The way Michael talks...?

when i read Kenny say Indiana...i thought to myself, hmmm, i don't say 'Kenny' like that and i was born and raised in northern Indiana.
but then i thought to myself, hmmmmmm.... maybe i do say 'Kenny' like that???lmao.

in that alabama footage he said he liked the way 'they spoke down there' about southerners....and then he said ''its like they are speaking a different language''

he spoke from indiana. but, with 'mj speak' mixed in.
'come on' became shamone.:p

Yep, totally in love with his voice/accent/speech patterns. The whole Jackson family has a very distinct way of speaking, though. They all speak in a similar manner. But yeah - Michael definitely talks in "MJ Speak". =)

His voice makes me melt...i could listen to it all day to :)

Thats why i love the episode where he's in The Simpsons, its so obvious its Michaels vocie because its so pure and distinctive. He has the most beautiful voice ever.

Oh i love the 'sometime' to- sooo cute!! :)

Aw I just loved reading this thread...Michael's voice is very sweet, he has a distinctive accent and I can hear Southern undertones there. I also love the way that when he speaks passionately about something you can really feel his emotions like when he talks about the planet in TII you can hear a hushed voice like he feels the pain. Oh I love him!

Forgot to say I also love the sometime and the way that 'u' is pronounced 'er' like hug would 'herg'!

:heat: I've always loved the way Michael talked! That was one of my favorite things about him. The sound of his voice, and the way he spoke.... oh my God...:wub:

I'm still on page one but I just wanted to say that I was gonna start a thread like this about MJ's accent.
I guess he had influences from a lot of places. His parents from the south, living in Indiana, moving to california and Michael lived in NY too when he was a teen so it's probably a mix of all of these.

I'm still on page one but I just wanted to say that I was gonna start a thread like this about MJ's accent.
I guess he had influences from a lot of places. His parents from the south, living in Indiana, moving to california and Michael lived in NY too when he was a teen so it's probably a mix of all of these.

You forgot when he came to Brooklyn a couple of times,even when he did the WIZ, He filmed it in Brooklyn and ofcourse the Photoshoot at the Brooklyn Museum and he owned a Townhouse in Manhattan and lived here while he was recording for a while,
If he was Still alive today and he called my house,He would fool me with all the accents he aquired through the years but he would never forget where he came from with his country sexy twang self.
I miss him so much.:angel:

You forgot when he came to Brooklyn a couple of times,even when he did the WIZ, He filmed it in Brooklyn and ofcourse the Photoshoot at the Brooklyn Museum and he owned a Townhouse in Manhattan and lived here while he was recording for a while,
If he was Still alive today and he called my house,He would fool me with all the accents he aquired through the years but he would never forget where he came from with his country sexy twang self.

Darn, I wasn't aware of that Ebony interview and that it was done at the Brooklyn Museum until shortly after his death (that's how out of touch I was). So close and yet so far...

I have noticed that Michael had a talent for immitating other accents (was there a talent he did NOT have?). I wonder if he ever did a New Yawk accent. I would get a kick out of that.

New York, Brooklyn, Manhattan...it's all the same to me. I'm so far from there that on the map it looks like they're all together. :D Don't be mad at me.

His voice was so unique. He was so amazing and just listening to him all day makes you want to melt!!!

New York, Brooklyn, Manhattan...it's all the same to me. I'm so far from there that on the map it looks like they're all together. :D Don't be mad at me.

I'm not mad at you not at all.:D
Brooklyn and Manhattan are 2 Boroughs Michael likes to come to from time to time,mostly Manhattan.If he was here today,I think he might live in Park Slope,Brooklyn or where Heath Leger once lived. Alot of MovieStars,Musicians,ect.. live near Park Slope ,Borough Park and Red Hook ,Brooklyn. One thing for sure,Michael could imiate anyone even the rough Brooklynite but he would always be his sweet adorable self that likes to play a joke on you.....AW, if I could only hear him now.
:wild:

Darn, I wasn't aware of that Ebony interview and that it was done at the Brooklyn Museum until shortly after his death (that's how out of touch I was). So close and yet so far...

The interview was done in his Hotelroom as far as I remember, I don't know if it was done at The Mariot in Brooklyn or A Hotel where he usually stays in Manhattan. but He did do the shoot at the Museum.

I have noticed that Michael had a talent for immitating other accents (was there a talent he did NOT have?). I wonder if he ever did a New Yawk accent. I would get a kick out of that.

If He Could do that NEW YAWK ,I wouldn't be suprised,better yet ,yes I would.LOL..:clapping:

If He Could do that NEW YAWK ,I wouldn't be suprised,better yet ,yes I would.LOL..:clapping:

I would love to hear MJ making fun of the New Yawk accent. That would be so funny.

This is slightly off topic and I'm sure it's been discussed on this board before but one thing I do remember wayyyy back from the Bad video was that it was filmed in the Hoyt-Schermerhorn subway station in Brooklyn (the dance scenes). I remember feeling so proud about that because that is the station I have passed through thousands of times, especially as a kid going shopping with mom. And there was Michael Jackson being all Bad in there...heh! They really should have re-named it after him.

The interview was done in his Hotelroom as far as I remember, I don't know if it was done at The Mariot in Brooklyn or A Hotel where he usually stays in Manhattan. but He did do the shoot at the Museum.

Yes you are correct, I should have said that the photo shoot for the 2007 Ebony interview was done at the Brooklyn Museum. I enjoyed watching the video of it on youtube. :)

He seemed to have a way of pronouncing certain words that was different. I don't know whether or not it had anything to do with his being from Indiana. These are the 3 I've noticed most often:

--Dropping the letter L in words like "old."
--Pronouncing an E like an I in words like "feel." In Speechless, it sounds like he's singing, "That's how you make me fill."
--Leaving an s off the end of a word like "sometimes."

Ooh, I love it when he says "Sometime" instead of "Sometimes"
almost like he's too lazy to throw the 's' in there.

And the way he said "world" too. Either it was "Worl" like he was saying "Whirl", or sometimes he almost dropped the 'r'.

It'c called EBONICS folks:

What does Ebonics sound like?
To many people, the first examples that come to mind
are slang words like phat ‘excellent’ and bling-bling
‘glittery, expensive jewelry’, words that are popular
among teenagers and young adults, especially rap and
hip hop fans. But words like kitchen ‘the especially
kinky hair at the nape of one’s neck’ and ashy ‘the
whitish appearance of black skin when dry, as in
winter’ are even more interesting. Unlike many slang
terms, these ‘black’ words have been around for ages,
they are not restricted to particular regions or age
groups, and they are virtually unknown (in their ‘black’
meanings) outside the African American community.

Ebonics pronunciation includes features like the
omission of the final consonant in words like ‘past’
(pas’ ) and ‘hand’ (han’), the pronunciation of the th in
‘bath’ as t (bat) or f (baf), and the pronunciation of the
vowel in words like ‘my’ and ‘ride’ as a long ah (mah,
rahd). Some of these occur in vernacular white
English, too, especially in the South, but in general
they occur more frequently in Ebonics. Some Ebonics
pronunciations are more unique, for instance, dropping
b, d, or g at the beginning of auxiliary verbs like
‘don’t’ and ‘gonna’, yielding Ah ‘on know for “I don’t
know” and ama do it for “I’m going to do it.”