The Last Person to Post in This Thread Wins

:cautious:
Bring me flowers and a small animal :cautious:
giphy.gif

Tricky question, that. I’m trying to come up with what it is we say in those situations.

“Som balsam för själen” (like conditioner for the soul) might be fitting?

How strictly is your Bier-Proverb a response for receiving compliments?

It is very casual. You won´t use it in a more formal setting (on the job or in an official situation)

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh for goodness sake here weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
What's that with ricky ? 😕
Ooh no thats not it at all lol
You may try some Master P.. !

How could you ever forget that?

Really ? Mr S heard colours too?

You are synaesthetic??? In what way? Amazing, I am currrrrious ..... Do you see colors when hearing music?

@bluemoon7

Bruce Swedien:

" ... I also have another problem in that I hear sounds as colors in my mind. Frequently when I'm EQing or checking the spectrum of a mix or a piece of music, if I don't see the right colors in it, I know the balance is not there."
(P.254, Mixing Engineer's Handbook, 2nd ed. , Bobby Owsinski)

Last edited:
@bluemoon7

Bruce Swedien:

" ... I also have another problem in that I hear sounds as colors in my mind. Frequently when I'm EQing or checking the spectrum of a mix or a piece of music, if I don't see the right colors in it, I know the balance is not there."
(P.254, Mixing Engineer's Handbook, 2nd ed. , Bobby Owsinski)

The human brain is just awesome. I have heard/read about synaesthesia, but don´t know anyone who has it.

I know that some musicians having absolute pitch sometimes suffer because they hear the slightest off pitch nuances in music performances/musical notes and also in everyday noises and sounds. I don´t know if everyone is the same, though.

Interesting: my voice teacher says that people with absolute pitch are not necessarily great musicians. And not all great musicians have perfect pitch. To use an anology (that isn´t perfect either lol): Owning a Stradivari violin doesn´t make you a great musician per se. lol

Last edited:
The human brain is just awesome. I have heard/read about synaesthesia, but don´t know anyone who has it.

I know that some musicians having absolute pitch sometimes suffer because they hear the slightest off pitch nuances in music performances/musical notes and also in everyday noises and sounds. I don´t know if everyone is the same, though
This is slightly different but kinda related, maybe. There is an interview, which I love, with Peggy McCreary who was a sound engineer who worked with Prince for years in the 1980's. You know how when you listen to music you love you often bob your head along to the beat? Well, if anyone in the studio did that when Prince was creating his songs he'd get really arsey, apparently. And he would even do it to his audience when he was doing piano stuff or acoustic stuff onstage.

But then, as she finishes telling this anecdote, Dweezil Zappa (Frank Zappa's son) jumped in and said he could kinda understand it bc when you're onstage, playing away, if you see someone in the audience grooving along to your song but they are off the beat it really interferes with your performance bc it's so off-putting. Like, the musician can start to question whether they are properly on the beat.

This is slightly different but kinda related, maybe. There is an interview, which I love, with Peggy McCreary who was a sound engineer who worked with Prince for years in the 1980's. You know how when you listen to music you love you often bob your head along to the beat? Well, if anyone in the studio did that when Prince was creating his songs he'd get really arsey, apparently. And he would even do it to his audience when he was doing piano stuff or acoustic stuff onstage.

But then, as she finishes telling this anecdote, Dweezil Zappa (Frank Zappa's son) jumped in and said he could kinda understand it bc when you're onstage, playing away, if you see someone in the audience grooving along to your song but they are off the beat it really interferes with your performance bc it's so off-putting. Like, the musician can start to question whether they are properly on the beat.
Oh, yes, I know that feeling!

Yes! 😅

I just rememberd this from my childhood: A literal NIGHTMARE for synaesthetic people (because I think they have an individual or even changing "colorset" for music, no?) :LOL: 😅

Bunte-Noten-fürs-Glockenspiel.jpg
Glockenspiel.jpg

:love: wooooohoooo! Does it annoy you or do you love it?
Oh right well for me blue , it can be aggravating if you are not familiar with the music etc because then it becomes other than what you are doing which is simply listening and alot can go on. but really, with m it is fine. i'm comfortable .You just know no difference you know?
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i know! i am excited ha! I am curious with what you wannah post!:eek::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh right well for me blue , it can be aggravating if you are not familiar with the music etc because then it becomes other than what you are doing which is simply listening and alot can go on. but really, with m it is fine. i'm comfortable .You just know no difference you know?

🙂
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss i know! i am excited ha! I am curious with what you wannah post!:eek::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
🫣 I did it
You are next :cool:

And also, I got pictures from those words. It was all really so sweet. I want it set to music. All the imagery. You can envision it.
Pictures and/or colors and shades?

I get visuals or pictures also when writing or hearing music and reading, but like everyone does. Maybe it is more like being in a certain setting or a mood that is like a room.

I am rambling lol🫥

Back