I had a doctor's appointment farther away than usual. On the way home I decided to listen to the radio. I should note, that I NEVER listen to the radio. The only time I ever hear the radio is when I'm out in public shopping, or dining, or generally wasting money. I have not elected to listen to the radio like this in probably a year, but today I decided to give it a try. For about five minutes I flipped through the stations. Then, at some point, I shouted up to the sky "Michael, send me a song!" And wouldn't you know it, magically, I flipped the stations a few more times and landed on HUMAN NATURE. Human mother f'n Nature.

I screamed. I screamed so loud. I screamed the entire length of the song. I screamed thank you to Michael and I screamed the lyrics and I screamed until I felt insane. But my God. This man always pulls through. I have never heard Human Nature unexpectedly like this and it had an effect!!!

So yeah. That was exciting lol.
I have a similar story, I was in the back seat of the car and it was me and my dad and he NEVER plays the radio but he did for that drive and I was even like 'is this my dad or a random dude who looks exactly like my dad?' he turned it on at the ending of a song I don't know and then the radio guy said 'now will be Billie Jean playing' I smiled so big. it was my first time hearing MJ on air and I sang the lyrics with my hearts' content (ofc I thanked M as well for the nice first 'hearing MJ on the radio' experience))

I heard P.Y.T at my sister and brother in Laws surprise 15th wedding anniversary lol. They danced to it.

I also heard Blame it on the Boogie, and broke it down to that at the party. The highlight for me.

I hear him on the radio all the time but just yesterday "Beat It" was being played at our local trampoline park. We take our kids there all the time and they play Michael quite a bit :cool: :love:

Also, years ago when I was at a club, they were playing This Time Around - I was pleasantly surprised as I've never heard any of Michael's music played at a club before besides Don't Stop, Billie Jean, or You Rock My World.

Footballer Ian Wright chose WBSS as part of his "tracks of my years" choices on BBC Radio 2 today.

On a side note, Busted have released a new version of "Year3000" ft. Jonas Bothers... I waited to make sure and yes, still features "Michael Jackson" loud and proud in the lyrics xx
Funny, since the Jonas Brothers version said "Kelly Clarkson".

I checked our radiostations and it is just frustrates me that some stations only play a handful of songs and never anything else. This,is probably the same with other legendary artist. Do these programmers not get bored of playing the same handful of songs time and time again? MJ had like 40 hits but hey lets play the same 3 over and over again!

Earth Song is also peculiar. There is only 1 radio station that regularly plays it, the other main stations never play it. Then heal the world and will you be there are regulars on another station but they never get a spin on the station that plays earth song. I’m clueless about the reasoning behind it 🙃

Do these programmers not get bored of playing the same handful of songs time and time again?
No they never get tired of Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Stairway To Heaven (Led Zeppelin), My Girl (The Temptations), Jump (Van Halen), Don't Stop Believing (Journey), Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics), I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor), & Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi) :ROFLMAO:

No they never get tired of Freebird (Lynyrd Skynyrd), Stairway To Heaven (Led Zeppelin), My Girl (The Temptations), Jump (Van Halen), Don't Stop Believing (Journey), Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics), I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor), & Livin' On A Prayer (Bon Jovi) :ROFLMAO:
Lol it does my head in. I listen to a 70s radio station and every single day they play the same songs, infuriating 😂

I hear him on the radio all the time but just yesterday "Beat It" was being played at our local trampoline park. We take our kids there all the time and they play Michael quite a bit :cool: :love:

Also, years ago when I was at a club, they were playing This Time Around - I was pleasantly surprised as I've never heard any of Michael's music played at a club before besides Don't Stop, Billie Jean, or You Rock My World.
Wow, what a cool choice of song!!

Last week, two days after hearing "Human Nature" I took another drive and gambled on radio again. In the first 5 minutes I heard "PYT" and almost crashed my car from the sheer delight of it all lol. His little voice, all flirty in the intro, and my poor woman heart trying to survive the moment... I haven't listened to the radio since then, but there is truly nothing like hearing MJ at a totally unexpected time :love:

Back