The Official Britney Spears Thread,Calling all Britney fans!

ok all, let's all take a breather :flowers: but i just wanted to update everyone on the success of 'piece of me'...

in ireland: still @ #1!! :D link

in the u.s.: moved up to # 21 [URL="http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/chart_display.jsp?cfi=379&cfgn=Singles&cfn=The+Billboard+Hot+100&ci=3090986&cdi=9649385&cid=01%2F26%2F2008[/URL]"]link[/URL]

in denmark: entered this week @ #9 :D link

in canada: moved up to #6 ^_^ link

on the european hot 100 *100 top selling singles in europe as a whole market*: moved up from #42 to #6 ^_^ whoo!! you go girl!! ^_^ link

on the european digital tracks chart *top selling downloaded singles counting europe as a whole market* moved up from #10 to #5 B)
link

in new zealand: moving up to #9 http://allcharts.org/music/newzealand/singles.htm

Last edited:
Surely some blame must be laid at the feet of the people who pushed her into Showbusiness at such an early age. The human mind isn't equipped to cope with it.

Almost every child star pays the price in adulthood. Britney & Michael are just 2 examples.

dont compare her to mike. theres no relevance whatsoever :mello: michaels never lost it and whatever damage his public image has suffered is only thanks to the media. britneys case is totally different. she was not a child star to begin with. her big break happened when she was 17

dont compare her to mike. theres no relevance whatsoever :mello: michaels never lost it and whatever damage his public image has suffered is only thanks to the media. britneys case is totally different. she was not a child star to begin with. her big break happened when she was 17

what do you mean there's no comparison? and she was a child star on the mickey mouse club every day when she was 11, got signed when she was 16. mike was a huge teen singer, so was she...she became hugely successful very quickly at a young age, just like him. she went on to become the biggest solo artist of her generation, so did he...they both sold millions of albums, had many successful tours, won major awards, was on the covers of many magazines and still maintained successful singing careers after their teen years. also they're both media targets as well as targets by public officials...they also have had trusted friends and employees sell out on them...i think britney and mike have a lot in common a lot more than you think ;)

and mike never held a baby over a balcony? was that using good judgment?

Hmm comparing Mjs youth Fame to Britneys is abit meh...He was alot more famous then her at a younger age. But she was still a young'un.

Theyve both had it tuff.

:lol:

i'm not comparing her to other celebs, but i am comparing that other celebs have done worse....i mean how many times do i have to keep saying that? i know she's not michael, i know she's not madonna, i know she's not elvis...i never said she was...but obviously you need to hear the same thing over and over :huh:. and if you think what madonna did was ok, good for you! :rolleyes:

if eminem did the same thing, you'd be laughing your ass off...and of course you wouldn't know if other women don't wear underwear, cuz nobody's taking their picture that's why. yes, she 'intentionally' didn't wear underwear, what i'm saying is i don't think she thought that one pic was angled perfectly...janet jackson intentionally didn't wear underwear to a grammy's apperance with the way her dress was angled, *and no i'm not comparing them as people marci, i'm comparing their actions...and show me a rule where it says on here that i can't do that* my point is other women have done the same thing or even worse. now do you get it? :lol:

You are the one that always repeats urself for no reason. Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:
Anyways im done trying to get u to understand for the 9 millionth time. Btw dont be saying what id do okay? Im not the one who thinks its cool for a celeb to take their clothes off.

Last edited:
You are the one that always repeats urself for no reason. Everyone knows that. :rolleyes:
Anyways im done trying to get u to understand for the 9 millionth time. Btw dont be saying what id do okay? Im not the one who thinks its cool for a celeb to take their clothes off.
Why are you so against celebs taking their clothes off? Celebs have been doing that since celebs began. The legend Liz Taylor have been photographed naked. Their is nothing wrong or shameful about the human body, it can be beautiful to look at. Stop being afraid of it. It was perfectly formed by god, it is a work of art, that is why artist have always painted it.
Of course anything in life can be abused. The people who see the body as something other than beautiful are the ones who have a problem, cause they are the ones in danger of abusing it. This includes rapist, bigots and cameramen who take unorthorised ' upaladiesskirt' photos.

Last edited:
Why are you so against celebs taking their clothes off? Celebs have been doing that since celebs began. The legend Liz Taylor have been photographed naked. Their is nothing wrong or shameful about the human body, it can be beautiful to look at. Stop being afraid of it. It was perfectly formed by god, it is a work of art, that is why artist have always painted it.
Of course anything in life can be abused. The people who see the body as something other than beautiful are the ones who have a problem, cause they are the ones in danger of abusing it. This includes rapist, bigots and cameramen who take unorthorised ' upaladiesskirt' photos.

Why am i against it? Do i really have to answer that? :huh:
If you wanna look at Britneys a$$ be my guest. Its not for me, sorry. :lol:

Why am i against it? Do i really have to answer that? :huh:
If you wanna look at Britneys a$$ be my guest. Its not for me, sorry. :lol:
I don't wanna look at hers but there are those who do, obviously. The body IS a work of art and if the western world wasn't do dirtyminded they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it. Have you ever been to Rome? There are so many statues of naked men and women there it's enough to make you punch drunk. Now those people saw the human body as a work of art. Nothing to be a shamed of. I recently watched a video of MJ in africa running with a group of teenage girls they were totally topless. I am so glad they didn't cover up for him. They were absolutely beautiful, just the way they were.

I don't wanna look at hers but there are those who do, obviously. The body IS a work of art and if the western world wasn't do dirtyminded they wouldn't be making such a fuss about it. Have you ever been to Rome? There are so many statues of naked men and women there it's enough to make you punch drunk. Now those people saw the human body as a work of art. Nothing to be a shamed of. I recently watched a video of MJ in africa running with a group of teenage girls they were totally topless. I am so glad they didn't cover up for him. They were absolutely beautiful, just the way they were.

Lets not compare celebs that like to wear next to nothing to works of art, k?
What? U watched what? Im not so sure i believe that.....
Its obvious that u and i see sooooo differently on this topic.

ok all, let's all take a breather :flowers: but i just wanted to update everyone on the success of 'piece of me'...

in ireland: still @ #1!! :D link

in the u.s.: moved up to # 21 [URL="http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/esearch/chart_display.jsp?cfi=379&cfgn=Singles&cfn=The+Billboard+Hot+100&ci=3090986&cdi=9649385&cid=01%2F26%2F2008[/URL]"]link[/URL]

in denmark: entered this week @ #9 :D link

in canada: moved up to #6 ^_^ link

on the european hot 100 *100 top selling singles in europe as a whole market*: moved up from #42 to #6 ^_^ whoo!! you go girl!! ^_^ link

on the european digital tracks chart *top selling downloaded singles counting europe as a whole market* moved up from #10 to #5 B)
link

in new zealand: moving up to #9 http://allcharts.org/music/newzealand/singles.htm
That's really awesome :) So happy it's doing so well! Yay!!! I LOVE her new album!! Tis fab!! ^_^

Hello fellow Britneyers! Wonder if this thread will become as big as the one on MJNO...it was HUGE!

Gimme More and Piece Of Me play heaps at the shops :D

http://x17video.com/celebrity_video/britney_spears/brits_kitson_moment.php#more

^^Seems shes lost her fake British accent...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080117/ts_nm/spears_paparazzi_dc_2

Four paparazzi arrested after chasing Britney Spears
Thu Jan 17, 2:07 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Four photographers were arrested for reckless driving after a late night car chase of pop star Britney Spears on the outskirts of Los Angeles, police said on Thursday.
b

Los Angeles police spokeswoman Sara Faden said the four were among a group of paparazzi seen driving at high speed in the Mission Hills area of the city around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday on the trail of the troubled singer.
"Britney Spears was part of the group, but was not driving recklessly," Faden said. She said four men were booked for reckless driving and each ordered to put up $5,000 bail.
According to the celebrity Web site http://www.TMZ.com, Spears told police that one of the cars, which she could not identify, may have tried to run her off the road.
Spears, 26, has been trailed by paparazzi day and night for several months as her personal and professional life has fallen apart following her divorce from Kevin Federline and bitter battles over the custody of her two children.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant, editing by Alan Elsner)

Last edited:
no where near it. what a disgusting and offensive exaggeration.

it's very easy for you to say that but how exactly do you propose a change? and it borders on patronising actually because you know that celebrities and us fans alike have vocally spoken out and legally taken action against such press FOR DECADES and what happened? it got worse.

so unless you can come up with a working solution (you'd probably be given a nobel peace prize), then accept the fact that if you're a controversial figure and you moan and obviously get hurt by how the media is treating you - then just stop being unnecessarily controversial and feeding them with power to hurt you and gain money from it.

aphrodite jones is proof that the media can change if they want to, and not have such a wolf pack mentality. she suffered at the hands of fellow people in the media, for her courage to stand up to the rest of them.

http://x17video.com/celebrity_video/britney_spears/brits_kitson_moment.php#more

^^Seems shes lost her fake British accent...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080117/ts_nm/spears_paparazzi_dc_2

Four paparazzi arrested after chasing Britney Spears
Thu Jan 17, 2:07 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Four photographers were arrested for reckless driving after a late night car chase of pop star Britney Spears on the outskirts of Los Angeles, police said on Thursday.
b

Los Angeles police spokeswoman Sara Faden said the four were among a group of paparazzi seen driving at high speed in the Mission Hills area of the city around 11:30 p.m. on Wednesday on the trail of the troubled singer.
"Britney Spears was part of the group, but was not driving recklessly," Faden said. She said four men were booked for reckless driving and each ordered to put up $5,000 bail.
According to the celebrity Web site http://www.TMZ.com, Spears told police that one of the cars, which she could not identify, may have tried to run her off the road.
Spears, 26, has been trailed by paparazzi day and night for several months as her personal and professional life has fallen apart following her divorce from Kevin Federline and bitter battles over the custody of her two children.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant, editing by Alan Elsner)

I've said it before, it is the paps and the media that needs controlling. If they do not stop this we are going to have another princess Di on or hand. Some of these people are evil enough to try that. I believe Britney that they tried to run her off the road. Anything for money.:(

^^^Me too but i read an article today that stated Britney didnt want them to be arrested....:mello:

Hey guys did you see the latest disgusting pics of Britney? If uve seen them you know what i mean - lol.

I've said it before, it is the paps and the media that needs controlling. If they do not stop this we are going to have another princess Di on or hand. Some of these people are evil enough to try that. I believe Britney that they tried to run her off the road. Anything for money.:(

i completely agree, this crazy idiots drive 20+ above the speed limit, they drive the wrong way on a 1 way street, they drive over sidewalks, they drive on the opposite lanes *across the double yellow line*, they screech right in front of her car...:mad:i'm amazed papps always seemed to get away with breaking traffic laws...they're not exempt and they're not 'covering a breaking story'.... so good that they got arrested!

^^^Me too but i read an article today that stated Britney didnt want them to be arrested....:mello:

it doesn't matter if britney wanted them arrested or not, they broke the traffic laws and the cops caught them in the act...so it's irrevelant if britney felt they deserved it but she did tell them they tried to run her off the road...

what disgusting pics? marci, it's hard for me to believe you're actually a fan of hers...

Last edited:
That's really awesome :) So happy it's doing so well! Yay!!! I LOVE her new album!! Tis fab!! ^_^

thanks buddy :D i started this thread to be a fan appreciation one so just had to fill everyone in on the good news...so piece of me is becoming a top ten smash, and she's not even on tour or anything...^_^

it doesn't matter if britney wanted them arrested or not, they broke the traffic laws and the cops caught them in the act...so it's irrevelant if britney felt they deserved it but she did tell them they tried to run her off the road...

what disgusting pics? marci, it's hard for me to believe you're actually a fan of hers...

Well Carol im not really here to make sure you believe it or not. It really has no affect on me what-so-ever. And by disgusting pics i mean period pics. Is that disgusting enough for you?

aphrodite jones is proof that the media can change if they want to, and not have such a wolf pack mentality. she suffered at the hands of fellow people in the media, for her courage to stand up to the rest of them.
no one is doubting the ability of the media moguls to change but Aphrodite Jones is pretty much a nobody compared to the big wigs. it's the influential proprietors of mass media that need to go in a sensible and moral direction. of course i believe the biggest issue here is the public's needs and expectations of what they're "entitled" to know about celebrities - this drives the media to compete with each other and go to extreme lengths to get "juicy" stories and footage.

^^i don't think anyone cares if she's on her period or not...:lol:
you think wrong. *awaits for Datsymay to praise the public display of such a natural process* :)

Last edited:
no one is doubting the ability of the media moguls to change but Aphrodite Jones is pretty much a nobody compared to the big wigs. it's the influential proprietors of mass media that need to go in a sensible and moral direction. of course i believe the biggest issue here is the public's needs and expectations of what they're "entitled" to know about celebrities that is driving the media to compete with each other and go to extreme lengths to get "juicy" stories and footage.

you think wrong. *awaits for Datsymay to praise the public display of such a natural process* :)

oh come on!!:rolleyes: if she stained her clothes, we've all done that...i mean i haven't seen these pics nor do i care to see them, but if it's something like that, britney's not the first ;)

oh come on!!:rolleyes: if she stained her clothes, we've all done that...i mean i haven't seen these pics nor do i care to see them, but if it's something like that, britney's not the first ;)
i don't know who you're trying to convince or what you're trying to convince us of but what i'm telling you is that all those people who read tabloid junk will care about this sort of ****. it's controversial, it gets attention. the bad kind.

and do try and make an effort to know/have seen what you're talking about before doing so. and who else have you heard of that had a similar situation? (celebrity of course)?

Last edited:
i don't know who you're trying to convince or what you're trying to convince us of but what i'm telling you is that all those people who read tabloid junk will care about this sort of ****. it's controversial, it gets attention. the bad kind.

not if it was something that she stained her clothes ;) @ least not the people who don't waste their time with tabloid junk:) so i guess the only people that really care if britney's on her period are the ones who read tabloid junk...i'm not one of them.;)

not if it was something that she stained her clothes ;) @ least not the people who don't waste their time with tabloid junk:) so i guess the only people that really care if britney's on her period are the ones who read tabloid junk...i'm not one of them.;)
LOL yes and that's a lot of them. that's the problem.

Back